• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Didn't Phil Spencer sort of nonchalantly mention that Control was coming to Game Pass, only for Remedy to almost immediately say it wasn't? I hope it is, in either case, as I was kind of holding off as a result of the performance issues, as well as the fact that Phil claimed it was coming to Game Pass. I mean, surely he wouldn't be wrong about something like that.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I could see March for RE 2 Remake to hype up and prepare people for RE 3 Remake in April.

Yeah, this plus the fact that Capcom seems to be one of the bigger third parties to throw behind Game Pass makes me think it's time. DMC5 was a 2019 release and was already added to Game Pass, may as well get around to current-gen REs to try and drum up interest in RE3, or just widen exposure. :)

I think all the calls about Control feel pretty solid, too. I'd even guess with the recent re-listing, Alan Wake will probably be added to Game Pass, too. And Ninja Gaiden II seems overdue, unless that was added some time ago and I completely missed it — I tend to use Game Pass very, very specifically and not so much on a discoverability level yet, so it's rare that I actually keep up with the full list and announcements.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
If you play a good amount of games, and can hold off buying new releases games pass is with out a doubt the best deal in gaming period. It's not even close. My biggest problem with games pass is I usually buy stuff too early. For the cost of 2 new game releases a year I can play so many games, it is absurd

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
If you play a good amount of games, and can hold off buying new releases games pass is with out a doubt the best deal in gaming period. It's not even close. My biggest problem with games pass is I usually buy stuff too early. For the cost of 2 new game releases a year I can play so many games, it is absurd
It's great on PC right now since few if any games leave. As they build up their library games will probably start rotating out though.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
It's great on PC right now since few if any games leave. As they build up their library games will probably start rotating out though.

The biggest negative is the rotation. But that only really hurts hardcore gamers that are constantly playing new releases with a big backlog. If you're a normal person. Games pass is unreal for the value. I'm a hardcore massive backlog guy, and its STILL worth it for me. Can' imagine it for a normal person.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
In January PC Game Pass got Frostpunk, FTL, A Plague Tale, Gris, Scourge Bringer and Sea Salt. Gris isn't available for consoles.

PC Game Pass is half the price of consoles. I don't get the complaining.

It's because Game Pass has competition on PC. A Plague Tale is on Origin Access for 6 months.

Nov 8, 2017
Really hoping for Control to hit. And at some point later in the year, DBZ: Kakarot. It's going to be a crazy year assuming PC doesn't unload a lot of the current library. So much good stuff to play! Just finishing up The Outer Worlds and now I have Gris and A Plague Tale right after, and by the time I'm done with those who knows what else will have been added. All leading up to Ori 2.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
PC Game Pass is half the price of consoles. I don't get the complaining.

I can understand it, but you're right its half the price and imo PC game pass seems to be getting some solid titles for a fair price.

With that said, hopefully it comes to PC game pass as well. More games for everyone is a good thing.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's because Game Pass has competition on PC. A Plague Tale is on Origin Access for 6 months.

On Premier, which costs $20 a month.

Really shows how much of a deal Game Pass on PC is right now. $5/month to play A Plague Tale and a ton of other titles including all of Microsoft's first party games on day on. EA's service is no where near offering the same at that price.

Did they not show off all the games for gamepass this year in some video snippet?

It's almost certainly only some of the games coming to Game Pass this year. There will be many others.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I remember watching that video up-thread a while back, but I didn't notice that all the FF and Yakuza titles were Console and PC! It'd be great if they were Play Anywhere (though I know FFVII and VIII aren't currently, while IX is...).

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
So uhhh we gonna get some love on the pc front or what? I had this for 3 months free but the games are kind of thin. Might let the service drop unless something gives. Hopefully we can get closer to the selection they have on console.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Yakuza coming to Game Pass next month or did they not nail down an exact time yet?