• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
From Reddit. F(24)/M(25)

EegvgNyX0AAZEn3

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dan Ryckert is that you?

He had a wedding there, this is definitely a Dan thing to do.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I'm actually curious about that discussion. At what point does "it's my money and I want to spend it this way" become a problem? Like spending thousands on a gaming room might elicit disapproval from your spouse but it's entirely different from spending thousands on like Nazi memorabilia or something.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of a few minds

A) She is right that she lives there and gets a say of what goes on in their house
B) He lives there too and should also get a say
C) She notes that it's largely going into a room that's "his" and she doesn't interact with. Why is it a problem?
D) Seems like big purchases like that should be discussed between them, even if it is their own money
F) Constantly mocking him for his feelings about Taco Bell makes her look worse. It's not like he's doing this with CFA stuff.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You probably shouldn't make big changes to your living space without discussing it with your spouse first, but it was his money and and his office, so worst case scenario she can just avoid the house tours going to the office if she finds it so tacky.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
The only reason I didn't think it's Dan Ryckert is that I think his wife wouldn't have been surprised by the development, or even objected all that strongly to it.

How is Dan doing? Always see him streaming on Twitch but never seems to get many viewers :(
Did you catch his 12 hour nightmare stream? It was so... Ryckert.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
If it is limited to his office than she shouldn´t have a problem it. If it was the living room or something like that, then I understand her being pissed.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this marriage isn't long for this world. Just a feeling.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, like 90% of those kinds of posts are fake anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one is fake too.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the one recently about the guy who got rid of their bed while his wife/girlfriend was out so he could set up a space for VR.

Of course, like 90% of those kinds of posts are fake anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one is fake too.
Still entertaining though.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
It's his "room" let him do whatever he wants with it.

Stop fussing about someone from doing something they like/enjoy.

It's fine to say you don't get something or think it's dumb, but you can still say "Hey, if you like it...I'm glad you're happy."

(Would be my response)

Last edited:

Gooey

Oct 27, 2017
He asked for her opinion and she gave an honest answer, it's not like she demanded he get rid of it

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the husband's side here. it's his money, in "his" room, and, as dumb as it is, it's not harmful

hythloday

Oct 28, 2017
He asked for her opinion and she gave an honest answer, it's not like she demanded he get rid of it

This is my take on the issue.

There's the obvious discussion of "they both live there and should both discuss furnishings and purchasing decisions" but if it's not placed in a common area, I think it's fair for him to decorate "his" space how he likes. But he can't expect her to like it, too. She's entitled to her opinion.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost certainly not Dan because she was surprised he would think it was a good idea.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
I actually thought he went out and bought all the appliances and cookware needed for a Taco Bell and had recipes as well as decor. But yeah, I see where the wife is coming from, but also the dude who did it. Either way, I now want taco bell but none anywhere near me fml

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like an argument I would have with my ex when I was 23 lmao

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Some folks wish the problems they have with their SO is decorating their home office like a taco bell. It's not even a common space that anyone would immediately see.