• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The Tifa theme is great. Dat music.

And the fact that she stays in front of the icons on the main crossbar. First time I've seen a theme do that.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
Just got rejected again. I'm done with this stupid fucking promotion. I would be more upset if I didn't get the game already for free through work

Apr 19, 2018
I sent my receipt in, horizontal/landscape mode,
Just got my Tifa theme. The email also says that I'll be receiving the other codes in 3-5 days.

For posterity, here's an example of an receipt photo that they accepted (aside from censored-out details):

Jvsa3iM.jpg

I uploaded my Target receipt Saturday afternoon, looking like Lump's shot above, sans the candy bars. Close-up shot of the receipt, horizontal/landscape mode to avoid it looking sideways. Got my confirmation and theme code the next day Sunday evening. The code showed up fine on my Outlook page.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Tifa theme is great. Dat music.

And the fact that she stays in front of the icons on the main crossbar. First time I've seen a theme do that.

Only downside is the upper half of her body looks like it's severed off once you scroll down through social achievements.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
They FINALLY got back to me. 2nd Receipt was approved. Got the Tifa DLC code and all of the others as well. I am finally set.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Got rejected. Showed both bars in the receipt. Portrait mode. Everything is clearly visible.

Where did you buy them from?
I've been reading a lot being rejected from target but contacting them helps reverse that rejection.

I just hope mine gets accepted since I purchased them from a Vons and it doesnt show the bar size.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Got accepted.

I took a pic of all 10 candy bars flanking the receipt where the receipt showed the quantity purchased as well as the UPC. Got email for Tifa theme :)

For reference, this is the pic I took and probably how y'all should try to submit. Be sure to get an itemized receipt from your merchant.

Kroz

Jul 4, 2019
Really wanted the Tifa theme but it appears this promo is not available in Canada. >_>

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
If some nice person had a PSN code for the Tifa's Theme to make happy an European guy who cannot have this promotion

I'll be very grateful !

Last edited:

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
My resubmission got approved! And the theme code is actually in the box!! With my luck, I thought it wasn't going to be there. Well, it all worked out for me.

For those still fighting the fight, resubmit your same receipt, but try a different picture. That's what I did. My first pic was rejected on Saturday and it's a great pic. My second pic got approved today and it's just a zoomed in shot of the same receipt. I'll post the pics here, just going to resize them. I'll also add that both pics ended up sideways when I submitted them, for whatever that's worth.

Rejected:
v5wBDgKl.jpg

Approved:
MEivvxPl.jpg

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
I got my theme code yesterday with 2 Crunch bars, bought 4 more pairs bc they go great with yogurt when you crush em and mix em in, then get an email that I already reached the maximum code allotment.

Welp. ':3

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn new receipt worked!

Got my theme and it's so damn pretty. Cool that Tifa appears over the game icons. Sorry Colors Flying High but I think I'm sticking with this one for a while.

Says I'll be getting my other codes in a few days so glad this finally worked out.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
How long has it been taking for you guys to get your DLC codes? (the bracelets, not the theme)

Tomorrow at 7am will make one full week since I submitted my receipt. lol

Got my Tifa theme no problem in two days, they really seem to be lagging on the DLC items.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had success with Dollar Tree receipts? I just uploaded my receipt. The candy bars were $1 each, so I paid $10 even (plus tax).

CosmicFrame

Dec 8, 2018
Wow. I submitted one picture: rejected. Took another picture: rejected. Took a third picture: accepted. No discernible difference between them. Makes no sense.

Feb 27, 2018
My first receipt was rejected. Sent in again from a different email address, but this time took a picture showing the receipt flanked by 10 Baby Ruths. Got the confirmation/Tifa theme email a couple of hours later, just waiting on the email containing the actual DLC codes now.

This does not seem like a very well-run promotion.

Also, turns out Baby Ruths are fuckin' TERRIBLE, good lord.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried every single day since the promo started, including buying two more candy bars from a completely different store, and then using my fiancee's phone in case my camera was somehow acting up: rejected. every. single time. no matter the lighting condition, no matter if I use data or wifi, every. time.

This promo is wack as hell and I spent 5 bucks on candy I don't like.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm Dollar Tree receipts work.

I got my "You're All Set" email with the code for the theme. Waiting 3-5 days for the rest of the codes. But yeah, this promotion is crazy. I guess it's cool they're employing human beings to look at pictures of receipts. Still bizarre to me though.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
So I signed up and I received an e-mail but I can't see the promo code for the theme? It's just blank where I assume the code should be.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, people cleared out the candy aisle at my local Target, but I was able to get ten Butterfinger bars in one of the check out counters.

It got approved, so I got the theme, and hopefully I'll get my DLC in a few days.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone still willing to go the extra mile for the last poor european, I'll paypal you the cost for the theme :'(

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Submitted again with a new photo two hours ago and it's already rejected.

I put in a support ticket because holy shit this is busted.

Edit: I checked my email and counted the rejections. This makes 7.

Godai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rejected again and no response to my blank Tifa code ticket. So I guess I'm not getting the theme or any of the DLC, this sucks.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Don't bother contacting customer service. Their response is a bullshit canned response. This is what I sent originally:

I just got an e-mail that my submission was rejected. I cannot figure out what the cause for rejection is. I bought 8 Nestle Crunch bars and 2 Butterfingers from Safeway on March 4, 2020 at 4:40pm. I verified the barcodes were correct before purchasing, but Safeway doesn't list barcodes on their receipt. The picture of the receipt is clear so I don't see how taking another picture of it is going to change anything. Can you explain why my submission was rejected? I've attached it here again and the e-mail address is the same one that I used to register for this promo. Can you explain what is wrong with my submission?

and this is what they replied with:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To qualify for this promotion, your receipt must clearly show a participating product purchase made between 12PM Eastern Time on 3/3/2020 and 11:59PM ET on 5/14/2020. All receipts that are illegible, digital, reprinted, altered in any way, showing a purchase made outside of the qualifying times/dates or have failed to meet the product purchase requirement will be rejected.

You may upload one receipt per day, between 12:00AM ET and 11:59PM ET. More information regarding receipt upload requirements may be found in the Terms and Conditions here: https://butterfingerff7r.com/en-us/Rules

Updates regarding your receipt approval status will be sent to you from [email protected]

Please note that you may resubmit a rejected receipt to be reviewed a second time; however, you MUST take a new picture of your receipt. If you upload the same image a second time it will be rejected automatically.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this promotion! Please let us know should you have any questions.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

They didn't even bother responding with more information or to tell me what was wrong when I was already trying to tell them I met the criteria in their rules.

Last edited:

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting "An Unspecified Error Occurred" when trying to upload my picture. The upload box turns red. Tried this on Chrome and Firefox. Anyone run into this?

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Don't bother contacting customer service. They're response is a bullshit canned response.

They didn't even bother responding with more information or to tell me what was wrong when I was already trying to tell them I met the criteria in their rules.

I received the same thing this morning from CS. I emailed them last THURSDAY.

I'm returning the candy I bought from Walmart and trying Target; hopefully they have itemized lines and descriptions.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Can people that got accepted tickets please post where they bought the candy and how they took the photo please. (Horizontal, vertical, with or without the bars included)

It would be appreciated

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Can people that got accepted tickets please post where they bought the candy and how they took the photo please. (Horizontal, vertical, with or without the bars included)

It would be appreciated

All over the place, local chains, Targets, Walmarts, with bars in the photo, and without, and Horizontal and Vertical have been accepted. Just make sure it's a clear picture and nothing is obstructed, make sure it shows date and time it was purchased, this is super important.