• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yep what did I expect?

UPDATE
FedEx spokeswoman Allie Addoms told Business Insider that the two men were employed by an independent service provider. She said FedEx was investigating the video.

"FedEx Ground expects the highest level of conduct from service providers and their employees," the spokeswoman said in a statement. "We are aware of this incident and have reviewed the matter with the customer and the service provider business that employed the individuals depicted in the video."

FedEx added that the two men have since been given employment at the company while the investigation is ongoing.

"FedEx takes extremely seriously any allegations of discrimination, retaliation, or improper employment actions," the company said in a statement. "FedEx will be conducting a thorough investigation into these claims. While we conduct this investigation FedEx will provide employment for these drivers."
www.businessinsider.com

FedEx says it's investigating after 2 drivers alleged they were confronted by an angry homeowner in a viral video

"While we conduct this investigation FedEx will provide employment for these drivers," the company said in a statement.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
what happened up to that part?

not enough context

just an argument?

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
what happened up to that part?

not enough context

white guy just complaining ?
From another of his Twitter posts.

BACKSTORY: "All we did was deliver his package, he was in the house at the time. It was a quick stop and as soon as we were leaving he ran out his house cursing and threatening us. While we were looking confused we just apologized for being on his yard but he keep going on then kept saying he would whoop our black asses and then he told his wife to call the cops. That's when he pulled out his phone playing victim and that's when I recorded. Idk what the police did but I posted this video because we go through racism everyday on that route in Leesburg but he was the first one to actually come up and actually threaten us."

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I can't speak for how management runs in GA (I mean we can obviously see how it runs from the outcome here) but from my own experiences with them, the bigger issue was that they posted the video online and their social media team watches stuff like hawks. I've heard many stories of employees being terminated for a lot of reasons and arguing against it and getting reinstated. If stuff is kept private they'll usually just slap you with a warning letter.

I'd also like to say that this is likely a Ground driver rather than Express going by the driver side door hanging open, which would get an Express driver yelled at in which case they'd be getting fired by their contractor and not the actual company itself. In which case I hope the company steps in and investigates the contractor for the route.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. These me can't even work through the pandemic without some racist-ass person interrupting their day and getting them fired. If FedEx doesn't reinstate them I'm going to stop using them for my shipping needs as much as I can.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
USPS rural carrier here, so I'm all about delivery driver solidarity, but man did it upset me to see him put that truck in drive without wearing a seatbelt.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the blowback makes them reconsider- the fedex driver isn't doing anything egregious in this video that merits firing- outside of whatever their social media policy is - but firing him for it seems to run counter to any social media logic they might have in place.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's racist to see two black delivery workers coming up to your house and confront them for being black.

It is Racism 2 to see two black delivery workers complete the delivery and walk away, and STILL come out of your house to confront them for being black.

USPS rural carrier here, so I'm all about delivery driver solidarity, but man did it upset me to see him put that truck in drive without wearing a seatbelt.
That's what upset you?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

that's gonna be a whoosh from me dawg

Would THAT play into fedex firing rationale? I mean I get what you're saying but boy is it low on the list of things I care about in this video.

Wonder if baldy is dumb enough to upload his version? (Or in the unlikely buy possible event he's smart and it has a twist.)

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
That's what upset you?

Not exclusively! I've heard so many stories of customers recording carriers during this pandemic, accusing them of everything from theft to intentionally contaminating mail, and obviously these guys shouldn't have to deal with this racist horseshit. But yeah, he should wear his seatbelt. I get caught doing that and it's mandatory driver training and loss of work.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
that's gonna be a whoosh from me dawg

Would THAT play into fedex firing rationale? I mean I get what you're saying but boy is it low on the list of things I care about in this video.

Wonder if baldy is dumb enough to upload his version? (Or in the unlikely buy possible event he's smart and it has a twist.)

Not buckling up would be I believe an instant termination from Express, not shutting the driver side door while vehicle is in motion would be at least a warning. I can't speak for Ground specifically as they are entirely their own separate company in terms of processes and rules. Posting the video online would also be massively bad to them.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Rural GA again. I learned real quick that outside of metro Atlanta, those white folks see us black people like we're trespassing on their territory since they spent lots of money to move away from us.

I hope at the very least that white guy gets shamed and fired from his job, and someone like UPS picks those guys up. That's bullshit.

What the fuck?!?! I didn't hear about that, where did that happen???
www.nbcnews.com

In UPS-hijacking gun battle that killed 2, nearly 200 shots were fired

Two armed robbers who had hijacked a UPS truck in South Florida got into a firefight with at least 21 police officers. At the end, the UPS driver and a 70-year-old bystander were dead.

Wikiwand - 2019 Miramar shootout

On December 5, 2019, a police pursuit of jewelry store robbers in Miramar, Florida, United States, culminated in a shootout, killing the perpetrators, the kidnapped driver of a UPS multi-stop truck, and a bystander. The crime scene was described as "very complicated" by the FBI special agent in...

It was easily one the worst stories of last year. Nothing was done right.

Oct 28, 2018
User Banned (3 Months): Victim Blaming Over Racism; Prior Severe Ban
We literally know nothing about what actually happened. Did FedEx release a statement as to why they were fired? It's possible they violated social media policies by posting the video. Doesn't really matter what happened beforehand, the video itself out of context doesn't help their case in any way whatsoever, was a bad move to post it in the first place imo.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I wonder what the right course of action would have been there to keep their jobs.

The answer is everything would end in termination.

Cripes people. Hope their gofundme works out.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

In UPS-hijacking gun battle that killed 2, nearly 200 shots were fired

Two armed robbers who had hijacked a UPS truck in South Florida got into a firefight with at least 21 police officers. At the end, the UPS driver and a 70-year-old bystander were dead.

Wikiwand - 2019 Miramar shootout

On December 5, 2019, a police pursuit of jewelry store robbers in Miramar, Florida, United States, culminated in a shootout, killing the perpetrators, the kidnapped driver of a UPS multi-stop truck, and a bystander. The crime scene was described as "very complicated" by the FBI special agent in...

It was easily one the worst stories of last year. Nothing was done right.

Oh, I do recall hearing about that, didn't know UPS actually thanked the police after the police killed one of their employees.

Oh, I do recall hearing about that, didn't know UPS actually thanked the police after the police killed one of their employees.
This article contains the statement I was referring to:
www.mintpressnews.com

UPS Joins Media Chorus In Thanking Police For Murder of Frank Ordonez

In an example of a US establishment shielding police from brutality, UPS released a statement thanking police for killing driver Frank Ordonez

It should be noted that they never even mentioned the employee's name.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This bald asshole - what a buffoon!

How you gonna treat essential workers like that, brah?

Edit* Also 'white costumer' lol fuck it, he is; he's a clown.

Oct 27, 2017
Rural GA again. I learned real quick that outside of metro Atlanta, those white folks see us black people like we're trespassing on their territory since they spent lots of money to move away from us.

I hope at the very least that white guy gets shamed and fired from his job, and someone like UPS picks those guys up. That's bullshit.

The white guy is a dick and probable racist, but he didn't get them fired. Not sure why he needs to be punished for being on video. FedEx, on the other hand, can eat a big one.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, georgia's coming down for Florida's title lately.

Also, this is really a shitshow. Is there any law on the book to punish that racist moron?

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the officers were black and berated the fuck out of this asshole for wasting their time.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
This is in Georgia, isn't it? I don't hear a lot of other sections of the country talking about fitna do something. Dude sounds like everybody I grew up around so, shot in the dark, this is GA.

Anyway, fuck FedEx for this. Mother fuckers act like just cause you're on the job you aren't a fucking person. I fucking hate most of the general public.

Nov 26, 2017
I hope they sue. Giant lawsuits and settlements hitting their pocket books is the only thing these companies understand.
I agree, but this stuff will screw over the Average Fedex workers, Fedex is already in two death lawsuits right now. One in Memphis and One in Indy(still can see the impacted wall) But hell Fedex don't even tell there employees that someone at there hub have COVID-19

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017

Bruh, I've been telling folks that for ages. I talk to Chris Cuomo from CNN every few weeks on his radio show and last few times I talked specifically about how outside of the A, people think I'm the enemy simply because I'm married to a minority. They see my wife as an illegal even though she's Puerto Rican. These mother fuckers have lost their mind. They really think white=right. Don't even get me started on what happened to Ahmad Arbery. I heard mother fuckers saying he should have just complied with the guys who shot him. Wtf is wrong with these fucking people?

Oct 27, 2017
So this racist white trash harassed black essential workers, probably called em niggers and called the cops on em but we've got people in here saying that we need some context and worrying about fucking seatbelts and whether or not the video should have been posted.

I just fucking can't.

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
You shouldn't use anyone but USPS anyways because legally your mail cannot be opened without a police warrant, whereas with all the other delivery services, they're free to look at the creepy, horrible shit you buy.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Not exclusively! I've heard so many stories of customers recording carriers during this pandemic, accusing them of everything from theft to intentionally contaminating mail, and obviously these guys shouldn't have to deal with this racist horseshit. But yeah, he should wear his seatbelt. I get caught doing that and it's mandatory driver training and loss of work.
Time and place my dude; constructing your entire post to focus on the lack of proper seatbelt etiquette is not the move.