• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone even remember what the DLC codes are for? Honestly, my only memory at this point is "bangels."

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I passive aggressively posted a picture that circled and pointed arrows at all the info they needed. It's really dumb.

Yeah in my complaint I said all the things were there that were listed. All they've done is just said the same thing.

I guess I'll try taking another picture of the receipt on its own as a new submission. This is really really dumb.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
So I just submitted a receipt with 2 Crunch bars. My priority is the Tifa theme.

When I submit more, do they know to send me the other codes? Or do they send you dupes?

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
So I just submitted a receipt with 2 Crunch bars. My priority is the Tifa theme.

When I submit more, do they know to send me the other codes? Or do they send you dupes?
Based on the rules, you don't get dupes. They know what codes you already have (email address) and only send you the next one(s) you're owed.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone not received their follow up email after 3-5 days? I got the Tifa theme one but havent gotten the other yet

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so do the bars purchased have to reference the promo?
if I'm just after the tifa theme and i buy 2 crunch bars & send a pic of my receipt, what are the chances i get my code with no hassle?

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I passive aggressively posted a picture that circled and pointed arrows at all the info they needed. It's really dumb.
I did the same thing after my receipt got rejected the first time and it still got rejected the second time.

Stupid way to run a promotion, it would have been better if we scan barcodes with an app or if it were a code included on the inside of the wrapper.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I did exactly this. Highlighted the store information, date and time, and each purchase, and the number of items sold. After being rejected four fucking times, it was finally accepted. This promotion is the dumbest thing I've seen.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I got rejected even tho I did everything right. Gonna resubmit. Who are these clowns reviewing the receipts.

entheo

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Tifa Theme code on Monday, still waiting on my DLC code email. I really don't understand why it takes so long for them to process.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I got my Tifa Theme code on Monday, still waiting on my DLC code email. I really don't understand why it takes so long for them to process.
Probably hundreds of thousands of receipt submissions being manually handled by a small team of likely underpaid people whose management did not have the common sense or foresight to see this coming.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
they probably should have just let people send in UPCs like the good old cereal box days

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
mofo rejected me instantly the second time i resubmitted. Do I need to wait a full 24 hours before I resubmit after a rejection?

Edit: nm, site blocks you from resubmitting if you reached the limit.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 8 days since I got my blank Tifa code and that email still hasn't gotten a DLC email.
Good to hear that people are still getting all the DLCs though. Hopefully my 2nd email will get them some time over the weekend.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Okay as long as its not isolated. I imagine this promo probably was bigger than imagined. Given the games not even out yet its not a big deal but as launch day comes Ill probably begin reaching out.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the theme. I am not in the US though. I found some receipts I can buy on eBay for 10$ but reading this thread sounds like it might be difficult to receive it even if I do.

Snapcakes

Mar 8, 2020
I've been watching this thread since the promotion started but wasn't able to post because I was waiting for my account to be approved. I just wanted to share my experience because I was also in the "blank code" boat and it was crazy trying to get anything from this promotion. I'm from Canada, but I purchased the bars from the states at the correct time and date. Here's how it went down for me up until the point that I got a working code (times have been rounded off):

March 3rd, 1:30pm: Submitted receipt that shows that 2 butterfingers were purchased after 12PM on March 3rd (no UPC or size on the receipt, just the words Butterfinger listed twice).
March 3rd, 1:40pm: Received e-mail thanking me for registering for the promotion.
March 4th, 5:30pm: Received e-mail saying my receipt was approved and here's a dynamic theme while I wait for my other codes, except the box was blank and just said "Redemption Code:" and nothing else.
March 4th, 6:20pm: Submitted a ticket on their customer support page detailing the issue of the blank code and including a screenshot of the e-mail in order to prove it.
March 7th, 12:00pm: Received e-mail with the subject "About your DLC code" that said "WE'RE SORRY Unfortunately we are out of DLC codes". Other than the message, the e-mail looked exactly like the "approved" e-mail including the background with Cloud that says "Your DLC is here!" which is incredibly ironic. I had no idea if this was meant to be a response to the ticket I submitted, a response to the other piece of DLC I was supposed to get or if this was an error since I'd never heard anyone else talk about this particular type of e-mail.
March 9th, 3:00pm: Still no direct response from prizelogic/butterfinger about my blank code, still no idea what the heck the "We're out of codes" e-mail was supposed to be about and at this point I had no idea where to go with this because the only other way to contact them was by phone which people had said was a dead end.
March 10th, 12:00am: Read that the blank codes could be an IP blocking issue and that someone had luck re-submitting their receipt with VPN enabled, so I closed everything, deleted cookies, booted up Windscribe to connect to a US VPN and started the whole thing from step 1 with a new e-mail and cropped version of my original receipt photo.
March 10th, 2:40am: Received an approved e-mail, this time with a visible dynamic theme code.

