• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TurboHoodie

Oct 27, 2017
So are they out of codes or what? I was gonna head to a Walgreens and pick up a veritable bounty of candy for this but if there's no more codes then I'll just...aw shucks, I'll probably buy the candy anyway.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
So are they out of codes or what? I was gonna head to a Walgreens and pick up a veritable bounty of candy for this but if there's no more codes then I'll just...aw shucks, I'll probably buy the candy anyway.

I got my code after it was posted here that they said they ran out. I got my code only a few hours after I submitted too.

Good look to all ya'll who got empty code boxes!

Oct 25, 2017

No. People who entered with a non US IP are getting blank Tifa Theme codes and "Out of Stock" DLC emails instead of just being rejected.
As far as I know, nobody who's actually gotten codes has reported any being out of stock yet.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
ugh, i'm so irritated by this contest.

on my lunchbreak I figured I'd stop by the convenience store to get 2 butterfingers. All they had was king sized....*sigh* I don't need that much, but it's all they had, so I got 2 of them. I'll save one for later in my desk drawer, next week maybe.

I get to my car and realize they didn't give me a receipt ( I forgot to ask for one in the moment). So now I have 2 king sized candy bars I don't even want, and no receipt to show for it.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I got the Tifa theme code from my first reciept with 2. I then submitted a reciept with 8 and the next confirmation said I already hit my limit of 5 DLC codes. What is even going on with this promo.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Tifa theme code from my first reciept with 2. I then submitted a reciept with 8 and the next confirmation said I already hit my limit of 5 DLC codes. What is even going on with this promo.

I think this message means you've reached tier 5 by submitting 10 bars. If it says something about 'maximum' something-or-other, than you should be ok.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
0ARQzXH.jpg

Hope Sephiroth's parents got him that candy for his birthday. Lad needs that DLC.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
I assume the codes are region locked, but has anyone tried to enter a code for the Tifa theme on a PSN account outside North America?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
They've got 24 more hours, and then 10 of these gross candy bars are going back to the store. I'm done playing.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Tifa code but accidentally moved that email to my trash folder. I rescued it, but hypothetically speaking, what would have been the chances of getting them to resend that code.

Like sending a damn message in a bottle.

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Tifa theme up and running.
Hopefully I get all 5 codes still.
Meanwhile, my first email address that I used on day 1 STILL hasn't gotten any DLC email, "out of stock" or otherwise. Nor has it gotten any responses from support.
Been 6 days since they gave me a blank Tifa code.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
After the blank Tifa theme code, here's what I get:

V7jlquz.png

Thankfully I don't care about DLC, I just wanted the theme, which I ended up buying from someone because I knew they were never going to fix my issue, and I was right, I still haven't heard from them, it's been 5 days since I contacted support lmao

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm kinda confused. I thought you had to buy specially marked ones in order to get the codes? I work at a grocery store and for two weeks I was looking for them but no dice, then I learn here that anything can do?!?! and running out of codes before launch day? Really? Anyone know if they'll restock, or...? I really wanted that theme and would love a reason to binge on Crunch bars (my favorite candy)

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda confused. I thought you had to buy specially marked ones in order to get the codes? I work at a grocery store and for two weeks I was looking for them but no dice, then I learn here that anything can do?!?! and running out of codes before launch day? Really? Anyone know if they'll restock, or...? I really wanted that theme and would love a reason to binge on Crunch bars (my favorite candy)

I think the people getting out of code errors are people who have IPs that aren't associated to the US.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the theme code 4 hours after sending the receipt (with chocolate visible) picture.
I bought the 1.9oz Butterfinger from Target for 99 cents each.

Oct 25, 2017
ok, now there's no rhyme or reason on the approval. Yours was quick, some folks are still waiting :|

Seems most people who submitted in the last couple days have been getting theme codes in just several hours.
It was taking 2 days or so near the start.
It's the second email with the DLC that's taking forever. Seems most people haven't gotten it yet.

TurboHoodie

Oct 27, 2017
I submitted four candy bars with a Walgreens receipt where the name of the item and UPC was in clear view and...got rejected? So odd. I asked support to clarify WHY it was rejected but at this point I might just go on eBay and see if folks are selling codes.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I submitted four candy bars with a Walgreens receipt where the name of the item and UPC was in clear view and...got rejected? So odd. I asked support to clarify WHY it was rejected but at this point I might just go on eBay and see if folks are selling codes.
Contacting customer support is useless. They're going to send you a canned response that won't tell you anything other than you need to meet the criteria in the rules.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I may have figured out a potential solution.

I kept submitting to potentially get a code for a friend of mine. I turned the camera and took it horizontally instead of vertically.

Voila, had a code a few hours later after a week of bashing my head against a wall. That was the only thing different. Worth a try.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hit the 5 day mark after getting the theme and no dlc codes. Now I'm seeing them send people e-mails about running out of codes which makes me think they ran out of codes by like the second day of the promotion if I get nothing today. They're probably happy with the boost in candy sales lol. ~400k+ bars boost in a few days for something as disgusting as butterfingers and the new baby ruth.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
I did a second code on another email address and got my 2nd Tifa code in like 12 hours. It's so strange that this is hit or miss like it seems.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
For those who already got the Tifa codes, who has also gotten their DLC codes and who hasn't?

Also, when did you submit?

AledyNash

Oct 25, 2017
For those who already got the Tifa codes, who has also gotten their DLC codes and who hasn't?

Also, when did you submit?

Submitted at 9:10am 10 babyruths on the day it started. March 3
Got the code for the theme on the same day.
Got all 5 dlc code the next day at March 4

I have no issues with the promotion.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I submitted Mon Mar 9 in the evening. 10 candy bars.
I got the Tifa code maybe three hours later with the message that I have hit all the tiers and await the next email.
Still no DLC codes.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Still haven't received my DLC codes. Submitted the receipt the day that the promotion began. I do have my Tifa theme tho.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
I got my theme code!

So I live in Canada, which is probably why I got a blank code when I submit my receipt the first time.
Last night I used a free VPN and set my IP location to the USA.
I also used Gmail this time, because I had heard there might be issues with outlook not displaying the codes.

So for anyone that recieved blank codes, I recommend using Gmail to register and a VPN to display your location as USA when submitting your receipt.
At the very least that worked for me.

Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone that recieved blank codes, I recommend using Gmail to register and a VPN to display your location as USA when submitting your receipt.
At the very least that worked for me.

Outlook's fine.
I got a blank code in my gmail cause my VPN said Canada when I registered.
Tried again in Outlook with the VPN off and got my code just fine.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a response and it just, did not say anything. Said the info needs to be clearly visible.... but it was.