• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
No. The official rules state the UPC codes of the allowed products. You need individual Butterfinger, Crunch, or Baby Ruth bars, which grocery stores usually have by the checkout lanes in front.

The one thing I don't get is the receipt doesn't have the UPC code on it, so how would they know which item you actually got? My receipt just says:

8 QTY NESTLE CRU.......7.04
2 QTY BUTTERFING......1.76

TAX.................................0.00
BALANCE.......................8.80

And this is from Safeway so it's not like some small store or anything.

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
The one thing I don't get is the receipt doesn't have the UPC code on it, so how would they know which item you actually got? My receipt just says:

Wierd i got my two crunch bars and they had the UPC codes on the receipt

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
For everyone that got approved, what store did you use and what did you buy?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

This is what I wondered as well and it might be the issue they're running into with verifying receipts.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim

I swung by a Pavilions/Vons and picked up two candy bars. My receipt is the same. Just lists the candy name and the price. No info on the size or the UPC. It's tripping me up, for sure.

Since I'm only aiming for the PS4 theme, I included both bars in my picture and made sure to have the weight info visible. I submitted a couple of minutes ago. Fingers crossed.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
Can take up to 5 days for codes
SjXJB6gl.jpg

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Submitted my receipt a little after 5pm EST yesterday and finally got my approval with the theme today around 10pm.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I just got my code for the theme, so either they got people working late on this or some sort of slow automated system.
Regardless says I have another email coming (Since I bought 10). So like Mejilan said, looks like they're likely just swamped. So it seems if they keep at this rate it takes 30+ hours for them to hand out codes.

Also there was NO UPC code on my receipt. So looks like they just want to see the store, amount, price, and the name of said product.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I just got my code for the theme, so either they got people working late on this or some sort of slow automated system.
Regardless says I have another email coming (Since I bought 10). So like Mejilan said, looks like they're likely just swamped. So it seems if they keep at this rate it takes 30+ hours for them to hand out codes.

Also there was NO UPC code on my receipt. So looks like they just want to see the store, amount, price, and the name of said product.

Good to know. Thanks for updating us on the receipt details too!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, finally got the theme code, just a short 28 hours later. :P No DLC code yet, but honestly the theme is what I mostly wanted so I'm not worried about how long the rest will take.

Wierd i got my two crunch bars and they had the UPC codes on the receipt

No UPC codes on mine, but they did list the bar size (1.55oz) so that tells them the same thing. If the check is automated it might be looking for UPCs though, and if it's not there it might get sent for review, which might be why mine took so long. They might be able to tell by price, too.

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
Took a little over 24hrs but got the code for the theme. Had the 2 UPCs on my receipt if that matters.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I bet it's a team of like 4 interns trying to go through tens of thousands of receipts lmao

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they are using mechanical turk to have people go through the receipts. That could explain the variable rates.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deadline to purchase and submit again? All you people rushing out to Wal-Mart at midnight yesterday got me nervous.

Typicalrik

Oct 28, 2017
Just as a quick aside...when the hell did they decide to ruin butterfingers? as a kid they were my favorite candy bar. I bought them today for the promotion, kept one for myself and passed the rest out at work, and this bar sucks now!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just got my email 5 minutes ago! I really really love this theme! The fact that Tifa overlaps the icons and has some sort of moving animation really make it work for me!

And the music!

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on the results of my 2nd receipt as well. I submitted it over a day ago. Hoping I see it soon.

Noire

Oct 25, 2017
Got e-mail early this morning with reciept acceptance and theme code. Now to wait for 5 DLC codes.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
My walmart receipt was rejected. I resubmitted it with the date visible this time. I dont know what else they need. It showed the store name and you could clearly see I purchased 2 butterfingers.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just buyem all in one go? Like get them all in one receipt? I think I just might do that.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
So if I drive down to Plattsburgh, NY, buy the candy bars and check off that I'm an american on the website, will this work?

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Just saw this was U.S. only. Bummer, I'm currently working overseas in Europe for a long while. I really just wanted the theme though if I'm being honest with myself.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Come to think of it, it's probably cheaper to just paypal someone than to drive down. Any sugar addicts in here?
I've got a warehouse full of Baby Ruth, ready to move at any time. I'm looking for a big time sugar player, though. Someone who can move large quantities. I'm talking pallets of Baby Ruth for gigabytes of in-game armlets.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
What are the chances this DOESN'T end up as paid DLC at some point? This whole process seems like a pain in the ass and I don't see myself using any of the items on a first playthrough since rumors are that they look pretty overpowered. But, I'd love to mess around with them on additional playthroughs.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First receipt submission uploaded at 12 on Tuesday, got denied super late that night (3am?). Why denied I have no idea lol.

Second submission uploaded Wednesday morning, no update since. Boo.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
What are the chances this DOESN'T end up as paid DLC at some point? This whole process seems like a pain in the ass and I don't see myself using any of the items on a first playthrough since rumors are that they look pretty overpowered. But, I'd love to mess around with them on additional playthroughs.
Plenty of dlc out there that is preorder or special purchase only.

If you really want it I wouldn't chance it.