• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Good to live in The Lucky Country. Picked up my deluxe edition earlier today but have been too busy playing Animal Crossing to give it a go yet.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I remember release dates used to get broken left right and center in Australia (throughout the 2000's anyway). EA Sports games that had a set date would often be sold nearly 2 weeks early, plus many other games from other companies as well. It wasn't until the Gears of War 2 fiasco at our local K-Mart store other retailers took note of the Microsoft threat and rarely ever broke street dates after that point in time (not only with "strict embargo" titles, but general releases as well).

Fun times

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for the Aussies, but why are they getting it early?, like, what's the logic? haha
Our stores are currently allowed to stay open for some backwards "essential shopping" reason. They're trying to avoid a situation where they are forced to close and people can't access what they've paid for.

Plus it brings in more money because it can make people send money on the game now, or double dip if they paid for digital.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Ok SE, it's time to unleash this game in the world!
It has leaked
It's just being outright sold in some places
We are all in quarantine bored to pieces

Press the button and let me play my digital copy in the US!

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Heard rumors that it's on AU PSN? This an April Fools or actually true?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Saw that someone on reddit who ordered back in April last year has their order processed, so the rest of us back order chumps probly have to wait.

May just cancel

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Got past the demo section, now the real shit starts. Never played big FF7 before either.

Oct 26, 2017
Email from shopto, check your inboxes folks. Most important part for me is "We will be shipping your Final Fantasy pre-order as soon as possible in order for you receive in time for release. "

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Shopto in UK saying they are processing my preorder now. Looking like an early shipment!!!!!

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
I dm'd Shopto on twitter asking why it changed from pre-order to back order and got this

'it may be a way our warehouse team can segment batches of orders being processed, pls do not worry, the release date is the end of next week
orders have to be hand packed due to bonus item'

Edit: They've changed it back to pre-order now lol

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Good, my store in Austria sort of promised to deliver the game early to Germany before the long Easter holiday, which includes the release day (genius move Square, such a dumb day to pick under normal circumstances), so they'll get it early, too as usual.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for the Aussies, but why are they getting it early?, like, what's the logic? haha
No logic, a big store (EB Games) got greedy and started selling early, news spread like wildfire and other stores sold it too. I mean, Square *just* released the statement that said that they shipped them early to European and Australian stores to make sure they would have them in time, but they weren't changing the release date so if you manage to get yours early please don't spoil. They wouldn't release that statement and then just a day later say f-it, sell it now everyone, so this wasn't official.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Don't see the digital release changing, there is a charge for that as far as I know. Cool for the physical buyers, digital buyers can wait a few extra days.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
No logic, a big store (EB Games) got greedy and started selling early, news spread like wildfire and other stores sold it too. I mean, Square *just* released the statement that said that they shipped them early to European and Australian stores to make sure they would have them in time, but they weren't changing the release date so if you manage to get yours early please don't spoil. They wouldn't release that statement and then just a day later say f-it, sell it now everyone, so this wasn't official.

Not true though. Every store had it for sale at opening time today. It's not like it was just EB Games.Every single store from opening had it for sale. EB, gamesmen, JB Hifi, Big W etc. it was obviously organised and they were allowed to sell the game.
Before stores opened this morning news outlets got the news and you could see from all of their websites that it was no longer showing as a pre order but in stock. In fact EB was one of the last to update their website.

So it would have been official. Also every store has the disclaimer about not streaming and being mindful of others, so I am assuming that was part of the agreement.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Not true though. Every store had it for sale at opening time today. It's not like it was just EB Games.Every single store from opening had it for sale. EB, gamesmen, JB Hifi, Big W etc. it was obviously organised and they were allowed to sell the game.
Before stores opened this morning news outlets got the news and you could see from all of their websites that it was no longer showing as a pre order but in stock. In fact EB was one of the last to update their website.
100% this.

In fact, from Monday night to Wednesday morning (before 9am), EB wasn't answering any questions about the release on Final Fantasy VII Remake. Tuesday night had the Gamesmen send an email saying that FFVIIR would be on sale "very soon." JB HiFi's website had the game for sale before EB did. It was absolutely an organised release in the face of a pandemic.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
100% this.

