• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Twenty states have reached the Biden administration's goal to partially vaccinate 70 per cent of American adults by the Fourth of July as the Delta variant spreads and people gather for holiday celebrations across the country.

White House officials acknowledged last month that they would fall short of their goal, which was set in early May when the US was vaccinating people at a much faster pace than it is now.

The U.S. reached its highest vaccination rate in mid-April when the seven-day average of doses administered daily topped 3.3 million. At that time, 1.8 million new people became fully vaccinated each day.

But that rate was not sustained, dropping to a seven-day average of 1,121,064 doses given per day as of Saturday. About 685,472 people are becoming fully vaccinated daily.

However, the administration did come close to its goal of vaccinating 160 million adults by the holiday -- 157 million adults were fully vaccinated as of Saturday, federal data shows.

Health experts have been sounding the alarm on the risk low vaccination rates pose in some areas as the Delta variant of the coronavirus is now detected in all 50 U.S. states and Washington, DC.

The Delta variant, which is highly contagious and causes even more severe illness, has been spreading so rapidly in some areas that officials brought back their mask guidance even if people are fully vaccinated.

Pandemic-era travel record broken at start of holiday weekend

The number of people traveling by air hit a new pandemic-era record Friday as people are on the move for the Fourth of July weekend.

The Transportation Security Administration said it screened 2,196,411 people at airports across the country, the highest number since the start of the pandemic.

According to the TSA, that number is higher than the same day in 2019 before the pandemic, when the TSA screened 2,184,253 passengers.

AAA anticipates 47.7 million people will travel by road and air from July 1 to July 5, a 40 per cent increase over Independence Day travel last year and the second-highest travel volume on record.

www.ctvnews.ca

Fewer than half of U.S. states have reached the White House's July 4th vaccine goal

Twenty states have reached the Biden administration's goal to partially vaccinate 70 per cent of American adults by the Fourth of July as the Delta variant spreads and people gather for holiday celebrations across the country.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The Transportation Security Administration said it screened 2,196,411 people at airports across the country, the highest number since the start of the pandemic.

According to the TSA, that number is higher than the same day in 2019 before the pandemic, when the TSA screened 2,184,253 passengers.

wow lol

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
People who don't want to be vaccinated are digging their own graves at this point. It's as easy to get a vaccine as it is to go to starbucks.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The tools have been there for those 12 and up. At this point, those failures are on those people who refuse to take any responsible action.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
www.nytimes.com

See How Vaccinations Are Going in Your County and State (Published 2022)

See where doses have gone, and who is eligible for a shot in each state.

As expected, the red states are lagging far behind in vaccination.

Yeah, checked the article and...

California is one of 19 states to have fully vaccinated more than half its population. The other 18 are: Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Washington state, as well as Washington, D.C.

🤔 I'm noticing a pattern here

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Have helped vaccinate about 3,000 cruise ship staff over the last couple of weeks. They are ready to get back to work, but some US governors are making it harder than it needs to be by saying the cruise lines can't require passengers eligible for vaccination to be vaccinated in order to get on their ships. Republican governors gonna Republican.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
My company (well manager) wants for us to travel to Florida to NAFAM expo and I don't think this is smart. There will be plenty of people around the world there. I'll be fully vaccinated by then but the idea to travel at this time isn't good due to the delta variant and lots of people still not fully vaccinated. But a lot of the people who trvale in our company make it seem this shit is done.

Don't look forward taking the flights, staying at hotels or being around people for like 2 days this way. Fuck.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, checked the article and...

🤔 I'm noticing a pattern here

blues-clues-blue-copy-3.jpg

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
As soon as the states and CDC said masks are optional, all the vaccinations stopped. My wife went from not having enough shots to throwing dozens away a day over night.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As soon as the states and CDC said masks are optional, all the vaccinations stopped. My wife went from not having enough shots to throwing dozens away a day over night.
That makes sense and also makes me fearful that our national vaccination rate is going to remain depressed in these more rural (red) areas and become a breeding ground for future Delta-like variants to spread. I'm not sure what the solution there is short of offering lottery incentives or requiring proof of vaccination for domestic travel.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
we were gunna get free Budweiser if we hit 70%. In hindsight, it was a great marketing tactic for them, knowing the stupidity of the American people meant they were never at risk of a payout.

