• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've spent the weekend catching up on the show. Finally finished season 5, which was probably a better watch as a marathon. It's a very frustrating watch because I like the characters and I generally love the positive and optimistic vibe of the show but it felt like nothing ever happened.

However, I'm on the fourth episode of the current season and aside from the hilariously ridiculous and stupid cold open to the second episode, it has been really damn good so far. Really enjoyed the Dwight/Al stuff and Dwight in general is just such a likeable character now. Enjoying the direction they took Morgan and it's nice to see Strand with an edge again.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Alicia this week bringing the stadium back up and mentioning that it's not far from where they are... 🤔

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really good episode tonight, glad to see some focus on Alicia and Charlie (well, more like a focus on Alicia, with Charlie just kind of being there I guess). It's a shame that the episode intended to be the midseason finale wasn't filmed in time for airing, but even so, this episode worked well enough as one I think, especially with the cliffhanger at the end. I think we might see the first major character death(s) in a long time when the show comes back on, considering how tense things are now.

Alicia this week bringing the stadium back up and mentioning that it's not far from where they are... 🤔
Yeah, that made me raise an eyebrow. I kind of wonder how they never ran into Virginia's groups if the stadium is somewhat close, but I probably shouldn't think too hard on it lol.

And I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I feel pretty confident in saying that I think at some point this season (probably towards the end), Madison is coming back. Chambliss and Goldberg apparently said that Madison returning is "definitely something we talk about" during an interview tonight, and with some stuff Gimple has said recently-ish, it just seems more like a "when" than an "if". Plus, yeah, the comment from Alicia about the stadium being nearby is pretty suspect. Even if Madison doesn't return, I think they're going back to the stadium for something at some point.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize that was the mid season finale. I thought they were filming the back half of the season when COVID hit but they were only halfway through episode 8.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
AMC's finally officially confirmed a seventh season:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The return of season six of Fear seems to be set for April, and season seven's finally been confirmed:

@TheWalkingDead on Twitter said:
BREAKING: #FearTWD Season 6 coming this Spring (probably April), #TWDWorldBeyond Season 2, #TWD Season 11, AND Fear Season 7 later this year!!

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I've never been down on this show like a lot of people. In fact, I've mostly enjoyed it more than the main show, except last season, but so far it's shaping up to be the best since S3.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the midseason premiere will debut a week early on AMC+, while subsequent episodes of the season will be watchable on Thursdays. They're copying the model that TWD is using at the moment. It's good to see, since it means the positive word of mouth about this season has them feeling confident about the rest of it. Excited for the show to come back on.

www.amcnetworks.com

AMC RELEASES NEW KEY ART & PROMO FOR FEAR THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 6B

Mid-Season Premiere Will Debut One Week Early on AMC+ AMC released today the official key art and a new promo for the highly-anticipated return of Fear the Walking Dead with the second half of season six, featuring nine episodes, premiering Sunday, April 11 at 9:00 pm/8c. In addition, AMC+ will...

AMC said:
AMC released today the official key art and a new promo for the highly-anticipated return of Fear the Walking Dead with the second half of season six, featuring nine episodes, premiering Sunday, April 11 at 9:00 pm/8c.

In addition, AMC+ will debut the first episode on Sunday, April 4 – one week ahead of its linear premiere. All subsequent episodes will debut early on the premium streaming bundle, every Thursday prior to the episodes' linear premiere on Sundays, beginning April 15.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the midseason premiere will debut a week early on AMC+, while subsequent episodes of the season will be watchable on Thursdays. They're copying the model that TWD is using at the moment. It's good to see, since it means the positive word of mouth about this season has them feeling confident about the rest of it. Excited for the show to come back on.

www.amcnetworks.com

AMC RELEASES NEW KEY ART & PROMO FOR FEAR THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 6B

Mid-Season Premiere Will Debut One Week Early on AMC+ AMC released today the official key art and a new promo for the highly-anticipated return of Fear the Walking Dead with the second half of season six, featuring nine episodes, premiering Sunday, April 11 at 9:00 pm/8c. In addition, AMC+ will...
Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we're getting another webisode series this year

Dead in the Water – A scripted series tying into Season 6 of Fear the Walking Dead and telling the story of a submarine crew fighting for survival.

