• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
what's the final card for Takeover?
  • Balor/Dunne for the NXT championship
  • Storm/Martinez/Shirai for the the Womens NXT championship
  • MSK/Grizzled Young Veterans in the Dusty Classic Finals
  • Shotzi & Moon / Kai & Gonzalez in the Women Dusty Classic Finals (winner gets a shot at Womens Tag Titles was revealed today)
  • Kushida/Gargano for the NA Championship.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Okada's gonna feud with EVIL next huh.

ok.

I guess there's time before Dominion where he takes the belt back from Ibushi.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
This is a fun Twitter thread.

Here's Jeff Hardy as Willow in Battlarts circa 1998 for some reason.

Booker T in Perros del Mal comes to mind

97815455_10156891247356249_968249288247214080_n.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
  • Balor/Dunne for the NXT championship
  • Storm/Martinez/Shirai for the the Womens NXT championship
  • MSK/Grizzled Young Veterans in the Dusty Classic Finals
  • Shotzi & Moon / Kai & Gonzalez in the Women Dusty Classic Finals (winner gets a shot at Womens Tag Titles was revealed today)
  • Kushida/Gargano for the NA Championship.

that sounds good

Oct 8, 2019

Why the hell does Triple H still do these when they have just become another opportunity to humiliate the company he works for.

Oct 8, 2019
He's a carny who learned well via his father-in-law.

There are people who buy this bullcrap like the guys on twitter constantly arguing that ratings are meaningless, and it doesnt matter that the guys that WWE are promoting as the future of the company are about 35 while the main eventers are all in their 40's.

Its pretty much an admission by WWE that instead of even bothering to try to expand their audience their goal is instead to try to make excuses so that the people who post about how great the lore for the Fiend is dont panic when AEW actually comes off as trying to gain new fans.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
There are people who buy this bullcrap like the guys on twitter constantly arguing that ratings are meaningless, and it doesnt matter that the guys that WWE are promoting as the future of the company are about 35 while the main eventers are all in their 40's.

Its pretty much an admission by WWE that instead of even bothering to try to expand their audience their goal is instead to try to make excuses so that the people who post about how great the lore for the Fiend is dont panic when AEW actually comes off as trying to gain new fans.
I mean AEW isn't exactly gaining new fans either. Their viewership is pretty stagnant, just like WWE. AEW will jump around from 700k to the mid 900ks, but rarely moves beyond that. The only show actually displaying growth at the moment is Smackdown.

I think we are all going to have to realize that wrestling is probably never going to have another boom period again in the west.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I mean AEW isn't exactly gaining new fans either. Their viewership is pretty stagnant, just like WWE. AEW will jump around from 700k to the mid 900ks, but rarely moves beyond that. The only show actually displaying growth at the moment is Smackdown.

I think we are all going to have to realize that wrestling is probably never going to have another boom period again in the west.

Pretty much. I'm posting more about wrestling on social media than I have in...ever?...but I'm not really turning new people onto AEW. (maybe 3-4 posts per year...I know most people don't care LOL) I'm just happy they're doing well enough to keep doing what they're doing.

Fully expecting AEW to be down from the 844k they hit last week due to Trump trial and Carano news last night.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Watching Hiromu vs. Sho. Massive respect to Hiromu for having an upgraded dad bod while still wrestling and presenting himself the way he does. <3

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

this kind of thing always drives me insane. sure, we all know TJP is a fucking shithead. well-established fact by now. but he's got a job that a lot of people would die for. he's already seeing other shitheads get fired for this... so what kind of fucking idea is it to then do the exact same thing. to like a reprehensible tweet. to let the world know you share this bigoted headspace. all you have to do is not like a tweet. and you can't even fucking manage that much.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
this kind of thing always drives me insane. sure, we all know TJP is a fucking shithead. well-established fact by now. but he's got a job that a lot of people would die for. he's already seeing other shitheads get fired for this... so what kind of fucking idea is it to then do the exact same thing. to like a reprehensible tweet. to let the world know you share this bigoted headspace. all you have to do is not like a tweet. and you can't even fucking manage that much.
Heh I was like "maybe he hope it won't be noticed" but he liked tons of tweets beside that one and I think one of his recent retweet is preeeetty bad too.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Little late on the Cornette tweet, but man, racist and homophobic?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
It's about Tyler Rex's transition into Gabbi, and how as Rex, he was an anti masker. And he was retweeted as calling Kenta a "Japanese Midget."

Oct 8, 2019

Its because they have equated politics with religion. Just like how you are to spread the gospel, they have to spread their views, and when someone criticizes those views they have to double down and become a martyr because it allows those views to become a smidge more normalized.

It's about Tyler Rex's transition into Gabbi, and how as Rex, he was an anti masker. And he was retweeted as calling Kenta a "Japanese Midget."

Jim Cornette constantly refers to every Japanese women's wrestler as a "Japanese School girl" no matter their age, or look because he decided that every single Japanese women's wrestler was Riho.

Last edited:

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I also found out Cornette's middle name is Mark. I usually don't go to that man's twitter, but I found out via google.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I mainly just watch WWE on Youtube these days but I saw Gamestop mentioned on Raw and the stocks and Dogecoin being front and center of a a promo on NXT this week. So how long until Carmella or whovever replaces Bianca's hair product with glue?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly just watch WWE on Youtube these days but I saw Gamestop mentioned on Raw and the stocks and Dogecoin being front and center of a a promo on NXT this week. So how long until Carmella or whovever replaces Bianca's hair product with glue?
ASAP since you know Vince changes the script at the last minute.

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
I'm glad to see a new Young Lion debut.

It's also weird as well seeing a NJPW card with so many singles matches that isn't a G1 Card or a Dome card.

On that front, seeing how that Castle Attack Night 1 card is so heavily CHAOS vs Bullet Club, I'd love to see an NJPW Faction tournament. Do a round robin between the different factions, with each card being dedicated to a specific Faction vs Faction.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Noah Budokan main event where their champion Go Shiozaki is defending the title against a 58 year old at their biggest show of the year....are we sure wwe didn't buy them?

Oct 25, 2017
Man Total Divas made Cena and Daniel Bryan come off kinda weird meanwhile Miz & Maryse are extremely likeable throughout that show and theirs(though theirs comes off even more scripted)

Kinda makes me want to go back and catch more of his wrestling.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
and the 58 year old beat Go for the championship. I'm now expecting news that Vince has been booking Noah all along.