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised that a bunch of large European countries have now vaccinated more people with atleast one dose than the US when we were literally months behind. Sounds like it's reaching a plateau.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to get another vaccination. I think Pfizer should offer different flavors and colors to combat every variant. I could get my software updated every month like an iPhone.

I was surprised that a bunch of large European countries have now vaccinated more people with atleast one dose than the US when we were literally months behind. Sounds like it's reaching a plateau.

Unfortunately, roughly half our country is stupid.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nice to see Illinois at 71.9%.

Embarrassing numbers for red states, though. Goddamn trump voters fucking it up for everyone else. Pride in ignorance, I guess.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
At least here in Houston, Texas people are vaccinated at a much higher rate than the rest of the state. My county has very few new cases daily, and I assume several other cities are the same within those "red states"

Remember, there are no red states, just a sea of empty land that votes surrounding mostly blue cities

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
Nice to see Illinois at 71.9%.

Embarrassing numbers for red states, though. Goddamn trump voters fucking it up for everyone else. Pride in ignorance, I guess.

It's really embarrassing and depressing that as a former US president he can't do the bare minimum and urge people in these states to get vaccinated.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People who don't want to be vaccinated are digging their own graves at this point. It's as easy to get a vaccine as it is to go to starbucks.

They're digging the graves of thousands of people like me who won't get the full effects of the vaccine too. :\

Hold the fuck up Michigan is lower than FLORIDA?!

Michigan has a lot of rural areas that are probably among some of the most uneducated in the country. I'm not surprised at all the state is so low.

That being said, the statistics I saw on Google said Michigan was slightly ahead.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Wait, so the goal was 160 million people, but they "only" got 157 million people vaccinated?

Yes, let's panic.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
At least here in Houston, Texas people are vaccinated at a much higher rate than the rest of the state. My county has very few new cases daily, and I assume several other cities are the same within those "red states"

Remember, there are no red states, just a sea of empty land that votes surrounding mostly blue cities

You guys have a big comic con, ComicPalooza coming up in a few weeks. I kind of wonder that's gonna go given that sorta thing attracts people from many parts of the state, no? I myself am thinking of going.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Wait, so the goal was 160 million people, but they "only" got 157 million people vaccinated?

Yes, let's panic.

Gotta build the narrative that Biden "failed" the vaccine rollout despite the fact this is 100% user error and said users are the ones who'll suffer most in the next 6 months.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people who still deny/downplay Covid especially in the South is staggering.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they could get more people vaccinated more quickly, but unfortunately too much of the country is just completely disinterested in any social ties, "we're all in this together" types of things. There's all kinds of quasi-credible boogeymen/conspiracist stuff for people not getting shots - people can't take time off, people don't trust the government, etc - but really, it's more just straight up not wanting to do it because fuck you and everyone else.

I'm glad that the numbers are this high though, and I'm glad that where people are getting vaccinated, illness and death is significantly lowered.
In places where people are on that fuck you timing...welp, those variants are gonna get you, and frankly...I dunno how to stop that if you're able to be vaccinated and you just aren't yet.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FDA needs to stop fucking around and fully approve the vaccines too. They'll shove through approvals for shit like a controversial Alzheimer's drug, but won't approve the covid vaccine which has been given to over 100 million people.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The goal was always based on a round number and a nice date.
70% of adults is not close to herd immunity, there is nothing special about that number.
They wanted to celebrate 4th of July like it's victory day over covid and they set a number that they thought we can reach. And we almost did, but honestly, there is no big difference between 69% and 71%.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado stays winning. Love my state!

Red states lagging behind is one of the least surprising things I've heard.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I can testify to this, at least within Houston. You still have your fair share of idiots, but a lot of people I know are either fully vaccinated or (in some cases) got their first dose.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The best way to beat delta is to stop watching CNN, and vote Republican.

That was an actual tweet from an actual US Congressperson (Boebert).

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
67% of adults compared to 70% is not a huge difference. The problem is states like Mississippi where the vaccination rates are terrible. Iirc, vaccination rates for ages 30+ are over 70%, but 18-29 were less than 50%. Young people aren't taking the vaccine and the delta variant is coming for them…

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised California is as high as it is. There's a lot of red in this deep blue state.