• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've bought Digital games but its annoying as fuck with how it is...

1 You dont really OWN IT!
2 You can never get it early!
3 ITS ALWAYS FULL PRICE <- ( this one has never made sense to me.. why digital is more than physical 90% of the time at launch
4 you cant never trade it in later.

Digital always looses.. :/
Don't forget how garabage Sony are when it comes to refunds etc. on Playstation aswell.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought Digital games but its annoying as fuck with how it is...

1 You dont really OWN IT!
2 You can never get it early!
3 ITS ALWAYS FULL PRICE <- ( this one has never made sense to me.. why digital is more than physical 90% of the time at launch
4 you cant never trade it in later.

Digital always looses.. :/

Only point I disagree with is 3. as PSN is not subject to sales tax in my region so I actually save around $10 over getting a physical copy. That's one of my main motivations in getting digital games these days.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The worst part is knowing when I get my physical copy on the 10th it won't matter because I'll still have to install, then download whatever extra data before I can play. At least digital can preload @_@

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've always planned to buy this digitally, but it's not like I've put any cash into it; there's no reason to pre-order digital versions of a game.

If I can grab a physical copy in America early (without risking my health), I will, otherwise, I'll just buy digital on the day it releases.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I realised: April 10th is a public holiday (Good Friday) as is the Monday after (Easter Monday) so people who are getting it delivered, like me, will get it on Tuesday the 14th not Friday the 10th!

That's not even accounting for delays in shipping due to the health problems.

There was a game last year that released on a public holiday (one where shops were open but Aus Post weren't delivering), and I asked on Amazon's support and they said that it would be given to an appropriate courier and they guarantee that it would arrive on time. So I thought that a private company would deliver it on the day. But then after it was paid for and sent out, the delivery date changed to the next week. I expect a lot of people will be disappointed.

Last edited:

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious, there is no day 1 update. I wonder if it's because obviously we are early or if there will not be one.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
If this comes out in the US physically I'm going to go grab a copy from the store. I was intending to not leave the house for the next 3 weeks and grab this game digitally, but NGL getting it 9 days early would be worth the very slight risk of doing curbside pickup.

SE should really just release it early digitally as well at this point tbh.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Alrighty, purchased. Now I just need to rock up to a store in an hour when it opens and hope I don't catch the potentially deadly virus going around.

SE, please don't be the death of me!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
then you can think about WHY THE FUCK is digital even the same price to begin with...
Logically it shouldn't be, you're correct. However, the increased margins on the digital copies of games are probably the only thing preventing an industry wide raise to $70 for AAA titles, which frankly, should happen anyway. We're *way* behind the inflation curve on that one.

However, I'm also aware that that raise (whenever it occurs) will probably not affect digital vs. physical price matching, so...yeah.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So serious question how hard is it for a game company to release a digital game early than the release date ?
will the number one reason they wouldnt is they want to sale as much of those physical copies....they probably printed over 4-6 million if they released it in the USA right now on digital no one would even bother to wait or get the physical version.. and PSN SERVERS would MELT lol
Logically it shouldn't be, you're correct. However, the increased margins on the digital copies of games are probably the only thing preventing an industry wide raise to $70 for AAA titles, which frankly, should happen anyway. We're *way* behind the inflation curve on that one.

However, I'm also aware that raise (whenever it occurs) will probably not affect digital vs. physical price matching, so...yeah.
yeah tbh i wouldn't be surprised with the insane graphic fidelity next gen games will have they wont get to that 70$ each.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lucky guys.

Meanwhile my Amazon pre-order is back to saying "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again".

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy it Aussie fam! It's been a shit year, have some fun posting up at the end of the world with an apocalypse-worthy game.

But SQEX, plz. Just release it now digitally. What even is the point of waiting.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
My Amazon status changed from having the original release date and estimated time of delivery to "Pre-Ordered"

" Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again"

Eh its new for me but I haven't been charged or anything so probably doesn't mean much.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
The Amazon release date just changed from the 10th to the 7th.
Did it tho?

v9KnfAA.png

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is annoying, I'm worried about spoilers. And normally I could just stay off the internet for days but now with being in stay in place, that's mostly what I do. And this is over a week away for the release here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
My Amazon status changed from having the original release date and estimated time of delivery to "Pre-Ordered"

" Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again"

Eh its new for me but I haven't been charged or anything so probably doesn't mean much.
It means Amazon no longer believes they can get you Release Day Delivery. This happens when they run out of stock.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile in the UK, pre-orders are being processed on some sites and it's very likely they'll start shipping copies tomorrow.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Oh, my mother is telling me that if I caught outside without a good reason I'll be fined now.
I don't know If I should still go to the store now.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
Don't give a hoot about this game, but I'm feeling for all my fellow Kiwis out there who as of right now, have no way of getting their hands on this or RE3R because of the lockdown in effect here. Kia kaha my brothers and sisters.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, my mother is telling me that if I caught outside without a good reason I'll be fined now.
I don't know If I should still go to the store now.
You get fined if you don't have a reasonable excuse. Goods and services is excluded from being fined. A game is fine, especially since the PM bragged about his wife shopping for jigsaw puzzles