• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
"insert joke about this being completed before the remake here"

Impressive stuff.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
When did I miss the FF7re Pocket Edition for Switch announcement?

Seriously this is very neat. Loving the music rendition too.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the limitations of Dreams is? As in, number of objects, size of the world etc.

I realize that creators are not going to be able to remake entire games, but where's the line? It will be fascinating to see what comes out of this.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
So here is the real question.

What ISN'T possible to create in Dreams?

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Does anyone know what the limitations of Dreams is? As in, number of objects, size of the world etc.

I realize that creators are not going to be able to remake entire games, but where's the line? It will be fascinating to see what comes out of this.
You basically have an unlimited number of 'Scenes' which can be combined together to make a game (or the game can be contained in 1 scene if it fits). The Scenes are subject to a limit called the Thermometer, which is separated into 3 parts: 'gameplay', 'graphics' and 'sound'. Each of these areas has its own memory and resource limit, however you can fit a lot in if you use the tools efficiently.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how this is possible, because I don't know much about Dreams, but it's astonishing.