• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a chance we will get a state of play in Jan ? Seems a bit random they will drop this with no fanfare.

Oct 31, 2017
Can Square Enix hurry the fuck up.

I mean, not that I'd be able to play it today anyways *cries*

But my download speed is atrocious so I need that time *cries*

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus the thirst for this game is insane. I can't imagine what will happen with pre release copies etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, holy shit.

Please add a Critical mode, Normal as the highest setting is a bit disappointing. Hopefully if the demo is too easy the feedback will make them add it as a day one patch or something.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Look great. Now when is the second part coming so i can buy a full game instead of half of it, as much as i love this game, wont touch it until its fully release.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Have they said how long the first part is? I remember playing through all of Midgar in like 3-4 hours or so, is that right? Wonder if the filler stuff they added is clever enough to sustain the rest of the game, I sure hope so.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Mother of god when Cloud lands and bombing mission music goes into full effect. I don't think I will be able to handle this game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said how long the first part is? I remember playing through all of Midgar in like 3-4 hours or so, is that right? Wonder if the filler stuff they added is clever enough to sustain the rest of the game, I sure hope so.

They said a full fledged JRPG so probably 30-40 hours by FF standards.
If it's anything like the KH3 leak thread, it's going to be wild. The Nomura special part 2.

That thread was as entertaining as the game itself.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Just release the damn thing SE

I was hoping the demo would end with a transition from cutscene to gameplay like Lost Odyssey did well over a decade ago - and it did. Sure it's been done plenty of times since then (Spiderman is a good example), but for an RPG it makes me nostalgic.

2n6Fku.gif

Still looks so good.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im very skeptical of their release timeline and how they piece this up. Unless there is a surprise that the first part also includes hours outside of midgar, then this game is gonna be like 7 parts. I see that becoming very annoying over the long haul no matter how good the games are.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Im very skeptical of their release timeline and how they piece this up. Unless there is a surprise that the first part also includes hours outside of midgar, then this game is gonna be like 7 parts. I see that becoming very annoying over the long haul no matter how good the games are.
Why would it be 7 parts? Do you really think they are that stupid? 😂

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
They said it is the length of a normal numbered Final Fantasy which should be around 40 hours or so. We haven't seen how they plan to expand the content of Midgar to that level, but that's what they have been saying.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I really need Square to release this demo before the 13th, or else I'll have to wait a whole month to play it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I think defining the visual style, pipeline, workflow, gameplay etc... is a big part.

Now they can just focus on improving and adding content.

Also UE4 makes it really easy to create landscapes for the open world and sprinkle them with enemies and points of interest.

I expect 3 parts total.