• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Fear the Walking Dead returns for its sixth season Sunday, October 11 at 9/8c. The sixth season consists of 16 episodes, with 8 airing this fall and 8 airing sometime next year.

AMC said:
Season six of 'Fear the Walking Dead' explores what has become of the unlikely family once united by a mission to help those in need. After being torn apart by Virginia and her Pioneers, the group is now dispersed across her far-reaching settlements. Morgan's last message at the end of season five implored the group to "Just Live" and this season we'll see what that means to each of them. Some will find the stability and opportunity within Virginia's communities to be intriguing, some will sink into darkness, while others will fight back against what has been forced upon them. Life behind Virginia's walls will test each and every one of them in different ways, forcing them to define who they are in this new world.

Cast

The cast also includes:

Danay Garcia as Luciana
Mo Collins as Sarah
Daryll Mitchell as Wendell
Karen David as Grace
Colby Minifie as Virginia
Christine Evangelista as Sherry

Videos

Season Six Trailer
Fear the Walking Dead Comic-Con@Home Panel

Links

The Walking Dead Season 10 Thread
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Thread
Fear the Walking Dead Season Five Thread
SPOILERS The Walking Dead TV show leak and comic book thread SPOILERS

Photos

OoUHX4j.png

4TNJiHW.png

DYTBEiy.png

98M8fUW.png

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

Season Three:

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.4 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.6 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.4 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 9 & 10: 2.1 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 11: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 18-49 rating
Episode 12: 2.0 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 13: 2.4 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 14: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 15 & 16: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating

Season Four:

Episode 1: 4.1 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 3.1 million viewers and 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.3 million viewers and 0.8 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.0 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.3 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 1.9 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 1.9 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 1.8 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 1.5 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 1.7 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 1.9 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 16: 2.1 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating

Season Five:

Episode 1: 2.0 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 1.8 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 1.4 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 1.6 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 1.3 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 1.3 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 16: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating

Season Six:

Episode 1: 1.6 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 1.3 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 1.2 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 1.3 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 1.1 million viewers and 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 1.0 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 1.0 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 940K viewers and 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 872K viewers and 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 16: 1.0 million viewers and 0.2 A18-49 rating

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT as usual Ratsky. :D

Probably better than the season will end up being

Gotta stock up on the booze before the first episode hits this weekend. I'm not expecting it to be any good... but the basis for the season sounds decent, so we shall see. I dare not get my hopes up though. You know what it is.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like

Episode 1 = Morgan
Episode 2 = Alicia and Strand
Episode 3 = Al and Dwight
Episode 4 = John Dorrie
Episode 5 = Dwight, Sherry, Morgan
Episode 6 = June and Virginia
Episode 7 = Strand, Alicia, and Charlie

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like

Episode 1 = Morgan
Episode 4 = John Dorrie
Weird that none seem to focus on Daniel too? Also, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing episodes two, three, five, and seven.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that none seem to focus on Daniel too? Also, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing episodes two, three, five, and seven.

I'm just going off of the official descriptions, but I think we have to assume Daniel, Luciana, Sarah, Wendell, etc will be sprinkled throughout the various episodes as well.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going off of the official descriptions, but I think we have to assume Daniel, Luciana, Sarah, Wendell, etc will be sprinkled throughout the various episodes as well.
Yeah, you're right. Also, I forgot that Luciana, Sarah, and Wendell exist.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Madison is going to rise from the stadium ground like

Connie in TWD.

Well, probably not.
With how much older fans of Fear have consistently asked for her to return, I can't help but wonder if / hope that there have been behind-the-scenes talks with Kim Dickens about her returning to her role in the future, even if in a limited capacity.

Please just bring her back, AMC. ;;

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just started s5, WTF at this plane crash and dumbass kid trying to shoot his gun. Also, this show overuses the "somebody gets impaled in a vehicle crash" trope.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to pop in to say that y'all are some bold faced liars lol. S5 is far better than s4. On ep 5 right now... Unless part two is where the nose dive hits??

Also, AL and her obsession with her camera is super annoying.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to pop in to say that y'all are some bold faced liars lol. S5 is far better than s4. On ep 5 right now... Unless part two is where the nose dive hits??

Grab some candy beansies, get your beer and balloons, and strap in for the rest of the season.

(I will say episode five is probably my favorite of the season though)

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I think that's the last good episode of the season. Maybe one or two more semi-decent ones? Good luck!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

I'm actually looking forward to seeing more of her this season. I rewatched the season five finale last night and found myself enjoying her presence. I kind of love how she portrays Ginny.

Also cool to hear that Ginny and Strand will have a lot of screen time together. Looking forward to seeing them interact.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Grab some candy beansies, get your beer and balloons, and strap in for the rest of the season.

