• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo, GCW ended with a great match between Joey Janela and Dr. Wagner Jr. in which Joey put Wagner over hard. As he does. After the match, Psycho Clown came out and DWJ challenged him to a mask vs. hair match at a later GCW show.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Dr Wagner Jr. trying to take the mask from the person who took theirs. Should be a great match. Might actually order my first GCW show if and when that happens. Although there's almost no chance Dr Wagner takes Psycho Clown's mask on a non AAA show. AAA would probably want that to happen on their show if they ever decide to unmask him.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
man, KENTA's whole career being effectively derailed by his WWE-run & the injuries he accumulated over there is still such a bummer.
glad to see that he's at least been able to somewhat reinvent himself even if it does not result in the type of matches he used to do. I'm still rooting out for him in NJPW - really hope they get the chance to do the KENTA vs. Shibata match in some form or fashion.

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Dr Wagner Jr. trying to take the mask from the person who took theirs. Should be a great match. Might actually order my first GCW show if and when that happens. Although there's almost no chance Dr Wagner takes Psycho Clown's mask on a non AAA show. AAA would probably want that to happen on their show if they ever decide to unmask him.

GCW is running an all-Lucha show as part of their Mania weekend slate. I imagine that will be the main event of that show.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I won't believe a Clown Vs Wagner apuestas match in GCW will happen until the bell rings.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
It requires watching the asshole TJP, but the main event on NJPW Strong this week against Clark Connors might just be an early MotY contender for me. Absolutely fantastic.

Connors is going to be pretty good.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I won't believe a Clown Vs Wagner apuestas match in GCW will happen until the bell rings.

I can see it happening if Wagner is willing to get his head shaved. GCW would surely give him a nice payday for it and basically no one in Mexico would know about it. He takes a few months off and goes back to AAA like nothing happened.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh. Definitely got a side eye for Ruby if she's that close of friends with someone that openly and blatantly racist.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the visuals on the reveal were some fake ubisoft trailer shit, I recall that they looked actually decent? and now it's like "nevermind, back to dead eyed everything"

MyRISE sounds like a ride, do you start off with promising NXT, only to get 2.0'd and then the final boss is a main roster callup where you have to go into business for yourself to survive and reach the good ending of "still employed, midcard for life!"
These CAW storylines can no longer be about main eventing wrestlemania surely? because your CAW isn't a part timer, or is that timeskip DLC? I have good ideas for this mode!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
100% of Lacey Evans matches are like that. She just does not go up for anything.
It's almost as if she doesn't have a natural inclination for pro wrestling and has no business being out there on TV. The rise of Lacey Evans on the women's main roster was a massive red flag and a sign of what WWE was about to double down on.

She can do a good moonsault. Everything else she legit looks untrained.

Her talking shit to Sammy at WWE Performance Center tryouts like she was a veteran is still the funniest shit in the world. "hE cAn'T RolL"

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey GCW fans? What's your thoughts on Ninja Mack?
He's absolutely incredible in terms of physical prowess. Was supposed to go overseas and work for NOAH in late 2021, but the COVID surge killed it. GCW doesn't book folk who aren't loyal very strongly, so we only ever get to see Mack in scrambles and stuff, but he's a really strong singles wrestler and it's going to be a lot of fun when he finally gets his shot.

Oct 29, 2017
He's absolutely incredible in terms of physical prowess. Was supposed to go overseas and work for NOAH in late 2021, but the COVID surge killed it. GCW doesn't book folk who aren't loyal very strongly, so we only ever get to see Mack in scrambles and stuff, but he's a really strong singles wrestler and it's going to be a lot of fun when he finally gets his shot.
Looking into his background, he's an Booker T trainee. I posted on the AEW thread that he should be the new signee.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Hey GCW fans? What's your thoughts on Ninja Mack?

He's the real deal.

I believe he's going to be doing stuff for a Japanese promotion soon. NOAH was it? I can't recall.

Edit: Nvm, Bluexy got what I was thinking of. No doubt it'll still be happening once everything has eased up some though.

The worse it is the better the New Legacy Inc vids will be. We should be rooting for it to be as bad as possible, because it certainly isn't going to be good.

Last edited:

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So some Raw and Smackdown clips showed up in my YouTube recommended feed and I watched them. I was shocked I just how obvious and bad the fake audio crowd reactions are piped in. You'll hear a ruckus loud crowd but when you look into the crowd and everyone is sitting still. I haven't watched WWE in maybe seven or eight years, when did they start doing this and do they know how bad it is?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
So some Raw and Smackdown clips showed up in my YouTube recommended feed and I watched them. I was shocked I just how obvious and bad the fake audio crowd reactions are piped in. You'll hear a ruckus loud crowd but when you look into the crowd and everyone is sitting still. I haven't watched WWE in maybe seven or eight years, when did they start doing this and do they know how bad it is?
Fake crowd noises have been a thing for while in WWE, but it's definitely become even worse in recent years.
They think people watching are stupid, so I doubt they care.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It got really bad during the Thunderdome Era.