• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Can people that got accepted tickets please post where they bought the candy and how they took the photo please. (Horizontal, vertical, with or without the bars included)

It would be appreciated
From reading this thread, there is no consistency in what gets accepted and what gets rejected. You can find combination of factors that result in either outcome.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
With all this hassle, codes should have just been placed inside the wrapper.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
With all this hassle, codes should have just been placed inside the wrapper.
specially marked wrappers are way more expensive for them to do. i also think it would have been a better consumer experience though.

i spent $5 on 10 crunch bars, my receipt was approved and i got the theme but still waiting on DLC codes. i've got a friend that bought 10 crunch bars at CVS and his receipt was auto rejected even though it had the date on there and i thought was a better photo than my receipt.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
Can people that got accepted tickets please post where they bought the candy and how they took the photo please. (Horizontal, vertical, with or without the bars included)

It would be appreciated

Dollar Tree
Horizontal
Pictured with all 10 candy bars
No barcodes, no UPC on receipt from Dollar Tree

1 Butterfinger​
1 Butterfinger​
1 Butterfinger​
1 Butterfinger​
1 Butterfinger​
1 Baby Ruth​
1 Baby Ruth​
1 Baby Ruth​
1 Baby Ruth​
1 Baby Ruth​

My God friends, what have we been reduced to?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I've had it.

If anyone wants to give up a code for the theme, there's a $10 PSN card with your name on it. And my eternal gratitude.

Edit: Done

Last edited:

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
So o realized my first try didnt have the date, but I did put the candy. Still haven't heard back and I've already split the candy with my sister. Getting anxious

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I got a blank Tifa code 5 days ago and still haven't gotten a DLC email or a response to my ticket.
I've also seen a few other reports of people who got blank codes later receiving "Out of Stock" DLC emails.

Best I can figure is we all maybe had VPNs saying we're not in the US when we submitted our email address.
Unless they're genuinely out of codes now. I submitted my receipt day 1, so that's some bullshit.

Nov 8, 2017
Just got my codes. Hopefully those that got black codes get theirs too. That seems kinda crazy they would send out blank code emails.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If they don't send out those codes by Thursday (5 business days after receiving confirmation), I'm taking their garbage candy back to the store and getting a refund. Fuck it. There is no reason for them to drag this out.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a dumb ass promotion. I don't know how it works but there really is no rhyme or reason to what gets accepted or rejected. Because contacting support is useless since they don't actually support you and just send you a canned response, I snapped a new picture today and sent it in and that got accepted already.

The first time it took days and now this time it took just hours? Same receipt. So who knows what it is. The difference this time is instead of taking a picture in portrait mode, I did landscape, and I had the candy in the picture with barcodes showing too. Doing those things don't necessarily guarantee you'll get it as others in this thread have pointed out they got rejected for the same info. I have no idea how the same receipt gets rejected once, then accepted the second time.

Man, we should flood someone's Twitter with how awful this is being run. Maybe the negative publicity will make them think twice next time.

Oct 25, 2017
Just resubmitted a different picture of my receipt from a different email.
This time making sure my VPN was off.
Of course, it'll probably get rejected cause it'll be recognized as a receipt that "already got codes" lol.
It's pretty clear I'm never getting my codes anyway though.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, my receipt keeps getting rejected for who the fuck knows what reason. I don't even like the new butterfingers so I just ended up throwing them away.

Love when companies making getting there promotional dlc as stupid as possible!

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB
Just received an email with a blank code for the Tifa Theme. Kinda bummed. Sent a support ticket, so we will see what happens there. May have to do with me being outside the US (was given a receipt from a very kind individual) like others have been saying but if that was the case you would think it would just be a flat out rejection. We'll see how this goes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Was it ever confirmed whether the items are actually obtainable during normal gameplay as well?
I haven't heard one way or another if the dlc are obtainable during normal gameplay.
we also don't know if they will be up as $1.99 DLC when the game launches either or if they are timed exclusives.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This is a silly ass promotion.

I bought the nasty ass Butterfinger bars from Target, took the picture, sent it in at 1 AM and had my Tifa theme at 4 AM.

I don't understand what the parameters are for accepting or denying. I can't be arsed to participate with the rest. I'm giving this candy away and moving forward with my theme.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
If your photo was taken in vertical portrait mode, then yes, I believe it'll end up sideways. Best to take the shot in horizontal/landscape.

Tyvm! This was spot on! I took the picture in landscape mode and uploaded yesterday and today I got the accepted email with my theme code and should get the rest in 3-5 days.

Edit: If it hasn't been mentioned already, you can't submit the same picture again if it gets rejected. You need to take a new picture and upload that. Customer service informed me of that after I tried to rotate my original picture and then send it in again.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If you got a blank code due to having a VPN turned on, but live in the US, try submitting a different picture of the same receipt under a different email, with no VPN.
I just got my Tifa code 6 hours after trying that last night.

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't heard one way or another if the dlc are obtainable during normal gameplay.
we also don't know if they will be up as $1.99 DLC when the game launches either or if they are timed exclusives.

Thanks for the info. I always hate that feeling of missing out on something within the game, even if it is something as dumb as a bangle lol.