• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
There is barely anything I like from this remake.
The art style puts me off, the fact that it will take ages until it's complete and the money hatted timed exclusivity is one of the worst practices in the industry and here I am still wanting to play the demo.

I don't get it. Why would you bother?

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
Seems some members of avalanche are actually surprised by the amount of destruction caused by the bomb. Wedge specifically says something along the lines of not expecting the bomb to even work stating he had just followed some instructions he found. I am trying to find the exact dialog, maybe I'll replay the section again but it stuck out to me when he said it as a kind of funny remark but with this change it seems it could have been intentional as a tell that Shinra was actually pretty involved.
That I do remember, but it seems like such a huge extrapolation
that Shin-Ra is responsible
that i never thought much of it. I always just assumed it shock at actually seeing the consequences of their actions rather than just weighing them like numbers (doctrine of swine and all that). I just find it hard to believe that was the intended conclusion when everything from Barret's character arc to the antagonists' behaviour contradict it.

MMMGDD

Feb 18, 2018
That I do remember, but it seems like such a huge extrapolation
that Shin-Ra is responsible
that i never thought much of it. I always just assumed it shock at actually seeing the consequences of their actions rather than just weighing them like numbers (doctrine of swine and all that). I just find it hard to believe that was the intended conclusion when everything from Barret's character arc to the antagonists' behaviour contradict it.

Yeah I am not gonna say it's the definite conclusion people should have taken at the time; I just think potentially when deciding on a change like this, they probably wanted changes they could justify within the original game's cannon. I think this dialog gives them exactly that. We will see if they manage to handle the story consequences of the change when the game comes out. For now I am mostly positive on this change and hope they are able to justify it in the full release and subsequent parts.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
i understand the game frames that way, but Barret was never wrong, shinra was killing the planet and that would kill everyone and the only way they would stop is by force, destroying reactors or seizing Power and stop using it, Reeve talks about Barret motivation, but that doesnt really matter If the objective is right, also Reeve is the real hypocrite because he never expressed Desire to stop using mako only to make shinra less evil, he blames Barret for the victims, but ommits shinra was killing many more and the planet (and he worked for shinra during all that time) and they had to be stopped asap
Nah, Barret is wrong. Opposing Shin-Ra and using violent means isn't, but treating people as justifiable casualties in a scorched earth revenge campaign is. AVALANCHE wants a real revolution with real blood, but notably do not have any real plan for governance after the resultant power vacuum, has no contingency for resource management and distribution, no means to fund/research infrastructure for alternate energy no organisation whatsoever, and no community outreach (though it seems they're changing that last one in the remake). The whole thing is one fucked up disaster from end to end.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
E3
u0V8Ewz.png

Demo
XjhcATq.png

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Keen to try the demo whenever it drops. I've still never played a Final Fantasy game despite owning a few on Steam.

I'm not sure if I should play the original VII or just wait until this game fully releases. I've waited this long.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Keen to try the demo whenever it drops. I've still never played a Final Fantasy game despite owning a few on Steam.

I'm not sure if I should play the original VII or just wait until this game fully releases. I've waited this long.

I would wait and play this one.

You could always play another FF game in the meantime.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Nomura is going to be extremely pissed and will delay the western version of the game RIP

Looks absolutely gorgeous though! Only two months until it drops and I'm so excited

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The correct pronunciation is fucking you up?
What a condescending attitude. There are plenty of things commonly mispronounced, much less something like mako. My only association with it my entire life is as an English only speaker reading the word when I was 10 and thinking it was pronounced the way I thought it was for the next 20 years.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Barret is wrong. Opposing Shin-Ra and using violent means isn't, but treating people as justifiable casualties in a scorched earth revenge campaign is. AVALANCHE wants a real revolution with real blood, but notably do not have any real plan for governance after the resultant power vacuum, has no contingency for resource management and distribution, no means to fund/research infrastructure for alternate energy no organisation whatsoever, and no community outreach (though it seems they're changing that last one in the remake). The whole thing is one fucked up disaster from end to end.
i disagree, lots of revolutions start and do not have that full government planning and its worked out after, i agree its better to have it, though shinra had to be stopped asap, so i dont see this as something that makes his fight wrong, and using strenght means death and casualties, its never clean, but i agree Barret didnt need to act like a dick to the victims.

Jurai

Oct 27, 2017
Sony exposed QA PKG's to the public, videos are presumably being run on devkit systems as they are able to run 6.50 titles and this one apparently can run on a devkit/testkit

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know the details on how they accessed this demo?
It was uploaded to one of Sony's PSN servers, there's a website that tracks what gets added to the PSN and they directed people to where it could be downloaded but people thought it wouldn't be accessible due to encryption but alas here we are.

Also Mako is pronounced the exact way I thought it was.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
It was uploaded to one of Sony's PSN servers, there's a website that tracks what gets added to the PSN and they directed people to where it could be downloaded but people thought it wouldn't be accessible due to encryption but alas here we are.

Also Mako is pronounced the exact way I thought it was.

Is there any way we can access it now? or sony has removed it from their servers?

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
Cheers for the reply. I think I will wait.
I think it would be more rewarding to play the OG first and then compare (especially since you'll have to wait several years for the entire story), but I'm shamelessly biased.
i disagree, lots of revolutions start and do not have that full government planning and its worked out after, i agree its better to have it, though shinra had to be stopped asap, so i dont see this as something that makes his fight wrong, and using strenght means death and casualties, its never clean, but i agree Barret didnt need to act like a dick to the victims.
They do, but this is not like a spontaneous uprising of several distinct factions or a violent flashpoint. And tbf, "successful" political movements tend to have at least vague contours of what the coa is beyond just deposition of the current regime. Similarly, the lion's share of activism is just logistics/ensuring community self-sufficiency.

Like, mans is not wrong to be violent, but what he's doing is the equivalent of some rando detonating a kiloton bomb in the middle of Times Square after watching An Inconvenient Truth. when really, assassination is the answer

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
How the hell someone played already???

Just announce it; PS Blog, State of Play, etc.

The next leak could be full game, lol.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ain't gonna lie, this "Mah-ko" shit is fucking me up.

It's funny, because after starting to learn Japanese, I started to realize I was pronouncing it wrong (same with Yuffie's name). I was saying "May" instead of "Mah". But yeah, absolutely could understand why hearing it pronounced that way after so many years probably not hearing it.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Oh my god the music! Visuals are so pretty and the demo is longer than I expected.

SE, please release the demo so I can just stand in the environments and listen to the music.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping Shinra would be more Trumpy looking but I don't mind the Paul Newman look

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I used to say Midg-er and Tiff-a. What's one more mispronounciation?

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goodness, the music is so dynamic. And here I thought Nier Automata had seamless transitions, but they took it to a whole 'nother level with FFVIIr.

Just heard another arrangement of the battle theme, i-

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea why not the update video is edited into the OP... or even mention by the title at which page and post the updated video is?

Like really have to go through the pages on my phone trying to find it?

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Nope...nope..nooope. It's only 2 months away. Not gonna watch this. I can handle this (deep breath).
..........T_T

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This demo has Japanese voice overs? I wish it was out, but I'm more impatiently awaiting the full release.