• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
who would have thought the corona virus pandemic would trigger the entire wrestling world teaming up to take down wwe

what a time to be alive

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Okada returning to an Impact ring when?
giphy.gif

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
The new Young Lion just had a super rough debut. Very early on the match was stopped with him clutching his arm in real pain while tended to by doctors. Uemura looking real worried for him. Horrible to see :(

Could be a torn bicep?

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
The new Young Lion just had a super rough debut. Very early on the match was stopped with him clutching his arm in real pain while tended to by doctors. Uemura looking real worried for him. Horrible to see :(

Could be a torn bicep?

Yea that was pretty weird. Happened like 30 seconds into the match, they were just doing some basic chain wrestling and he landed really awkwardly on his arm.

giphy.gif

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually looking forward to Gargano wrestling Kushida.

That is a wrestling match I might watch.

Johnny Takeover ain't just a nickname, folks.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Okadamerica isn't coming to AEW or Impact until they can run shows in states with an In-N-Out Burger.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Okadamerica isn't coming to AEW or Impact until they can run shows in states with an In-N-Out Burger.

They got 7 Five Guys in Jacksonville though.

If he wants the better burger, he knows where to go.

I love In-N-Out too, but if Five Guys were located in a city I lived in, I probably would die eating it every day. Best burger.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yea that was pretty weird. Happened like 30 seconds into the match, they were just doing some basic chain wrestling and he landed really awkwardly on his arm.

giphy.gif

As soon as I was looking for how this dude got injured, it was crystal clear this was the spot.

Dang shame. Gotta be really demoralizing that in your debut match you're hurt in seconds. Hope he recovers and he gets a quick gimmick that he has a super powerful arm other Young Lions try to armbar or something.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Taya Valkyrie, the longest reigning Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion in history, has signed with WWE for the NXT brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. She is expected to be part of the next announced class of signings. Last week, Paul Levesque touted that the next class of signings will have the largest quotient of female talents to date. Taya was at this past Wednesday's NXT TV taping.

Oct 8, 2019

Over 9 Years after she signed her initial WWE contract. She signed it but then never wrestled for them. Never really understood why. She had the look and had the training from Lance Storm

It obviously worked out for her for the better because ironically John Morrison left WWE right around the same time she got signed so if WWE kept her she wouldnt have met John Morrison in Mexico.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Dakota & Gonzalez win the meaningless trophy or I riot

That main event is looking like it has the potential to be what I like to call "the no build banger", where you start watching with no investment because it's not like they gave you much reason to and by the end you're hooked.
But saying that, it is Finn Balor so it could just end up being a three star classic instead

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
lol didn't realise two of the rAsCaLz were in NXT now. I take it they're not doing the annoying stoner bros gimmick anymore?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The NJPW x AEW partnership couldn't have come at a better time.

New Japan is in a tough spot when it comes to their main event picture. Ibushi had to defeat Okada, Naito, Jay White and Tanahashi to get to his current spot, aka the 4 hugely pushed main event superstars of New Japan. While I don't doubt that New Japan will run rematches against all 4 of those dudes, and do decent business, there's definitely a staleness there.

Sanada and Evil are pushed as main eventers but continue to feel either average or straight up boring.

Ishii and Suzuki continue to be treated like old men who couldn't possibly be in the main event picture. Such a shame because we've seen both Ishii and Suzuki draw 5 stars with Ibushi. It feels like Tanahashi is close to joining this club, too. Hilariously, they might be the three top workers in the entire promotion. fucking gedo.

The only exciting challengers I see realistically being booked vs Ibushi at this point are Shingo and Ospreay. Both have an upward trajectory at the moment and of course they can both deliver in the ring. Borderline interesting matchups include ZSJ, who Ibushi has faced a billion times but would still be a good ass match, and Taichi, as long as they just kick eachother for 30 minutes.

Bring AEW into the picture and we have some bangers just waiting to happen. Mox vs Ibushi would be huge. I wouldn't mind watching murder face Ibushi fucking kill Jericho. Ibushi vs Fenix is money. Ibushi vs Darby. Ibushi vs Hangman. Ibushi vs Pac. Ibushi vs Matt or Nick Jackson. Ibushi vs Dustin Rhodes. Ibushi vs Miro. IBUSHI VS STIIIIIIING

There's also the potential domino effect of taking some AEW guys and putting them in the NJPW Jr Heavyweight division. Jungle Boy, OC, Ricky Starks. This could allow guys like Hiromu, Sho and Ryu Lee to move up to the heavyweight division, all of which are capable of having absolute BANGERS with Ibushi.

Of course, the ultimate endgame here is Ibushi vs Omega, champion vs champion, lover vs lover, winner becomes god.

not god of pro wrestling. just GOD.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The NJPW x AEW partnership couldn't have come at a better time.

New Japan is in a tough spot when it comes to their main event picture. Ibushi had to defeat Okada, Naito, Jay White and Tanahashi to get to his current spot, aka the 4 hugely pushed main event superstars of New Japan. While I don't doubt that New Japan will run rematches against all 4 of those dudes, and do decent business, there's definitely a staleness there.

Sanada and Evil are pushed as main eventers but continue to feel either average or straight up boring.

Ishii and Suzuki continue to be treated like old men who couldn't possibly be in the main event picture. Such a shame because we've seen both Ishii and Suzuki draw 5 stars with Ibushi. It feels like Tanahashi is close to joining this club, too. Hilariously, they might be the three top workers in the entire promotion. fucking gedo.

The only exciting challengers I see realistically being booked vs Ibushi at this point are Shingo and Ospreay. Both have an upward trajectory at the moment and of course they can both deliver in the ring. Borderline interesting matchups include ZSJ, who Ibushi has faced a billion times but would still be a good ass match, and Taichi, as long as they just kick eachother for 30 minutes.

Bring AEW into the picture and we have some bangers just waiting to happen. Mox vs Ibushi would be huge. I wouldn't mind watching murder face Ibushi fucking kill Jericho. Ibushi vs Fenix is money. Ibushi vs Darby. Ibushi vs Hangman. Ibushi vs Pac. Ibushi vs Matt or Nick Jackson. Ibushi vs Dustin Rhodes. Ibushi vs Miro. IBUSHI VS STIIIIIIING

There's also the potential domino effect of taking some AEW guys and putting them in the NJPW Jr Heavyweight division. Jungle Boy, OC, Ricky Starks. This could allow guys like Hiromu, Sho and Ryu Lee to move up to the heavyweight division, all of which are capable of having absolute BANGERS with Ibushi.

Of course, the ultimate endgame here is Ibushi vs Omega, champion vs champion, lover vs lover, winner becomes god.

not god of pro wrestling. just GOD.
awesome thoughts. i'm skeptical we'll get anything so big, but if it did this is what i'd love to see.