• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, Accumulated infractions

Scorsese's original quote:
"What's not there is revelation, mystery or genuine emotional danger," Scorsese wrote in his Times piece. "Nothing is at risk. The pictures are made to satisfy a specific set of demands, and they are designed as variations on a finite number of themes."

Feige's response:
We did Civil War. We had our two most popular characters get into a very serious theological and physical altercation," Feige says. "We killed half of our characters at the end of a movie [Avengers: Infinity War].

Edit: mods pls. There is no 'genuine revelation or emotional risk in Marvel films'. Don't know why the title fucked up like that.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
this is the biggest non story of all time, I can't believe how hard we fall for all this free promotion for whatever the next marvel is

Sep 12, 2018
"We killed half of our characters at the end of a movie"

And then brought 'em back with magic space rocks after advertising sequels with a lot of those dead characters.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
But you know that they're going to beat the big bad in the end, even if there is the standard, mythic, sacrifice and moments of doubt that precedes that victory. So I'm not sure that Scorsese doesn't have a point.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
OP didn't quote the best line:

"Everybody has a different definition of cinema. Everybody has a different definition of art. Everybody has a different definition of risk," says Feige. "Some people don't think it's cinema. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to repeat that opinion. Everyone is entitled to write op-eds about that opinion, and I look forward to what will happen next. But in the meantime, we're going to keep making movies."

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Can everyone just move on from this, the man doesn't like Marvel movies, it's not a big deal

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
"We killed half of our characters at the end of a movie." yeah some real stakes there Feige.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on Feige, we all knew Holland wasnt really dead at the end of Infinity War

Practice?!?

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2019
"we killed half of our characters"

That's just about the most comical response possible.

If anything that comment gives more credence to Marty's comment because of how non-threatening "Killing" those characters was

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
this is the biggest non story of all time, I can't believe how hard we fall for all this free promotion for whatever the next marvel is

It's working out quite nicely for Scorcese too. Everyone is asking him about Marvel and no one is asking him about the rape charges (yet again) just announced against his friend/someone he gave a very public standing ovation to in the past.

That whole thing is just going to fly under the radar, again, because people are so caught up on what he said about Marvel.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like and respect Feige but give me a fucking break about killing off half your cast while they're filming the follow up and their characters have sequels coming up. You're proving Marty right with braindead responses like that.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Sculli sure is a fan of this subject.

Anyway, if you read or listen to Feige's whole response, it's as vanilla as it gets. He softly defends his own movies and says everybody has the right to their own opinion.

The story is over.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol Feige I am not sure using the ending of infinity War that was undone in the next move is the best argument here.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, if you read to or listen to Feige's whole response, it's as vanilla as it gets. He softly defends his own movies and says everybody has the right to their own opinion.

The story is over.

No the story will never be over. We're locked in a cyclical cinema debate now.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Civil War is the greatest example in SUPPORT of Scorsese's argument. Neither Tony nor Cap were allowed to do anything that would truly alienate them from the audience, and as a result Civil War ends up being one of the most middling and forgettable films of the franchise (action setpieces aside)

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Citing deaths at the end of Infinity War as "emotional stakes" is about as intellectually bankrupt and stake-less as you can get.

Nov 30, 2017
Here we go again. Then they will ask RDJ, then Chris Evans and so on after we get every cast and crew member saying something and Sculli will report every single one of them because he really cares about this subject for some reason

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
OP didn't quote the best line:

Anyway, if you read to or listen to Feige's whole response, it's as vanilla as it gets. He softly defends his own movies and says everybody has the right to their own opinion.

The story is over.

Agreed. Gotta wonder why Sculli posted a 2day old article and then I see all the MCU hater responses. Basically just to stir shit up for no good reason.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
People in here acting like Iron Man kicking the bucket wasn't a real tear jerker for a lot of people, lol.

The movies have a lot of what Scorsese says they don't, they just don't have it how HE wants it.

I honestly can't believe this is still an on-going story.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You were so excited to continue this nonsense that you couldn't even get a proper thread title in order before posting it. Are you proud, OP?

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
You were so excited to continue this nonsense that you couldn't even get a proper thread title in order before posting it. Are you proud, OP?
The title was complete. I have nfi what happened. Not sure why some of you at taking this thread so personally. If you don't want to engage with the discussion anymore, don't click on it?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THERE IS NO GENUONE
neo-matrix-there-is-no-spoon.jpg

Practice?!?

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Has Marty said anything about Dark Knight at all?

curious if he feels similar to that , I'd imagine he saw it

Status
Not open for further replies.