• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 8, 2019
Its time for AEW to bust out Sting vs Muto for the championship, they already destroyed NXT and now they have to compete with Raw having Edge.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Castle Attack news coming out of NJPW's press conference.

New young lion debuting: Yuto Nakashima
WBiOiMo.png

IWGP Junior Belts being defended on Feb 25th.
YO3ApwE.png

Night 1 card
uEHuJYW.png

Night 2 card
5CuaJAD.png

It's notable that the night 2 match between Naito and Ibushi is just for the IC title so they might *finally* be separating the god damned belts.

Man, I really don't care about New Japan tag matches. Will definitely watch the major singles bouts from these shows, though.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Man Total Divas made Cena and Daniel Bryan come off kinda weird meanwhile Miz & Maryse are extremely likeable throughout that show and theirs(though theirs comes off even more scripted)

Kinda makes me want to go back and catch more of his wrestling.
Miz's show actually made me a fan of his because he comes off as so likeable.

Oct 8, 2019
The Lauren Boebert vs Stan Lane news is pretty insane by wrestling standards

Here's Jim Cornette talking about the paternity suit without knowing who Lauren Boebert is

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
For those interested, here is the first episode of New Japan's weekly TV show:

therokuchannel.roku.com

Roku

Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. With thousands of available channels to choose from.

The video quality/bitrate looks better compared to NJPW World

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
So apparently Cameron Grimes promo is actually kinda real and he actually did buy GME and AMC stock completely oblivious to the Stonks situations and managed to cash out on it.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Mutoh joins arguably the most elite club in pro wrestling now haivng all 3 of the 'big' belts.
only other people to do that are Takayama and Sasaki

Go for LIJ to replace EVIL

Last edited:

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

An even more hype moment involving Kenta than the forbidden door being opened.

Biggest "Wait a minute, what the fuck? What the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK?!" moment in wrestling in decades.

If only for that moment.

Shibata was my guy, is my guy, and I miss him dearly. The best I could hope for now is that the LA Dojo leads that company into the promised land.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Just when you think El Phantasmo can't look any uncooler than he already does.

He's solid but man does he have the anti-look.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely no chance Mayu signs with any western promotion and moves over here. She's talked about this kind of stuff in the past, and said that being outside of Japan for long periods of time severely impacts her mental well being.
maybe if WWE does another event in Japan. But yeah, I don't see Mayu coming into WWE. She's already dot it good in STARDOM.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
There is absolutely no chance Mayu signs with any western promotion and moves over here. She's talked about this kind of stuff in the past, and said that being outside of Japan for long periods of time severely impacts her mental well being.
I would feel the same way if I had wrestled in ROH's womens division.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Seeing that Bianca is the Royal Rumble winner. It would have been a no-brainer. Vince still keeps pushing her even in the most awkward of events.
Vince is absolutely convinced Charlotte is the face of the women's division despite being the least popular of the 4HW (and likely Asuka and Alexa as well) by a wide margin. Doesn't help that she sucks both as a face and a heel, and comes across as naturally unlikable, even in real life if what she wrote in her book is true about the Sasha/Charlotte belt hotshotting thing.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Vince is absolutely convinced Charlotte is the face of the women's division despite being the least popular of the 4HW (and likely Asuka and Alexa as well) by a wide margin. Doesn't help that she sucks both as a face and a heel, and comes across as naturally unlikable, even in real life if what she wrote in her book is true about the Sasha/Charlotte belt hotshotting thing.
True. Wait, Charlotte wrote a book withing her career? Most wrestlers would wait after their career was at their mid-point. I guess I should be surprised cause Jericho did the same thing.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
True. Wait, Charlotte wrote a book withing her career? Most wrestlers would wait after their career was at their mid-point. I guess I should be surprised cause Jericho did the same thing.

The explosion of wrestler books around the Attitude Era was put out by still active wrestlers. Hell those tend to be the most popular ones.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Also I have to imagine there are atleast some wrestlers that look at the US and go "I'm...not fucking living there. They're flinging poo at each other and setting everything on fire."

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

Yeah. I should mention I was mistaken about the belt flip flopping thing, the quote was actually referencing something earlier than that, and as for the quote in question, here it is from Charlotte defending herself in an interview about her running down Sasha in her book:

Not being as popular as Sasha at the time. She's one of the greatest performers today. She will go down as one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time. I don't want to say that necessarily that Sasha was mad, but Sasha is that competitive. That's why she brings out the best in me and I bring out the best in her is because she wants to be the best and I want to be the best. At that time if I was to put myself in Sasha's shoes: she had just come off Brooklyn against Bayley. One of the greatest matches. She probably in her mind thought "why isn't the title going to me?" I can't blame her for that. I just think it was hard for me knowing that I wish people could be more understanding that I needed the title to make me, and she didn't.

Emphasis mine.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm misinterpreting it, that quote almost sounds like Charlotte arguing she needed the title more so she could get over/cement herself while she considered Sasha already over by putting on those Bayley bangers.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
I've heard more Ric Flair name drops in Hip Hop than any other media.Even wrestling itself

Man exemplifies the words "drip" and "flex"

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, just saw the bit of Dynamite where Darby gets dragged off in a body bag, what really sold the moment for me is that the car has zoomed off into the distance, and then it cuts to Sting power walking up the ramp like he's just gonna catch up and maybe pull a WCW/NWO Revenge intro Truck stoppage