• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Got confirmation from the support staff. Definitely seems like a small team who got bodied by the sheer volume of receipts.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Got confirmation from the support staff. Definitely seems like a small team who got bodied by the sheer volume of receipts.
I am sure they don't care that a small team has to deal with this, but this was completely expected that tons of people would be doing this.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finally got my theme code well over 30 hours later. They said they would send the rest of the codes in 2-5 days.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Got mine at a gas station convenience store.

I sent my receipt in ~28 hours ago, no response yet, just put in a support ticket just to be safe.

I received the email approving my receipt with the theme code about 30 minutes after putting in the support ticket. Not sure if that actually helped or it was just good timing, but it can't hurt to contact them if you're still waiting.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I think it would've helped to have an auto-email after receipt submission that says "thanks for submitting your receipt, we're currently reviewing and will email back within 3-5 business days if your entry has been approved." Would've helped reduce support tickets a bit I imagine.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Welp officially at one whole day of waiting. Really hope to get it tomorrow.

Any combination of those three yes.
Cool so the receipt i submitted for Crunch bars should work fine then.
In theory.
giphy.gif

In theory.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I think it would've helped to have an auto-email after receipt submission that says "thanks for submitting your receipt, we're currently reviewing and will email back within 3-5 business days if your entry has been approved." Would've helped reduce support tickets a bit I imagine.

You get a message like that when you submit it via their website but I guess not via email or text?

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I sure didn't get an email about submitting my receipt from the website (this was about 24 hours ago) just for creating my account for the promotion.
Correct. While the website does initially tell you they've received the receipt, I've had instances in the past where a website will say something but the action didn't actually complete, so not having an email confirmation really makes it a shot in the dark as to whether things are actually "processing," if that makes sense.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. While the website does initially tell you they've received the receipt, I've had instances in the past where a website will say something but the action didn't actually complete, so not having an email confirmation really makes it a shot in the dark as to whether things are actually "processing," if that makes sense.
Yeah the site said they got it fine, so I will just trust it for now. if I don't have an email by the time I get off work tomorrow for the theme I will shoot customer support an email I suppose.

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, has anyone got a rejection e-mail?
Yeah, see my post on Page 12:
www.resetera.com

FF7R Butterfinger promo starts March 3rd - Buy up to ~16 dollars of candy bars to unlock DLC.

A co-worker told me about this promotion and we went to the store on our lunch break yesterday and each bought 10 candy bars. Both from different cash registers, less than a minute apart. 25 hours after submission we both got responses. His was accepted, mine was rejected. He submitted his...

I'm still arguing with customer support. My first reply from them was a canned response saying the receipt has to be dated during the promotion and proof of product purchase clearly visible. My photo was excellent quality, entire receipt, dated 9 minutes after the contest started and UPC's visible. They told me I could submit a new photo of the same receipt. I replied back telling them my original photo met all of their requirements haven't heard back. (Nor have I gotten a second rejection for the re-upload of the exact same photo from day 1 in lower resolution)

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
butterfingers are not as good as i remembered

They changed them recently, so it's not the same recipe anymore.

www.resetera.com

FF7R Butterfinger promo starts March 3rd - Buy up to ~16 dollars of candy bars to unlock DLC.

A co-worker told me about this promotion and we went to the store on our lunch break yesterday and each bought 10 candy bars. Both from different cash registers, less than a minute apart. 25 hours after submission we both got responses. His was accepted, mine was rejected. He submitted his...

I'm still arguing with customer support. My first reply from them was a canned response saying the receipt has to be dated during the promotion and proof of product purchase clearly visible. My photo was excellent quality, entire receipt, dated 9 minutes after the contest started and UPC's visible. They told me I could submit a new photo of the same receipt. I replied back telling them my original photo met all of their requirements haven't heard back. (Nor have I gotten a second rejection for the re-upload of the exact same photo from day 1 in lower resolution)

Wow that sucks, but at least it's known that they will inform you if you get rejected.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

My first reply was a canned response saying the same thing. My candy was purchased after the promotion started. I ended up buying candy, submitting the receipt and returning the candy.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get like... why am I supposed to be tempted to buy $16 of candy to unlock accessories that will most likely be useless within the first 2-3 hours of the game?