In fact, from Monday night to Wednesday morning (before 9am), EB wasn't answering any questions about the release on Final Fantasy VII Remake. Tuesday night had the Gamesmen send an email saying that FFVIIR would be on sale "very soon." JB HiFi's website had the game for sale before EB did. It was absolutely an organised release in the face of a pandemic.

yeah 100%

I know because I was hassling then to release on their Facebook as well as constantly F5ing their website to see haha

when my friend messaged me this morning it's for sale, I thought was April fools joke, so I checked EB and it was still pre order. But I thought to check JB and the like and sure enough it was all saying in stock. Than at 9am they put a post up saying it's out now.

they all probably have some sort of idea what's going on with regards to store closures and the like and have worked something out.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It most certainly was organised, there's a reason basically all retail shops starting selling it at the same time. I've never ever seen EB Games sell a game before they were supposed to, it doesn't happen with big name chain stores.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I dm'd Shopto on twitter asking why it changed from pre-order to back order and got this

'it may be a way our warehouse team can segment batches of orders being processed, pls do not worry, the release date is the end of next week

Ah I was wondering why that was, mine has changed back to pre-order too, thanks for finding out.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
It most certainly was organised, there's a reason basically all retail shops starting selling it at the same time. I've never ever seen EB Games sell a game before they were supposed to, it doesn't happen with big name chain stores.

yeah that's the other thing. I have seen places break street date and EB still refuse to budge until head office says so. They don't sell things early, they are a stickler for rules

OP
OP
laoni

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't entirely organised, at least in my experience on JB's end at a granular level. I gave my local store a ring a bit before opening to ask about it(about 9:40am?), they told me they had received no info from head office so, no copies would be sold today. About an hour later, my store was telling me they had absolutely no stock of the game as their shipment hadn't come in yet, which didn't come in till about 3:30pm

EB was totally prepared, though

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't entirely organised, at least in my experience on JB's end at a granular level. I gave my local store a ring a bit before opening to ask about it(about 9:40am?), they told me they had received no info from head office so, no copies would be sold today. About an hour later, my store was telling me they had absolutely no stock of the game as their shipment hadn't come in yet, which didn't come in till about 3:30pm

EB was totally prepared, though
Seems to be a "that store problem" as other JB HiFi's had the game for sale earlier in the day. Plus they updated their website well before EB did lol.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For fuck sake SE just launch this shit. It's out. If I get spoiled on this I'm done with this shitty industry

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nonsense.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Just got the Amazon (US) email about my Deluxe edition possibly missing release date. Looks like it might be time to pull the trigger on digital, but the packaging looks so nice (dont get both... dont get both..)

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
In France too it's available in most supermarkets so it makes people go out to get it... (we're supposed to go out just to get necessary things such as food) I preordered it digitally and it's out of question that I go to a shop just to get a video game (even though it's a remake of my favorite game ever)... Is there any chance that SE releases it earlier and the PSN? I mean supermarkets are selling it right away, online shops are shipping it, even the SE official shop is shipping the game... Would be cool to unlock the game.

Oct 25, 2017

So in other words, the system updated to processing for everyone and now back to preorder as they had to manually pack the bonus item.
I'd be very surprised if they ship this week, more than likely they'll go out Tuesday or Wednesday next week, maybe Monday.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Relax man, it's not like SE is doing this on purpose. They're releasing it early here just in case the shops are locked down due to the pandemic.

Yeah and they also could unlock it digitally. Shops ARE locked down elsewhere. Shits now all over YouTube and I'm already getting spoilers showing up in my recommended videos. What SE is doing will encourage people to go out and risk the virus to try find a store that's open since the alternative is wait another week and know basically everything that happens.

Easy solution, flip the damn switch.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Simplygames in the UK looks like being before the weekend.

Screenshot-20200401-125332-1.png

Grindlefly

Oct 26, 2017
Just seen a post from simplygames.com (uk) thay says they have agreed a shipping date for Final Fantasy 7 remake, but camt say when.

They then said they will be very busy in the warehouse this afternoon and tomorrow so its lookiing like any people who have ordered from them will get Friday.

I was a sucker who ordered digital because I thought it would be safer

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Relax man, it's not like SE is doing this on purpose. They're releasing it early here just in case the shops are locked down due to the pandemic.
I don't think it's the case. In France every non necessary shops (such as entertainment or game shops) are locked since the 16th of March, only shops that sell food are open.But a lot of those shops (supermarkets) are selling video games too, so they are selling FFVIIR earlier anyway. I dunno about Australia though maybe there supermarkets don't sell games.
I wish it releases on PSN, even though if it doesn't I won't stop to play video games, that's for sure. :)