• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I thought this episode was genuinely good, and you know how much I hated the last two seasons. I definitely recommend watching it. I just hope the rest of the season carries this quality.

Yeah, no reason not to.

I'll forever hold out hope that they reach the quality of S3 again, which is the best season in the TWD franchise alongside S9 of the main show.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Shit who knows lol. It had to get on land somehow, right?

I saw people online saying it was in Galveston Texas, which is like a weird island-thing, so I guess it's not entirely implausible that they could get it back to the ocean (with a lot of effort).

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I saw people online saying it was in Galveston Texas, which is like a weird island-thing, so I guess it's not entirely implausible that they could get it back to the ocean (with a lot of effort).
I could see the semis or Al's truck helping there.

Yo, can we talk about how useless bounty hunter dude's dog was? You see your master getting his ass kicked and you don't do a damn thing? Man's best friend my ass đŸ˜‚

Also, this episode was great. Not sure how I feel about Morgan surviving just like that. Or his new persona, but we'll see.

So I guess the chick with the baby is just gonna chill by herself and kill walkers while guarding the place?

Also, idk how they all haven't agreed to just call the zombies "the dead". Seems like the easiest thing.

Speaking of their names. I loved how when Dwight and John met, John did a double take when Dwight called Em Walker's. That's such a nice detail.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The season premiered to pretty strong L+SD ratings (see OP) - higher than any episode in 5.B and just about on par with the finale of 5.A.

That kind of ratings hold is honestly really impressive in this day and age!

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I really agree with all the positivity. It's an improvement over 5B, but certainly not something I would consider good.

I don't know what made me roll my eyes more:

1. The two of them taking on a fuck ton of zombies after all that build up of needing to sneak by and moments before Morgan barely being able to stand.

2. Morgan using his staff one handed to block a man swinging an axe two handed.

3. Pulling the 'Morgan is killing now!!!' schtick when TWD proper already did that. Sure I assume this time it won't devolve into him being unstable again, but they already played this card before so it doesn't really do much for me.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2 is up!

I have to say...this opening scene is one of the dumbest this show has ever done.

Edit:
Some really nonsensical zombie disposal tactics aside, the episode was decent. I'm glad Strand and Alicia have their personalities back (Strand gutting that dude to make a distraction was ruthless!) and also that Daniel was just faking his amnesia (I figured that was the case but with these writers you never know).

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Came here to say exactly this. What were they thinking? One of the most dumbest shit I've ever seen jesus christ.

I legit laughed when the person slid in like they were lying on a max speed treadmill or something.

It was a pretty decent episode otherwise though not as strong as last week. All of TWD shows have insanely stupid zombie tactics from the cast for quite awhile now so it's something you just have to deal with at this point, I guess.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Besides that ridiculous opening I thought this was another good episode. Strand killing Sanjay was brutal and I loved the ending with Daniel and Morgan shaking hands.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The opening scene and Ginny's whole army spiel were pretty stupid. The rest was okay.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw the new episode tonight. Really solid overall again, loved seeing Alicia and Strand together again like that. And I'll echo the sentiments re:Strand killing Sanjay lol.

Also didn't buy Daniel's amnesia for one minute. He and Morgan are gonna be great.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Another solid episode today.
Really, really liked the dynamic between Al and Dwight. I think pairing them together for the episode was a really good idea. I liked their trip through the building, and I'm glad we heard from Isabelle again, though it sucks that's all that happened. Was also surprised to see Sherry— we knew she was returning this season, but I didn't think it would be this episode.
So... That's three good episodes in a row. Is Fear finally back?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Dwight/Al dynamic was good, and this was probably the best episode so far of the season, but it still feels like the show is treading water.

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really good episode. Echoing what others said I really liked the dynamic between Al and Dwight.

Sherry!!!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Copying from the other thread:

Talking Dead is coming back sooner than previously announced. It now returns on November 1st (this Sunday), and it seems to be weekly again:

I wonder if the generally positive reception to Fear this season might've made them change their plans.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
What is the timeframe from last season to this one? I ask because the Dwight/Al dynamic made it seem like they've been on the road together and building a relationship for what seemed like years. lol

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty down on this series, even being less positive on the last couple of episodes than most here. That said, I really liked that episode. Probably one of my favorites since the first half of season 4.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
What a rebound this season has been compared to the last. Another great episode tonight, IMO.

Like Ratsky said though, the show seems to be treading water, but the character to character focus each week has been pretty great.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
John Dorrie episodes are always some of the best and tonight's was no exception!

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I'm pretty down on this series, even being less positive on the last couple of episodes than most here. That said, I really liked that episode. Probably one of my favorites since the first half of season 4.

I have felt the same so far this past season, until last week's episode when Dwight reconnects with Sherry. It was such a good episode. Didn't get a chance to watch tonight's episode and plan to tomorrow so hoping its good.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Another great episode, color me shocked that they managed two not just good but great ones back to back. That said I can't help but feel the key plot line is building up to something asinine lol

John Dorrie episodes are always some of the best and tonight's was no exception!
Yeah, despite mostly being around for the rancid stretch of this show he's one of, if not the, best characters on the show

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
God damn. Really good episode today.

Was really surprised when Virginia got bit. Was even more surprised that June almost let her die from it.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently, this midseason finale won't be released early on AMC+ and AMC Premiere. Really, really interested in seeing what's up their sleeves.

Apparently previews have said that there'll be something in the episode that we haven't seen since season four. People on Reddit seem to be convinced it's Madison returning, which I would absolutely LOVE, but I don't see it happening yet. My guess is a major character is going to die. I think the last one to die was... well, Madison. Or Nick, if Madison ends up being alive after all. (Which she better be, god damn it— her "death" was total bullshit lol)