(I will say episode five is probably my favorite of the season though)
I think that's the last good episode of the season. Maybe one or two more semi-decent ones? Good luck!
Yall don't do this to me lol.

Finished first half of the season. It was good! The new kids were annoying, as is Luciana. Luci isn't annoying because of her character, it's just that they don't seem to know what to do with her. Idk why she's still here to be honest. I hope they give her some sort of purpose other than babysitter. Morgan was pretty reasonable this half of the season, which was great. Everyone got some time to shine and remind you of why they're here. Seeing Daniel back out a smile on my face. The cop out on the wheelchair dude's death was annoying, but oh well. Is the actor actually wheelchair bound?

Started ep 9. A few mins in. I'm really enjoying this whole documentary approach! We're finally getting some interesting usage from Al's camera! It's hilarious how the new kids just up and disappeared. I expect them to pop up later in the episode, but I'm still laughing at how they're nowhere to be found during the intros. Morgan and Alicia doing a kata together was so wholesome. Put a smile on my face.

I feel like leaving Logan behind is gonna bite them in the ass. Also, Grace coming along also seems like a bad idea? Being around someone with radiation poisoning can get others infected, can't it?

Oh this show really needs to get better at teasing the next season or next half. Last season they teased this one as "helping people" absolutely nothing exciting about that, especially after we just got done dealing with Martha's annoying ass. Then the tease for the second half of season 5 is "we need to save the gas network for people" is slightly more exciting but not enough to make me want to watch this half. Either way, I have a little bit of faith that it'll be decent. Doubt this show will ever hit the highs of s3, but S5 is certainly a step up from s4 so far.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like AMC isn't allowing Forbes early access to review episodes this time around. And I'm trying to find a source, but folks on Reddit are saying that instead of AMC+ and Premiere subscribers getting 48-hour early access to new episodes, the episodes won't be available to watch until Sunday mornings this season.

We're off to a great start this season!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like AMC isn't allowing Forbes early access to review episodes this time around. And I'm trying to find a source, but folks on Reddit are saying that instead of AMC+ and Premiere subscribers getting 48-hour early access to new episodes, the episodes won't be available to watch until Sunday mornings this season.

We're off to a great start this season!
That latter part really sucks and makes no sense.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That latter part really sucks and makes no sense.
Still trying to confirm if it's true or not. Having trouble finding where people are getting it from.

EDIT: It's official:

www.amcnetworks.com

LARGEST COLLECTION OF HORROR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION BUNDLE AMC+

OVER 1,000 HOURS OF HORROR CONTENT FROM AMC, SHUDDER AND IFC MIDNIGHT Subscribers Have Early Access to All Series in The Walking Dead Universe, Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2 and the Best Horror Movies and Docs From IFC Midnight and Shudder, Including Two New Shudder Specials – The...

Subscribers will have access to new episodes of all three series within The Walking Dead Universe, including Season 6 of Fear the Walking Dead every Sunday morning, ahead of the series' linear premieres that night at 9pm ET/8c, and new episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond every Thursday, ahead of the linear premieres Sundays at 10pm ET/9c. In addition, all episodes of The Walking Dead Season 10 are currently available on AMC+ to stream ad-free.
So we get episodes of World Beyond on Thursdays, and Fear on Sunday mornings.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to confirm if it's true or not. Having trouble finding where people are getting it from.

www.amcnetworks.com

LARGEST COLLECTION OF HORROR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION BUNDLE AMC+

OVER 1,000 HOURS OF HORROR CONTENT FROM AMC, SHUDDER AND IFC MIDNIGHT Subscribers Have Early Access to All Series in The Walking Dead Universe, Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2 and the Best Horror Movies and Docs From IFC Midnight and Shudder, Including Two New Shudder Specials – The...
That really, really sucks. At least World Beyond is up now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

www.amcnetworks.com

Gotta try and contain spoilers for what will surely be a wonderful season.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

It could be due to their existing deal with Hulu

or

they weren't happy with the back to back WD/WD: WB performance last week on AMC+ and want to give the shows space to breathe

or

they want to give Walking Dead fans 2 reasons to sign into the AMC+ app per week instead of just 1 (thus increasing the odds of them discovering new content they'll get hooked on)

or

Madison is back and they're trying to contain spoilers 👀

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even play like that Ratsky! Though I guess it would be an easy way to try and buy back positive sentiment lol

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
or

Madison is back and they're trying to contain spoilers 👀
tenor.gif

it's probably a mix of "we need to spread it out so people check in more often" and "oh god this season is going to suck again and we need to keep early negative reactions as close to the TV airing as possible"

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished ep 13. This definitely felt like a finale. Not sure why it wasn't. Kinda sad Logan is gone. Dude could've had a nice little turnaround.

