• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reuters is reporting that the chief for the Tokyo Olympics may need to resign over making sexist comments about women who are on the board of the Tokyo Olympics organizing committee:

Tokyo Olympics chief says he may need to resign as furore grows over sexist comments | Reuters

February 3, 2021

The president of the Tokyo Olympic organising committee said he may need to resign over sexist comments that women board members had difficulty speaking concisely, which was annoying, the Mainichi newspaper quoted him as saying on Thursday.

The 83-year-old Yoshiro Mori, a former Japanese prime minister and head of the Tokyo committee organising the postponed Summer Games this year, said he may step down if calls for his resignation continue.

"If we increase the number of female board members, we have to make sure their speaking time is restricted somewhat, they have difficulty finishing, which is annoying," said Mori at a Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC) board of trustees meeting, according to a report in the Asahi newspaper.

"We have about seven women at the organising committee but everyone understands their place."

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the thread title, that was not how I thought that sentence was going to end lol. Thought this was going to be the other furor over the Tokyo Olympics.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"See women just don't know how to shut up," says the man who doesn't know when to shut up.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of surprised he had the job in the first place since he was a mess as a politician. His approval rating dipped into the single digits as PM and he was forced to resign after a year.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost tempted to say this guy wants to get out and found a way/is encouraging it.

Hazmat

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
User Banned (3 Weeks): Inappropriate Joke; Account in Junior Phase
If I was in charge of the ticking time bomb that is the Tokyo olympics I'd be sexually harassing everyone and everything in sight to give me a way out.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dudes who publically say women are too emotional and/or inadequate for their respective profession are inherently showing themselves as being too emotional and inadequate for their respective profession.

Like, you're literally showing yourself as an incompetent ass who shouldn't have any position of power when you make those statements.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda confused. Did they change the article's title? The era thread title reads that the chief says he may need to resign but the article linked says he refuses to resign.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol the amount of old idiots from the 1800s saying shit like this is hilarious.

giphy.gif

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah my wife and my mother-in-law are furious. They're already super upset they're pushing the Olympics so hard this year despite covid. This moronic old pig just had to head the entire thing is icing on the shit cake.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I wonder what he says when its "locker room talk" for him. Of course only if he is called out smh.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
83 years old

Japanese

This has been ingrained into him for his whole life, nothing will change his mind.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
He apologized for the remarks but has already gone on record saying that he will not be resigning. Think it was just on the news a few hours ago.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That quote, christ.

I thought their going ahead at any cost the other day was enough to get someone sacked.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Dudes who publically say women are too emotional and/or inadequate for their respective profession are inherently showing themselves as being too emotional and inadequate for their respective profession.

Like, you're literally showing yourself as an incompetent ass who shouldn't have any position of power when you make those statements.
I can almost guarantee he's the kind of guy who loves to hear himself talk so much, he never shuts up during meetings as well.
(in my personal experience, it's always men and never women)

Daeoc

Oct 27, 2017
MA
I mean he might as well, he is 83, time to retire and enjoy what time he has left.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Last edited: