• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I'm hearing people who don't even like Trump think that the Federal Police are necessary because of violent anarchists. You would be really surprised at the number of "law and order" folks thinks this is necessary.
The dream of the 88s is alive in Portland

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not really. I'm hearing people who don't even like Trump think that the Federal Police are necessary because of violent anarchists. You would be really surprised at the number of "law and order" folks thinks this is necessary.
Pretty sure his polling reflects a wide disapproval for how he's handled these situations. There will always be anecdotes that go against that, but his strong arm tactics are not being met with approval by the vast majority of people.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is off the table with the criminals and ghouls in this administration, but keep in mind that there are not really enough of these goons to throw off the election, even if they wanted to.

The real reason for the deployment of these guys is to score Trump points among white suburbanites who have turned on him.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You sure on this? I don't see that being reported anywhere else.
I mean, those are pictures from the justice center and I'm pretty sure that those are actual clips on the AR and the pistol, sooo... yeah. Pretty sure. Dude also apparently is covering the protest for the Portland Mercury. Seems like a trustworthy source.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am completely mentally preparing myself to see the secret police kill civilians protesting.

also is that a fucking silencer on their weapon what the fuck
v been genuinely concerned some of these tactical donuts are civilian volunteers from local militia. Renting minivans is just one surreal component that's also deeply suspicious.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I am completely mentally preparing myself to see the secret police kill civilians protesting.

also is that a fucking silencer on their weapon what the fuck
They already shot someone in the head and almost killed him

www.oregonlive.com

Police shoot Portland protester in head with impact weapon, causing severe injuries

26-year-old Donavan La Bella came out of facial reconstructive surgery early Sunday morning after his skull was fractured.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the crowd here is the biggest it's been, which is impressive for a Tuesday night. A lot more people here (and I assume out of city) have started protesting more rigidly after the Feds got involved and some of their tactics. As it was protests against police brutality, shocker, police and federal officers deploying violent and unlawful tactics makes more people see a reason for and want to protest.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit really blew up after some folks started a fire near the building then the FEDs rushed out and starting beating the shit out of everyone and now explosions everywhere.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
If american protesters are allergic to throwing projectiles they should at least invest in better shields.
Not a fan of the half measures approach to be honest. You are completely peaceful or you are ready to fight back, you can't just start a fire in an entrance and not be ready for when feds come out swinging.

EDIT: I respect that resilience though.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's an actual shitshow, the federal officers have gotten extremely violent and actually are doing actively malicious things.

Just a few examples.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
This Chad needs to be put on trial. Fuck the DHS. If Biden wins it's one of the many protests that needs to happen. He needs to know that department has to go.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These are exactly the "lawless streets" imagery Trump wants in the media cycle. It reinforces his current (I would argue failing) line of attack against Biden. Make no mistake, he sent these federal agents in to foment conflict and violence for political gain.

Oct 27, 2017
v been genuinely concerned some of these tactical donuts are civilian volunteers from local militia. Renting minivans is just one surreal component that's also deeply suspicious.
As someone who has worked a car rental branch on a military base, it is extremely common for our military to rent vehicles so they don't have to pay for maintenance costs and damages. Though I worked with marines training, and never homeland security so I can't attest to how they are operating

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
Where is a good place to park my car while I protest where cops won't mark it or slash my tires?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm glad their ears will be protected while they mow down peaceful protesters.

They shouldn't be aiming those at people at all (or even be out there). But the previous poster is right, a lot of guns have them just to mitigate the loudness even during practice at the range. It was a correct answer to the question posed.

Again, doesn't really matter though, they shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't be aiming those at people at all (or even be out there). But the previous poster is right, a lot of guns have them just to mitigate the loudness even during practice at the range. It was a correct answer to the question posed.

Again, doesn't really matter though, they shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Yeah,
Wasn't saying they should even have those weapons just answering the question.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crowds are out again! Seem as big as yesterday.

edit:The mayor Ted Wheeler is in the crowd with the protestors talking to everyone and it's been going as you expect. oh lawd.

edit:Welp a fire is raging and the fence has been breached. Nobody has been brave enough to cross it yet however.

edit:Pretty large fire now. Mayor warned live rounds might be used. Mayor is now at the burning fence. Feds gassing the fence.

edit: the mayor is still at the fence getting gassed with the rest of them. So thats something i guess.

Last edited: