• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Mine is installing now. Can't help but be concerned by what I'm missing not having the likely Day 1 patch, though.
I've had absolutely no graphical errors or janky gameplay that day one patches usually fix. Unless there's an unannounced photo mode being added day one, I don't think there'll be anything added.

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
The game comes with a code inside for some materia, has anyone got it to download? I think it might be locked until official release

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
The game comes with a code inside for some materia, has anyone got it to download? I think it might be locked until official release

yup mine will not work, just like when I got persona 5 royal early. Will probably unlock on the 10th.

strangely enough though my pre order DLC from EB worked and downloaded

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the delay email from Amazon. Meanwhile people in Australia can play right now. Seems fair....

I don't know if anyone from Square reads this but if you do the only way to make this situation right and save people from spoilers is release the game world wide digitally tomorrow. You'll get plenty of double dip sales like mine if you do.

JohnnyUtah

Jul 15, 2018
How are people finding it compared to the demo? Keen to get playing but need to knock out some study first!

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Oof, Amazon AU emailed saying it'll arrive on the 9th. Could cancel and get it from JB today...

That's fine though, I can wait.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The DLC isn't active on the store yet so it can't be redeemed until next week. Someone said they could get the chocobo DLC but that didn't come with my deluxe edition so I couldn't test.

How are people finding it compared to the demo? Keen to get playing but need to knock out some study first!
it's a lot of fun when you unlock more Materia and abilities. Also I like being able to fast run without the character getting tired after a few seconds (looking at you, Yakuza and Witcher 3)

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the delay email from Amazon. Meanwhile people in Australia can play right now. Seems fair....

I don't know if anyone from Square reads this but if you do the only way to make this situation right and save people from spoilers is release the game world wide digitally tomorrow. You'll get plenty of double dip sales like mine if you do.
Sorry dude, I don't think Sony or Square will do that. It will be always unfair to someone.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aussies have been getting screwed over by the video game industry in so many different ways for so long I'm happy y'all get to enjoy this moment.

But my heart is in tatters right now. Idk when I'm getting my deluxe edition and now I gotta tread oh so carefully for the next two weeks. Sigh. There's even a part of me that may double dip just to be able to play on release date which is honestly preposterous but I NEEEEEED IIIIIIT.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh unsure what to do, in the US, didn't preorder the physical yet...but it's definitely gonna get delayed if I do now...might go digital and just pick up a physical later down the line.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Aussies have been getting screwed over by the video game industry in so many different ways for so long I'm happy y'all get to enjoy this moment.
I know it's not the reality for 99.5% of Australians but after four months of our country burning, one month of intense flooding, and then all of COVID-19 in March (and ongoing), it's nice to get a little treat in FFVIIR.

I do wish this was worldwide though. I've lived through waiting for games that are out in other regions and it's painful.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017

You should check the Australian release dates for many of the other major titles.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"make this situation right"

Yeesh.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I walked into Big W on a whim and picked it up with no problems whatsoever.

That said I wonder what the inevitable day 1 patch will change - I've already noticed some graphical glitches like the doors in the apartment complex not loading correctly. I'm running it on PS4 Pro with a 1tb SSD installed.

So far my impressions are pretty good - I'm not sold on the combat especially in the introductory chapter where you're all boxed in - but I'll reserve my judgment.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I know it's a special situation but I'm kind of bummed waiting here for one week and two days more, while it seems like so many people have already got theirs.

Hopefully SE would release it early digitally.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a special situation but I'm kind of bummed waiting here for one week and two days more, while it seems like so many people have already got theirs.

Hopefully SE would release it early digitally.

I'm in my 30's and it was not unlikely for PAL releases of games already out in the US to take months to get over here. FFVII for instance originally came out in September in the US and November in PAL territories.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at JB's delivery thing and it's saying on or before the 20th of April? Seems like a long time are their deliveries getting smashed?

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Oh man going to have to avoid the Internet for the next 10 days to dodge spoilers unless Sony release it on PSN. This is litteraly the only damn game I have ever preordered on PSN too as have never seen the point in it but Preordered it the other day when I bought Doom Eternal.
Still tempted to just order a physical one from Shopto if they are shipping now too.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
GOT IT!
Cannot believe this
Feel like I'm in a dream

Gutted I will play it without the day 1 patch...but can always replay it then

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Someone in Australia with a fast internet connection add me as a friend and turn on Share Play so I can play your game please lol

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This really is strange. I'm pre-ordered with TGC in the UK and based on what I'm reading here, I'm genuinely expecting it anytime between tomorrow and April 15th lol

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'm in my 30's and it was not unlikely for PAL releases of games already out in the US to take months to get over here. FFVII for instance originally came out in September in the US and November in PAL territories.

For sure, I remember the times too. But when I was 7 year old and FF7 was released I didn't have years of hype behind me haha.