• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Fightful has learned that Cody Rhodes and AEW have yet to come to an agreement, there is a likely announcement regarding this coming soon. Word among the wrestling world is that the two sides have been unable to reach an agreement, and Cody Rhodes could be leaving the company and is headed to WWE.

Fightful will have more details on the situation.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Cody Rhodes leaving for WWE seems as likely as HHH debuting in AEW

Edit: I will believe it when I see it

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Brock Lesnar having a total crash after performing live/social interaction is probably the most I will ever relate with someone I have so little in common otherwise

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when I said they were going to have to start poaching outside talent to job to Roman because they've literally fed him everyone on their active roster?

maxresdefault.jpg

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I would not be shocked at all if WWE threw Cody "can't say no" money. Even on a short term deal, which I think this would be.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Man, this makes AEW look...kinda dysfunctional backstage. I mean we could see it through some of the cracks in regards to booking the women. You have Kenny who wanted to focus on the joshi, Brandi who...I dunno, and now Tony with his Britt Baker and Jade Cargill obsession.

Not that WWE is any better, mind you.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm The dumbest fucking person on this site and feel free to call me a dumbass but.. this feels like a work.

Until Cody is in that WWE ring I don't buy it

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm The dumbest fucking person on this site and feel free to call me a dumbass but.. this feels like a work.

Until Cody is in that WWE ring I don't buy it
SRS on his YouTube live stream just said it is NOT a work. Said that the locker room kind of split away from Cody, and the feeling would be if it's a work, it could be a real toxic type issue with the locker room in AEW.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I didn't know wrestlers getting paid with hotdogs and a handshake was a real thing

Yeah it doesn't surprise me. Specially if it happens in places where people are quite literally building a show out of love for the arts (as it happened and probably still happens here in Chile. There's also the real joke of rock bands being paid in beer)

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Is Rhodes to the Top season 2 in production right now? Should make for an interesting show, maybe they can do a crossover with Miz and Mrs.?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I almost find it more likely that Cody is going to start his own promotion/buy NWA than go back to WWE, honestly.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Man, here I was wanting to make jokes about punchkick Austin in 2022, or muse on Brock softly shooting on spot monkeys.

But then stardust's potential return just took over.
So here's the part where I say, stardust was fun, it's a shame the gimmick was midcard loser and not like, actual midcard competitor

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, Dan Lambert is gonna take credit for driving Cody out of the company.

Fuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh.