• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
source.gif

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
The Reddit receipt was accepted with just "Butterfinger Reg" on it, no UPC, so are you sure it wasn't a different issue? Did you buy the candy after the start time of the promo and did you scan the entire receipt?

It might be because it was half an hour earlier than the EXACT start time of the promotion. If that is their reasoning, seems kind of lame to me.

I bought 10 more at Walmart which is after, and returned the other 10. Hopefully I can get my receipt in, in time to get everything.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
It might be because it was half an hour earlier than the EXACT start time of the promotion. If that is their reasoning, seems kind of lame to me.

I bought 10 more at Walmart which is after, and returned the other 10. Hopefully I can get my receipt in, in time to get everything.
They've stated the purchase does have to be after the exact start time of the promo unfortunately. But your second submission should be fine. Sucks, I know. Hope you get it.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
My Tifa theme is installed and it's easily my favorite theme now. It plays Tifa's Theme (of course), and has her hair and leg moving ever so slightly. It's gorgeous.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
When did you submit your receipt and when did they respond?
Probably 12:05 p.m. EST. Got my email with the theme 30 minutes ago.

Subject is "You're all set for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE DLC from Butterfinger"

Says we'll get the codes in 3-5 days, in the meantime enjoy this theme.

I bought 10 crispity crunchety Butterfingers on one receipt at like 12:01 p.m. I'm a nerd.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Probably 12:05 p.m. EST. Got my email with the theme 30 minutes ago.

Subject is "You're all set for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE DLC from Butterfinger"

Says we'll get the codes in 3-5 days, in the meantime enjoy this theme.

I bought 10 crispity crunchety Butterfingers on one receipt at like 12:01 p.m. I'm a nerd.
Alright so that's currently about a 6.5-7 hour turnaround time. XD Good to know.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I submitted my 10x Crunch bar receipt at around 12:10 ET and just received a second email confirming that the receipt is good and including the Tifa dynamic theme code. There's also a mention at the bottom that says, "You have now earned the maximum amount of DLC in the promotion. Offer limited to 5 DLC per person. Thank you for participating."

So yeah, one receipt with 10x valid Nestle Crunches did the trick for the entire promotion. Receipt was time-stamped 12:02 ET today, FWIW.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
I submitted my 10x Crunch bar receipt at around 12:10 ET and just received a second email confirming that the receipt is good and including the Tifa dynamic theme code. There's also a mention at the bottom that says, "You have now earned the maximum amount of DLC in the promotion. Offer limited to 5 DLC per person. Thank you for participating."

So yeah, one receipt with 10x valid Nestle Crunches did the trick for the entire promotion. Receipt was time-stamped 12:02 ET today, FWIW.
You just made me paranoid, but I just checked again and mine says the same thing.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, did the thing now waiting for approval.
I don't really give a toss about the dlc items, but eff me if I don't have a major weakness for PS4 themes lol. Fingers crossed it works!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I just ordered this off Amazon:

81a-Zlp-Dr0e-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

I've wanted a friggin' Butterfinger for days. Every store I went to didn't have it, so I figured 7-11 must have it! I went tonight after work, only to be told the store was closed due to an emergency as their roof was leaking. I snapped. I couldn't taking this bullshit anymore. I went on Amazon and bought that box.

It may kill me, but damnit I WILL HAVE MY CRISPETY, CRUNCHETY, PEANUT-BUTTERY GOODNESS!
If I don't make it to the PS5 reveal or launch, remember me fondly... and don't touch my goddamn Butterfingers!

I'm reasonably certain this doesn't qualify for the promo in this thread, but in terms of priority that's a VERY distant second to getting my hands on one of these bad boys. I post this only because this bloody thread and that recent episode of Bon Appetit where Claire made them has got them stuck in my head for days!

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Hey all, just chiming in to say I submitted my receipt at 9:33 AM PST and just got my confirmation at 11:23 PM PST, so about 14 hours. Receipt said "Butterfing" and I included the date/timestamp, pretty much everything on the receipt. Since I bought 10 they said I've met the requirements for all 5 codes.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
I submitted my receipt at 12:50pm Central time on the 3rd and still haven't received an approval or rejection. Got the submission confirmation email, though. Hmm...

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
I bought 10 Crunch bars at 6:44PM ET and submitted the receipt around 6:50PM and haven't received any emails from them, not even in showing in spam. Didn't know there was supposed to be a confirmation email. The website confirmed I'd submitted the picture, though.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Well that's weird. I took a picture of the full receipt from my car, and laid out the entire receipt flat on my leg and snapped a photo of it. It was rejected apparently. I bought 10 1.9 oz Butterfingers. I guess I'll lay it out flat on a table when I get home later and try again.

BTW I resubmitted the same photo because I got no notification of successful submission or approval of the first photo after 9ish hours of waiting and I got the rejection notice about 15 minutes after resubmitting

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm so upsed about this, I want the theme :(

If someone bought too many butterfingers, i'm willing to buy the theme / a valid receipt

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought 10 Crunch bars at 6:44PM ET and submitted the receipt around 6:50PM and haven't received any emails from them, not even in showing in spam. Didn't know there was supposed to be a confirmation email. The website confirmed I'd submitted the picture, though.

Same here though I did it around 4:20PM ET

I only got an email confirming I had registered my email address :-/

JKGQ2013

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my emails!!!! One for the theme and one for the 5 dlc codes!! It took almost 24 hours wow. Good luck everyone!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Going to the store to buy 10 butterfinger bars today. The candy bars/wrapping dont actually have to show any sort of promo on them right? Any butterfinger UPC will work?

Nov 27, 2017
I swung by Dollar General. 1.9oz Butterfingers were marked at 95 cents, but there was some kind of sale, so 2 of them rang up for like $1.50 total! Now to figure out what to do with all this cash I saved...