• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Same as you and I tell ya, that urge is STRONG.

YEAH. I'm thinking I'm going to wait till Thursday morning and see if there is any word on shipping yet. I've ordered some basketball shorts, HDMi cords and a few other things the past week and despite prime shipping showing like 4-5 days, my stuff has shown up a day or two later. So if it's at least in shipping Thursday, I'll wait, if not, I'm preloading.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Going to wait till Thursday morning to see if Amazon ships or not. Amazon said Persona 5R would arrive late too but it ended up coming on time. If it isn't shipped by then.... I'll cancel and go digital. I'd like a physical copy but I guess I'll hold out hope for some kind of collector edition with every single part way down the line.

haha exactly my plan.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's good I've had the deluxe version ordered since June of last year. If not, I'd just go digital. Really isn't a big deal.

In the same April 14th boat. Guess I'll spend the weekend playing something else 🤷🏾‍♂️

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
My deluxe edition, which was preordered like, as soon as it was available, says arriving april 14th. Really fucking upset i cant enjoy it with everyone else. Still not worth going digital though for the price. Would rather the offline version and steelbook for 60$

Exactly where I'm at. Oh well. I have to home-school my daughter and continue teaching online so it's not like I actually have a ton of free time anyway.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It's been sold out for at least 2 weeks at this point. The deluxe version was still available a few days ago but I just ordered the regular from Best Buy with release delivery.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I preordered ages ago, and they *claim* I'll have it by friday. So we'll see.

907579abb9.png
Seems to be hit or miss on non-essentials. Friend and I ordered the limited AC switch at the same time. He got his on launch day and mine showed up 3 weeks later. The ship date didn't change until 2 days before release.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be hit or miss on non-essentials. Friend and I ordered the limited AC switch at the same time. He got his on launch day and mine showed up 3 weeks later. The ship date didn't change until 2 days before release.

I got RE3 on the 3rd, but I won't get FFVII until the 14th. There is definitely no pattern. I was told they had no idea when my copy of P5 Royal would ship and it ended up shipping that same day and was delivered on release day. Shame the game I am anticipating the most is the one I won't receive on time. I will be salty this weekend.

Oct 8, 2019
For a company that has thousands of stores in the US, Gamestop's pre-order system is absolutely embarrassing. The system keeps on switching from "Your package is waiting to be shipped" to "Awaiting product Availability". How is your system that bad?

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the deluxe order I put in a few weeks ago still shows up as Order Received. it's bad.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My amazon deluxe edition order says It will be delivered next Wednesday, gives me time to finish Doom Eternal and RE3 so I'am not bothered.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the 14th boat for my Deluxe order I've had for a while at a good discount. I still have most of Doom Eternal to play through, so I'm OK with waiting a few extra days.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks but expected - no wonder Sony or any other companies not interesting in releasing their big games right now.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This has to be one of the worst takes I've seen here. How does one defend not being able to resell digital games as "good"?

It's very easy.

1.) A used digital game is literally identical to a new digital games.
2.) There is no reason to buy a new game over a used game. Why would I spend $60 on a product when I could spend $55?
3.) It cuts into developers bottom line meaning that less games/more micro transactions/less risky games. This also drastically hurts indie games. Consumers seem to be OK with not being able to sell games digitally (become more popular every year).

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
This has to be one of the worst takes I've seen here. How does one defend not being able to resell digital games as "good"?
It's very easy.

2.) There is no reason to buy a new game over a used game. Why would I spend $60 on a product when I could spend $55?
3.) It cuts into developers bottom line meaning that less games/more micro transactions/less risky games. This also drastically hurts indie games. Consumers seem to be OK with not being able to sell games digitally (become more popular every year).
Yep. If you want big AAA games, you should very much be opposed to game key reselling

Personally, I'd rather live in a world where there were no AAA games, and all code has to be free and open source, but I realize that a lot of people wouldn't like the consequences of that very much. Maybe once universal basic income becomes a thing.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah guess the physical copies got snapped up fast, especially for people who don't have the best internet for downloading it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's very easy.

Selling used games allows people to buy more new releases.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
lol Microsoft was simply a gen too early with their plans. People will now willingly cape for that shit now huh?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Square put up a notice saying it might be delayed at retail.
I imagine there's going to be a lot of stock issue due to covid-19

My internet suck as well (France) so anything over 30 GB will take me several days, I fear for next gen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it depends on where you live and if the warehouse has enough stock or employees available to run products.

Jan 2, 2018
Neither Amazon nor Best Buy had any availability in the Chicago area, so I bought PSN cards from Amazon to snag the digital deluxe version. Would've preferred the physical copy but it's my fault for waiting so long to pre-order and we gotta make due during a pandemic.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
checked mine and the pre-order is still there but pushed back to the 14th....ah well more time to play Persona.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Didnt amazon put a mandate that due to quarantine they will focus more on essential goods then entertainment or something?
I preordered Persona 5 Royal a week before release and eventhough estimated shipping showed it arriving a day late (I was expecting a longer delay especially with how late I ordered), I still got it on release date.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Man, i hope the regular edition comes back in stock soon. $80 bucks for the deluxe edition is a bit too much for me.