Per Deadline

May 15, 2019
How do you all feel about the current season? I absolutely love it, I think it's the best Fear season since 3. I was not fan AT ALL of seasons 4 and 5.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly blah. It's not as insultingly terrible as S5, but it also doesn't seem like the writers are building up to anything that we haven't already seen several times before.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man this is such a quick turnaround. I thought they'd at least give us a week from the walking dead finale.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
They don't want us to cancel amc+
They really don't. Watch them rush world beyond to premiere as close to the end of fear as possible.

Also, amc+ is probably one of the best subs I have. The fact that it bundles so many services together is incredibly enticing. I think this, discovery+, and HBO Max /Netflix (just rotate out the other one) is really all consumers need.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They really don't. Watch them rush world beyond to premiere as close to the end of fear as possible.

Also, amc+ is probably one of the best subs I have. The fact that it bundles so many services together is incredibly enticing. I think this, discovery+, and HBO Max /Netflix (just rotate out the other one) is really all consumers need.

yeah I love shudder so much too

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
How do you all feel about the current season? I absolutely love it, I think it's the best Fear season since 3. I was not fan AT ALL of seasons 4 and 5.
Easily better than anything from season five, and most of season four (I did actually enjoy the first half of that one for the most part when I rewatched it recently, until Madison's death and the story that followed). Just hoping that the second half of the season holds up too.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Six, Part Two - Sundays on AMC/AMC+
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
SvOxd2T.png

Trailer

As Morgan's bid to free the remaining members of the group becomes bolder, Virginia grows increasingly desperate to find her sister and protect the settlements from forces working inside and outside her walls. The second half of Season Six reveals the impact of what living under Virginia's control has done to each person in this group, who once saw themselves as a family. New alliances will be formed, relationships will be destroyed, and loyalties forever changed. When everyone is forced to take sides, they discover the meaning of, "The End is the Beginning."

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Episode eight is out now on AMC+, gonna watch it in a few.

EDIT: impressions and spoilers below, do not read until you watch the episode

I'm fucking crushed, man. :(

That was not at all what I thought this episode would be, after how the last one ended, though that certainly isn't a bad thing. I wasn't expecting it to be so John-centric... and never in a thousand years did I think he would be the first main character of "new Fear" to die. That was fucking heartbreaking. It seemed like he might actually survive his wound, but... nope. Fuck Dakota.

Very good episode. Just... damn. I'm legitimately stunned that that happened. And the fact that June was the one to put him down...

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So do y'all think Garret Dillahunt wanted off the show, or did Chambliss and Goldberg kill John of their own accord? It's been a day since I watched the episode and I'm still stunned that they killed off possibly the most beloved character of the rebooted Fear. It's felt like they've been really hesitant to kill any of the main cast ever since Madison died, so for him to be the first one to go is just... Wow.

Whether they planned to do it or not, I think it's an interesting development that could cause a ton of changes for the other characters. I'm very interested in seeing the rest of the season.

Last edited:

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Wow

When the ep started I was like oh yea, he's cool and pretty much the main character of the show now. All his action scenes will be boring because he'll never die. 100% no joke I was thinking that when I started watching. Never saw the end coming at all. Actually crazy.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Wow

When the ep started I was like oh yea, he's cool and pretty much the main character of the show now. All his action scenes will be boring because he'll never die. 100% no joke I was thinking that when I started watching. Never saw the end coming at all. Actually crazy.
Yeah, I didn't think they would kill him off. He's probably the most popular character of the show nowadays, at least from what I've seen other people say in the past. Definitely top three at the very least, along with Morgan and Alicia. I'm really curious to see what the general reaction will be once this airs on AMC.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So do y'all think Garret Dillahunt wanted off the show, or did Chambliss and Goldberg kill John of their own accord? It's been a day since I watched the episode and I'm still stunned that they killed off possibly the most beloved character of the rebooted Fear. It's felt like they've been really hesitant to kill any of the main cast ever since Madison died, so for him to be the first one to go is just... Wow.