This was using outlook, which my original submissions used, so if anyone has this issue it's not your e-mail. If you're getting a blank code and then submitting a ticket and getting a "We're out of codes!" reply, it's their way of telling you "We saw your receipt was submitted from a foreign IP address so you aren't getting anything". They still have codes, they're just turning ineligible people away in a very weird and dishonest fashion (which I'm sure everyone's figured out by now, but yeah). I also received my midgar bangle code today, which also has a visible code. I really hope this helps those of you that have been having these issues. Don't give up! I almost did and I'm glad that I gave it one last try at the end.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching this thread since the promotion started but wasn't able to post because I was waiting for my account to be approved. I just wanted to share my experience because I was also in the "blank code" boat and it was crazy trying to get anything from this promotion. I'm from Canada, but I purchased the bars from the states at the correct time and date. Here's how it went down for me up until the point that I got a working code (times have been rounded off):

March 3rd, 1:30pm: Submitted receipt that shows that 2 butterfingers were purchased after 12PM on March 3rd (no UPC or size on the receipt, just the words Butterfinger listed twice).
March 3rd, 1:40pm: Received e-mail thanking me for registering for the promotion.
March 4th, 5:30pm: Received e-mail saying my receipt was approved and here's a dynamic theme while I wait for my other codes, except the box was blank and just said "Redemption Code:" and nothing else.
March 4th, 6:20pm: Submitted a ticket on their customer support page detailing the issue of the blank code and including a screenshot of the e-mail in order to prove it.
March 7th, 12:00pm: Received e-mail with the subject "About your DLC code" that said "WE'RE SORRY Unfortunately we are out of DLC codes". Other than the message, the e-mail looked exactly like the "approved" e-mail including the background with Cloud that says "Your DLC is here!" which is incredibly ironic. I had no idea if this was meant to be a response to the ticket I submitted, a response to the other piece of DLC I was supposed to get or if this was an error since I'd never heard anyone else talk about this particular type of e-mail.
March 9th, 3:00pm: Still no direct response from prizelogic/butterfinger about my blank code, still no idea what the heck the "We're out of codes" e-mail was supposed to be about and at this point I had no idea where to go with this because the only other way to contact them was by phone which people had said was a dead end.
March 10th, 12:00am: Read that the blank codes could be an IP blocking issue and that someone had luck re-submitting their receipt with VPN enabled, so I closed everything, deleted cookies, booted up Windscribe to connect to a US VPN and started the whole thing from step 1 with a new e-mail and cropped version of my original receipt photo.
March 10th, 2:40am: Received an approved e-mail, this time with a visible dynamic theme code.

This was using outlook, which my original submissions used, so if anyone has this issue it's not your e-mail. If you're getting a blank code and then submitting a ticket and getting a "We're out of codes!" reply, it's their way of telling you "We saw your receipt was submitted from a foreign IP address so you aren't getting anything". They still have codes, they're just turning ineligible people away in a very weird and dishonest fashion (which I'm sure everyone's figured out by now, but yeah). I also received my midgar bangle code today, which also has a visible code. I really hope this helps those of you that have been having these issues. Don't give up! I almost did and I'm glad that I gave it one last try at the end.

Ooof that's a hell of a struggle. Pretty crazy.

Submitted another ticket. Time to wait and see.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018

To be fair, the rules clearly state you have to be in the US, so you don't have much ground to stand on by complaining about the process from outside of the US. But I'm glad you got it figured out.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I submitted a photograph of a digital receipt pulled up on my PC screen and got an acceptance notification perhaps an hour later. Very smooth.

