• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Hey folks I wanted to play FFVI and looked into what the best option was and opted for emulation/the Ted Woolsey patch but I can't seem to apply it!

I've got a clean game that I've made sure is unheadered with TUSH and have applied my desired patch with Lunar IPS, but every time I get to the third screen of the game I know it hasn't been patched because of the line "dread" not being "dreaded":

7-ffvi_025.png

NOTE: This is from the GBA version, this is NOT what I'm seeing. Just wanted to Google an image of the screen so you know what I'm talking about.

What exactly am I doing wrong here?

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Are you certain that it's supposed to be corrected to dread? The patch definitely makes a difference in some visuals, font and dialogue but dread remains on it anyway.

WcjyJor.png

Left is original, right is patched.

OP
OP
Pyro

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
Are you certain that it's supposed to be corrected to dread? The patch definitely makes a difference in some visuals, font and dialogue but dread remains on it anyway.

WcjyJor.png

Left is original, right is patched.

So this is weird, your example is indeed changed but not dread? The videos I've seen of the game running the patch are a couple years old and the version of the patch I downloaded through romhacking.net says it was last updated this July. Perhaps they went back and unchanged it because it was originally grammatically correct?

OP
OP
Pyro

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
youtu.be

Let's Play Final Fantasy VI #1 - Vapour Rub

Wasn't going to upload this video for a while since it's a game i'm very nervous to do, but when i realised what day it is today I couldn't resist, seemed to...

Yeah judging by this video of the original and comparing the two, I do indeed have the patch installed correctly. Strange how they backpedaled on the one thing I latched onto to compare them, FML.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
seDj6hP.png

I managed to track down an older version of the patch from 2016, and you were correct! They reverted it in later versions.

OP
OP
Pyro

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
seDj6hP.png

I managed to track down an older version of the patch from 2016, and you were correct! They reverted it in later versions.

Yeah after scratching my head for half an hour wondering what I possibly did wrong/re-downloading patches and what not, only to learn I did everything right this is how I feel:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.