• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Hi all,

Like most of you. I love dark themes. I especially love the ones used here and on Twitter. I find myself using Dark Theme almost all the time which is why I decided to try implement it into my own website.

Here is an example of my default theme (taken from this url):
kTgZoK3.png

Here is an example of my night theme:
SsGR6u3.png

I'm still not sure how I feel about it which is why I am looking for some fresh eyes or people who may have advice on the right colors to blend together and so on.

And how do you all feel about specific night theme colors? I kind of themed this off of the Twitter night theme colors they use on their site.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
Those box borders definitely need more contrast. A darker blue would definitely help.
The gray buttons on the bottom left have too bright a background color as well and the text blends into them.

Edit- I'd go for darker outlines on those three buttons as well.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Those box borders definitely need more contrast. A darker blue would definitely help.
The gray buttons on the bottom left have too bright a background color as well and the text blends into them.

Edit- I'd go for darker outlines on those three buttons as well.

Awesome, thank you! Gonna play around with those suggestions a bit right now!

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
How about something more like this? I generally hare borders, but that's just me.

That's actually quite sleek! I like it! Although it starts creating a small bit of a divide between how default and night mode handle the borders/boxes. But I'm really liking that.

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually quite sleek! I like it! Although it starts creating a small bit of a divide between how default and night mode handle the borders/boxes. But I'm really liking that.

Ah, so it's strictly a colour changes then! I just messed with the buying options a little to give them a little more breathing space. Good luck with this by the way :)

gDKmT5G.png

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Ah, so it's strictly a colour changes then! I just messed with the buying options a little to give them a little more breathing space. Good luck with this by the way :)

Whoa those buttons look a huge amount nicer than the ones I currently have out.

Would it be possible to shoot me the css changes you applied to those? They really look fantastic! I've never been much of a designer myself :-/

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa those buttons look a huge amount nicer than the ones I currently have out.

Would it be possible to shoot me the css changes you applied to those? They really look fantastic! I've never been much of a designer myself :-/

Code:
.info-link {
    display: block;
    padding: 12px;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #3e3e3e;
    background-color: #eaeaea;
    border-radius: 3px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

You'll want to apply that to .info-link-decks too as those three buttons have separate styling.

I removed the border. It's just the padding that gives it more room.

Obviously you'll want to change the background colour if you decide to not use a border.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Code:
.info-link {
    display: block;
    padding: 12px;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #3e3e3e;
    background-color: #eaeaea;
    border-radius: 3px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

You'll want to apply that to .info-link-decks too as those three buttons have separate styling.

I removed the border. It's just the padding that gives it more room.

Obviously you'll want to change the background colour if you decide to not use a border.

Thank you! Going to try it out right now. Really appreciate it mate, those look awesome.