• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So Gamespot knows the date but won't release it until later?

The fuck kinda news site is this?

It's quite likely Gamespot doesn't know any date, but as others have speculated, this is simply a placeholder article cooked up to make it quicker to publish a news article on the off chance that something does get announced during the concert. I suspect people are getting worked up for nothing here.

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's quite likely Gamespot doesn't know any date, but as others have speculated, this is simply a placeholder article cooked up to make it quicker to publish a news article on the off chance that something does get announced during the concert. I suspect people are getting worked up for nothing here.
The "Winter is coming" part is oddly specific though

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Its almost 4am here. Should I wait for the supposed trailer? would it even be published or is it just a concert thing?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Trailer is coming out tonight. There are two trailers, the second one at Square's conference tomorrow night. FFVII concert is going on right now so you have to wait a little but it'll be similar to KH3 yesterday.

Oct 27, 2017
Squares conference is tomorrow night, Monday right?

I hope it releases this year. That would be awesome. Even if its just a part

circuitry

Oct 30, 2017
This is going around twitter,

D8qmVW2U0AA9D6R.jpg

And that is a fan model that's been going around for months.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Repeat with me.

Gamespot does not know the date or window. That's why it's not in the article.

This is a placeholder post made just in case they announced the date at the concert.

That's why most of it is made of old nothings and the only relevant part is blank. Old trick which went wrong when someone pressed publish by mistake.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
uhh no way. Disc 2 goes by real fast in terms of story because of the airship travel and disc 3 has almost no story. Disc 1 is by far the longest in terms of story
Naw. You can beat Midgar in a single sitting, and I did on that first night I played it back in 1997. The rest of the game will take the average person days of playtime after that.

In the remake, though... we don't know yet.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Naw. You can beat Midgar in a single sitting, and I did on that first night I played it back in 1997. The rest of the game will take the average person days of playtime after that.

In the remake, though... we don't know yet.

Is everyone talking about the same thing here? You're Right, you can beat midgar pretty quickly... And once you leave it there's still about 15-20 hours of disc one left.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Yeah a lot of people are forgetting how long each disc is in FF7. Disc 3 has next to nothing in it aside from a handful of sidequests that couldn't be done in Disc 2, and Northern Cave.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah a lot of people are forgetting how long each disc is in FF7. Disc 3 has next to nothing in it aside from a handful of sidequests that couldn't be done in Disc 2, and Northern Cave.
I feel like the motorcycle chase out of Midgar is such an effective cliffhanger for the rest of the game, that a lot of people have false memories that "Disc 1 is Midgar/Disc 2 is the world".

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I feel like the motorcycle chase out of Midgar is such an effective cliffhanger for the rest of the game, that a lot of people have false memories that "Disc 1 is Midgar/Disc 2 is the world".
Oh I agree. but for an episodic release I think the Kalm Flashback would be the best stopping point. It not only gives the player a cooldown period after Midgar, but sets up Sephiroth and hints at Cloud's spotty memories.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I agree. but for an episodic release I think the Kalm Flashback would be the best stopping point. It not only gives the player a cooldown period after Midgar, but sets up Sephiroth and hints at Cloud's spotty memories.
Agreed. Especially if they're expanding on the story. Kalm would be a great place to end it. Pick it up in part 2 with escaping the Midgar Marsh Zolom as an action set piece to get back into the swing of things.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Agreed. Especially if they're expanding on the story. Kalm would be a great place to end it. Pick it up in part 2 with escaping the Midgar Marsh Zolom as an action set piece to get back into the swing of things.

We get out of Midgar and have a chance to explore the world at large and the game ends? No, I think Junon is a better way to end. It introduces the big world, more monsters, a big hard boss like the Midgar Zolom and other stuff so we can have actual optional content along with Fort Condor and finding Yuffie. Then travelling to a new continent is the perfect place to end things for the first episode. How many episodes would the game even have if it ended on Kalm? 5? 6? The second continent has a lot of story and fun places to explore and then it ends on a great story point. Then we have all of disc 2. It would be nuts to end on Kalm, and even Junon seems too early looking at the story.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Date was just revealed. March 3rd, 2020. Not sure if mods want to use this thread or close it.

Oct 28, 2017
We get out of Midgar and have a chance to explore the world at large and the game ends? No, I think Junon is a better way to end. It introduces the big world, more monsters, a big hard boss like the Midgar Zolom and other stuff so we can have actual optional content along with Fort Condor and finding Yuffie. Then travelling to a new continent is the perfect place to end things for the first episode. How many episodes would the game even have if it ended on Kalm? 5? 6? The second continent has a lot of story and fun places to explore and then it ends on a great story point. Then we have all of disc 2. It would be nuts to end on Kalm, and even Junon seems too early looking at the story.
I don't think you'd get "big open world" at that point if it is where they choose to end (if there even is a world map at all in this version). I can imagine the walk to Kalm being a cutscene (or cut entirely), and then an expanded on version of the flashback, and ending with the characters having a "well then we gotta go stop him!" moment or something after Cloud's story about Nibelheim wraps up.

That said, I would be happily surprised if pt1 goes way further than that. Heck, go full Disc 1 if possible (tho I'm not holding my breath for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.