Whether they planned to do it or not, I think it's an interesting development that could cause a ton of changes for the other characters. I'm very interested in seeing the rest of the season.

I was wondering the same thing myself and the Inside the Episode didn't really provide anymore details on that

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Fuck that. Good episode, but he was by far the best character on the show. Nobody gives a fuck about most of the characters - kill one of them.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Fuck that. Good episode, but he was by far the best character on the show. Nobody gives a fuck about most of the characters - kill one of them.

This is where I'm at. Like, you can kill characters. It's a zombie apocalypse show and you don't want the audience to feel like there's a lack of tension because none of the main characters are ever going to die. I'm fine with John Dorie dying - in a vacuum. The problem is that he was far and away the best character on a show with only a small amount of worthwhile characters. I like Strand, Dwight, and June (though mostly because of her proximity to John. It'll be interesting to see how she changes as a result of his death). Alicia and Daniel were good in previous seasons, but have been entirely sidelined. Luciana who? The two trucker people are decent enough but I can never remember their names - Wes too. I legitimately forget Al even exists when she's not on screen. Morgan, Charlie, and Grace suck. Virginia is a cartoon villain who will probably be dead by the end of the season (I would be surprised if the show was interested in rehabilitating her like the Governor or Negan). Dakota was whatever until this episode, so we'll see if they'll do anything interesting with her moving forward.

The execution of John Dorie's exit was well done - his arc closed at a poignant moment and his death was legitimately something I think most didn't see coming; the audience wasn't ready to say goodbye and were left reeling - really, it was everything you could want for the death of a beloved character. But the show doesn't have many (or any) characters of the same caliber left and I don't have any confidence that the writers will be able to pick up the slack.

May 15, 2019
Without spoiling it, how was the episode? I didn't know if it was one to go rush and watch ASAP or if I can wait until episode 9 releases to do a 1-2 punch watch.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Without spoiling it, how was the episode? I didn't know if it was one to go rush and watch ASAP or if I can wait until episode 9 releases to do a 1-2 punch watch.
It was probably my favorite of the season, and maybe my favorite episode of the show since the soft reboot back in season four.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is where I'm at. Like, you can kill characters. It's a zombie apocalypse show and you don't want the audience to feel like there's a lack of tension because none of the main characters are ever going to die. I'm fine with John Dorie dying - in a vacuum. The problem is that he was far and away the best character on a show with only a small amount of worthwhile characters. I like Strand, Dwight, and June (though mostly because of her proximity to John. It'll be interesting to see how she changes as a result of his death). Alicia and Daniel were good in previous seasons, but have been entirely sidelined. Luciana who? The two trucker people are decent enough but I can never remember their names - Wes too. I legitimately forget Al even exists when she's not on screen. Morgan, Charlie, and Grace suck. Virginia is a cartoon villain who will probably be dead by the end of the season (I would be surprised if the show was interested in rehabilitating her like the Governor or Negan). Dakota was whatever until this episode, so we'll see if they'll do anything interesting with her moving forward.

The execution of John Dorie's exit was well done - his arc closed at a poignant moment and his death was legitimately something I think most didn't see coming; the audience wasn't ready to say goodbye and were left reeling - really, it was everything you could want for the death of a beloved character. But the show doesn't have many (or any) characters of the same caliber left and I don't have any confidence that the writers will be able to pick up the slack.
Yeah, I get wanting to have a big shakeup and shock viewers, but for a show that has been more miss than hit for the last few seasons it leaves me uncertain on the future. Admittedly this season has been an improvement so maybe they'll surprise me, but I have doubts...