• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Considering he's a face champion, in WWE's most struggle era, I think Drew's done about as well as he can.
Lacks that one great feud/FIVE STAR MATCH that puts his title run (or runs considering the 3 week Orton derail) on the map, reminds me a bit of the face stint of the year long CM Punk reign or even AEW's Moxley run where you've just got a fighting face champion defending against all comers without complaining or being the dreaded "jerk face".
Though they still gave him a bloomin' Ziggler feud because WWE just can't help themselves

Just to serve as a comparison point, Seth as a fighting face champ the year prior had the wheels fall off in record time and they needed to emergency heel turn him to try and salvage the guy. So yeah, Drew has been pretty solid.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Wikipedia's entry on Drew's time as champion makes it seem like he has a new feud literally every month, plus a weird hot shot loss to Orton

McIntyre made his first successful title defense against Big Show the following night on Raw,[SUP][282][/SUP] before moving onto a feud with Seth Rollins,[SUP][283][/SUP] leading to a championship match between the two at Money in the Bank, which McIntyre won.[SUP][284][/SUP] On 18 May episode of Raw, McIntyre started a feud with Bobby Lashley after Lashley and MVP observed McIntyre's match from the stage.[SUP][285][/SUP] At Backlash, he successfully defended the title against Lashley.[SUP][286][/SUP][SUP][287][/SUP] At The Horror Show at Extreme Rules, he retained the championship against Dolph Ziggler.[SUP][288][/SUP][SUP][289][/SUP] McIntyre then retained his WWE Championship against Randy Orton, first at SummerSlam in a singles match,[SUP][290][/SUP] and again in an Ambulance match at Clash of Champions.[SUP][291][/SUP] The following night on Raw, McIntyre issued an open challenge for the WWE Championship which was answered by a returning Robert Roode, who McIntyre defeated.[SUP][292][/SUP] On 9 October episode of SmackDown, McIntyre was the number one draft pick and was drafted to remain on the Raw brand.[SUP][293][/SUP] At the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view on 25 October, McIntyre lost to Orton in a Hell in a Cell match for the championship, ending his reign at 202 days.[SUP][294][/SUP]

On 16 November episode of Raw, McIntyre regained the WWE Championship after defeating Randy Orton in a no disqualification match, taking Orton's place to face the Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Survivor Series in an interbrand champion vs. champion match,[SUP][295][/SUP][SUP][296][/SUP] which McIntyre lost via technical submission following interference from Jey Uso.[SUP][297][/SUP][SUP][298][/SUP] McIntyre successfully defended the title against AJ Styles and The Miz who cashed in his Money in the Bank contract at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs in a triple threat Tables, ladders, and chairs match.[SUP][299][/SUP][SUP][300][/SUP] On 4 January episode of Raw, after successfully defending the WWE Championship against Keith Lee, McIntyre was confronted by the returning Bill Goldberg who challenged McIntyre to a championship match at the Royal Rumble, which McIntyre accepted the following week.[SUP][301][/SUP] At the event, McIntyre successfully retained the WWE Championship against Goldberg. On the February 1 episode, during his promo about his match at Royal Rumble, he was interrupted by men's Royal Rumble winner Edge and his friend Sheamus. Sheamus, however, turned on McIntyre after Sheamus attacked him with a Brogue kick. McIntyre then declared that Sheamus could challenge him anytime for his WWE title. On the February 8 episode of Raw, he was announced for a elimination chamber match for the WWE Championship alongside Randy Orton, Sheamus, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and The Miz at the Elimination Chamber event. Later that night, he wrestled at a non-title singles match against Randy Orton. He lost the match by disqualification after Sheamus interfered and inadvertently attacked Orton with a Brogue kick. Afterwards, McIntyre executed a Claymore kick on Sheamus.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Drew's reign has been mostly forgettable for me. None of his feuds have really been that compelling to me. I even feel like the Goldberg feud was wasted and extremely rushed. If the storyline had made any sense I would have enjoyed it more.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Which is weird because It's not like Drew is the best worker in a sea of mediocre to good workers like Bret was, nor does he have a rep for carrying anyone to a good match like Bret did.
I think it's mostly because he's generally one of the most 'agreeable' top faces they have. Like no one really hates or loves him too hard

Oct 8, 2019
When Cameron Grimes showed up rich I was hoping that they would have him get rich on gamestop and they fucking did it!

Yes!

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fun Twitter thread.

Here's Jeff Hardy as Willow in Battlarts circa 1998 for some reason.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
what in the name of fuck is that nxt clip

eh the 60 year olds will still show up next week either way

Oct 8, 2019
bruh this is straight up fu manchu racism without the moustache. asians being assaulted/murdered across the states and WWE channeling 100-year-old yellow peril caricatures.

Its certainly stereotypical as people who become corrpt trying to right a wrong is fairly common but I wouldnt compare it to the Yellow Peril because clearly a lot of effort has been put into this angle, and I cant imagine the wrestlers didnt have input mainly because I just dont see that level of creativity or effort anywhere else in WWE.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Ibushi doing a "knee strike" followed with his kamigoye.

thinking emoji

forbidden door

shattered, gutted, yadda yadda yadda

Oct 8, 2019
oh sorry I misspoke. It's not banned lol, WWE just blocks their content in my region.

and I'm in Pakistan.

I cant believe that Vince blocked WWE in Pakistan because Shahid Khan is from there

Vince: Call the head of Pakistan and in exchange for the execution of Shahid Khan we will put on a show for them
Triple H: Vince, Shahid Khan lives in Florida, and owns the Jacksonville Jaguars they have even more pull than us

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
P L E A S E
S T O P
I N T E R V I E W I N G
S T I N G
F O R
G O D S

S A K E

Main event was bonkers good though , allowed door go nuts.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Ducked in despite watching barely any wrestling this year to say the Rosa vs Baker match from Dynamite last week was fantastic. Best thing on the show.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of THE OLDS, specifically the old OLDS

In WWE it's a given, you'll never escape the ever dwindling nostalgia pops, we all agree it's a load of wank as I anticipate 2025 Ric Flair to be wheeled out in a life preservation pod with his head sticking out the top so he can still excrete approximately three tears to progress some variety of Charlotte storyline
But then I watch the tuber clip of AEDUB's main event and I've gotta witness Jake the struggle Roberts doing this 0.2 speed clothesline to take me right down from my potato high, dude was shambling around the ring prior like he was lost.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
The disrespect that Bushi showed Master Wato at The New Beginning in Hiroshima was digesting. My boy Wato best be coming at his neck next time they face.