Oct 25, 2017
Almost exactly 48 hours after submitting my receipt, I finally got the approval email.
Says I earned the maximum amount of DLC and I'll get the codes in 3-5 days.
The Tifa theme code is supposed to be in this email too, but it's fucking blank.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Is there anyone who actually thinks that the new recipe is an improvement? I don't think it's horrible but the old one was definitely better.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Alright, you bastards roped me into buying 10 goddamn Crunch bars because I want all the DLC to play around with in game, and there is a sliver of me that thinks it may not be available to purchase after release. The worst thing is, I'm on a serious diet, so I'm giving away the candy or else I know I'll binge eat all the bars is one weekend.

Also, I don't want the theme at all, so if anyone is interested in covering my costs from this ridiculous escapade ($10 OBO), PM me and the DLC code for the theme is all yours.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, finally got my receipt accepted! Took nearly two full days. And gosh, the theme really is lovely. The music makes me so nostalgic jfkl;as ;v;

For the record and for those who might be curious, my receipt had been folded over since it was super long, I included the bars within the photo, and the items on the receipt were just listed as 'QT 2 Crunch Single.'
I was worried I'd get rejected since I did fold the receipt, but I guess it was all clear enough that it worked out!

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
Whoo, finally got my receipt accepted! Took nearly two full days. And gosh, the theme really is lovely. The music makes me so nostalgic jfkl;as ;v;

For the record and for those who might be curious, my receipt had been folded over since it was super long, I included the bars within the photo, and the items on the receipt were just listed as 'QT 2 Crunch Single.'
I was worried I'd get rejected since I did fold the receipt, but I guess it was all clear enough that it worked out!
Good to know as mines listed as Crunch Single as well so that gives me hope as all i want is the theme (double post oops)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
My first submission didn't include the timestamp, so I took another picture with it and submitted it. Hopefully that doesn't cause any issues. It's the same receipt, but different photos. I'm just assuming the first one will get rejected and the second will be accepted. Surely they wouldn't pull a "First was rejected for not having the time, second was rejected cause it was the same receipt as the first one." cause that'd be some bullshit.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got it after 48 hours. I think because of the support ticket.

Also, I'm in Canada, the code works on the Canadian store, had a colleague in the U.S. buy the chocolates for me.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Is there anyone who actually thinks that the new recipe is an improvement? I don't think it's horrible but the old one was definitely better.

I sure do. Butterfinger has been my favorite candy bar since I was a kid. Admittedly I only eat maybe one a year, but I was surprised how good the new recipe is.

The old recipe was basically sugar and peanut butter, then chocolate that may as well have been sugar and chocolate wax. In the new recipe you taste roasted peanuts, giving it more depth, and the chocolate actually takes like chocolate. I didn't think they could elevate cheap candy bar, but they did. I'm not saying the new recipe is high art it's just better than the previous one.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Almost exactly 48 hours after submitting my receipt, I finally got the approval email.
Says I earned the maximum amount of DLC and I'll get the codes in 3-5 days.
The Tifa theme code is supposed to be in this email too, but it's fucking blank.
So I'm not the only one then.

What the hell.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So even though the site only says buy two for a theme, people are getting codes for all the items when they buy 10?

I'm going to pick these up tomorrow, but really don't want the candy so I want to make sure I do this right.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most 90's promotion I've seen since the actual 90's

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Well, it took them 46 hours, but I at least received the confirmation with theme.

Now, for the wait of an additional 3-5 days for the DLC redemption codes. Funny how they left that part out of the official "rules."

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I bought some today...
I went to walmart to grab some regular groceries and they DIDN'T have any of the regular size bars. So I went to 7-11. Grabbed 4 bars. Went to my car... then realized they didn't give me a receipt. So I went back and asked and it was too late. Had to go to another gas station to get more candy.
I started counting macros so I can only eat like half a bar each day. This is gonna last me a while... :-/

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Just got all 5 DLC codes, so they're definitely not out of codes. I submitted my initial receipt about 30 minutes after the promotion started, for reference.