Snapcakes

Mar 8, 2020
To be fair, the rules clearly state you have to be in the US, so you don't have much ground to stand on by complaining about the process from outside of the US. But I'm glad you got it figured out.
Honestly I wasn't really complaining, I knew from the get-go that something could go wrong because I live in Canada, I was just massively confused throughout the process because their replies didn't match up with what I was seeing from others online. The timeline was more just to show what my personal experience was like and maybe give those that received blank codes an idea on how to get proper ones, whether they deserve them or not if they're outside the US. I still had to do my due diligence and go across the border to get a legitimate receipt, so I was willing to give the whole process a fair shot before throwing in the towel. Thankfully it worked out in the end.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Honestly I wasn't really complaining, I knew from the get-go that something could go wrong because I live in Canada, I was just massively confused throughout the process because their replies didn't match up with what I was seeing from others online. The timeline was more just to show what my personal experience was like and maybe give those that received blank codes an idea on how to get proper ones, whether they deserve them or not if they're outside the US. I still had to do my due diligence and go across the border to get a legitimate receipt, so I was willing to give the whole process a fair shot before throwing in the towel. Thankfully it worked out in the end.
Ah yeah sorry reading it again I don't get that complaining vibe anymore, shouldn't have called you out like that. I think I've seen others doing it so I just assumed. Anyways all good.

Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully this means I'll get my codes soon, since we submiited our second emails on the same day. Had nothing at 6PM yesterday, and I can't check it again until Monday.
Never did get an "Out of Stock" email from my day 1 submission.

Problem is, everybody IN the US using a standard VPN also got this same treatment.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Ha, I've had a blank code the first time I sent my receipt, contacted support, they never got back to me so I gave up and bought the code from someone.

But today I decided to do as Snapcakes said just to see if it works

Turned on my VPN, created a new email adress with the VPN enabled, cropped the same receipt I used the first time, re sent it using the new email adress, they sent me a Tifa theme code 3 hours later.

I guess I should've waited a little before buying it lol

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
So I got my Tifa code but the stuff I was more interested in, the dlc codes, have yet to be sent to me. I sent the picture of the receipt like a week ago (or maybe 6 days) and I think Tuesday is when I got my acceptance of the receipt.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Submitted for the third time and I even included two crunch bars in the shot. STILL REJECTED.

could someone who got it successfully simply tell me what you did...

Snapcakes

Mar 8, 2020
Submitted for the third time and I even included two crunch bars in the shot. STILL REJECTED.

could someone who got it successfully simply tell me what you did...
The only thing I can think of is making sure that the store information, candy bars, time, date and price are all clearly visible on the receipt and that the photo is taken on as plain a background as possible. Try cropping the photo so that only the receipt is visible just to be safe. Make sure the photo's not too big (Mine was almost 4k resolution when I took it so I resized it to 1000 height) and save it as PNG. When you upload it, make sure the preview isn't rotated (mine were and I had to edit them back to the correct orientation). If you follow all those steps and still get rejected then I honestly have no idea what could be wrong.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can think of is making sure that the store information, candy bars, time, date and price are all clearly visible on the receipt and that the photo is taken on as plain a background as possible. Try cropping the photo so that only the receipt is visible just to be safe. Make sure the photo's not too big (Mine was almost 4k resolution when I took it so I resized it to 1000 height) and save it as PNG. When you upload it, make sure the preview isn't rotated (mine were and I had to edit them back to the correct orientation). If you follow all those steps and still get rejected then I honestly have no idea what could be wrong.

Yea, all the parameters for my submissions were fine. The only new thing I did this time was to crop the pic so it's just the receipt even tho i took it on a plain black surface on top of my laptop.

I might just buy the code if this gets rejected again. I just want the Tifa theme and be done with this.

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB
Canadian here. I was able to get it to work after being sent a blank code by following the steps Snapcakes stated. Rocking the theme as we speak. Figured I'd let people know there IS a way.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kinda disappointed that the Kroger sale ended, I need to get another batch soon to get my sister a set of the codes