Is Luciana's actress busy or did they just run out of stuff for her to do? Girl's been largely MIA for these last two seasons. I feel like she might as well have died with Nick. Interested in seeing if they really do anything with her and the banditos.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with Season 5! I liked it! Surprisingly enough, they made this whole "helping people" thing work! This season was A LOT better than season 4. I'm so happy about that. The characters were on point, the action was eh, but at least Morgan wasn't acting a fool all the time.

That confrontation between Morgan and Grace was tense! Cannot wait to see how things pan out next season. Just watched the trailer. Having Morgan's final speech as one of the only talking points was a really nice touch. New black guy seemingly replacing Morgan kinda bothers me, but we'll see what happens.

So, why didn't people like season 5, exactly?

Looks like

Episode 1 = Morgan
Episode 4 = John Dorrie
Ah yes, the Skins approach lol.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The new episode is up.

It was okay, I guess. It was a slow moving episode with a structure (and plot beats) that will be very familiar to anyone who's seen a WD show before.

"Morgan Jones is dead. You're dealing with someone new now"

I'm a fan of this IF they actually commit to it. He ditched his spear/bo staff and has a cool looking axe as his new primary weapon; he chopped a dude's head off; he isn't being a lame preachy "peace and love will unite humanity" cult leader. We'll see how long this lasts.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the episode.

What the fuck. It was great, and that was not the reaction I expected to have. I think it was a really good start to the season.

"Morgan Jones is dead. You're dealing with someone else now." I said god damn. I really like this new Morgan. I was a little bothered that he survived the season five finale, but if the eventual scene showing someone (Sherry?) rescuing him is believable, and if they actually keep making him an interesting character again, I won't mind it in the end. He's right where he should be: not a pacifist, but also not "I need to clear" Morgan.
The new episode is up.

It was okay, I guess. It was a slow moving episode with a structure (and plot beats) that will be very familiar to anyone who's seen a WD show before.

"Morgan Jones is dead. You're dealing with someone new now"

I'm a fan of this IF they actually commit to it. He ditched his spear/bo staff and has a cool looking axe as his new primary weapon; he chopped a dude's head off; he isn't being a lame preachy "peace and love will unite humanity" cult leader. We'll see how long this lasts.
Yeah, hopefully they can stick to it and don't end up having a change of heart. The "all life is precious" and "we have to help" mentality was really aggravating the last few seasons. Hopefully all of the characters go back to having some sense.

Also, YESSS the hat and axe are badass. And I loved the part where he sent a message to Ginny using the bodies and the hunter's head, lol. Very awesome.

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the episode.

What the fuck. It was great, and that was not the reaction I expected to have. I think it was a really good start to the season.

"Morgan Jones is dead. You're dealing with someone else now." I said god damn. I really like this new Morgan. I was a little bothered that he survived the season five finale, but if the eventual scene showing someone (Sherry?) rescuing him is believable, and if they actually keep making him an interesting character again, I won't mind it in the end.

Yeah, hopefully they can stick to it and don't end up having a change of heart. The "all life is precious" and "we have to help" mentality was really aggravating the last few seasons. Hopefully all of the characters go back to having some sense.

Also, YESSS the hat and axe are badass. And I loved the part where he sent a message to Ginny using the bodies and the hunter's head, lol. Very awesome.

Stop giving me hope! I'm going to watch it sometime this week.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So uh, Gimple straight-up teased that we might see Madison again in the future. Doesn't sound like it'll be on Fear though.

undeadwalking.com

TWD at NYCC: Scott M. Gimple teases a possible Madison Clark return

The comments section during the World Beyond virtual panel at NYCC revealed some tantalizing hints about a possible return for Madison Clark.

If you've been following the virtual New York Comic Con panels then you know that the comments section has featured appearances from various TWD cast members. During the World Beyond panel. Chief Creative Officer Scott M. Gimple was asked about a possible return for Fear the Walking Dead's Madison Clark, and his response was interesting.

User "Eurech" posted a message in the comments section about wanting to see Madison Clark show up on World Beyond with the mysterious CRM.

Here's what Gimple had to say: "All I can say is that there's some possibilities. With Tales [of the Walking Dead] and beyond. (But not Beyond)."

Without promising anything, Gimple hints that the new anthology series Tales of the Walking Dead – which will feature current, new and past members of the TWD Universe – could be a home for a Madison Clark story. His comment "not Beyond" seems to rule out an appearance in the latest spin-off World Beyond, but it opens up the possibilities of more places for Madison to show up in other places across the TWD Universe.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, Gimple straight-up teased that we might see Madison again in the future. Doesn't sound like it'll be on Fear though.

undeadwalking.com

TWD at NYCC: Scott M. Gimple teases a possible Madison Clark return

The comments section during the World Beyond virtual panel at NYCC revealed some tantalizing hints about a possible return for Madison Clark.
Hmm, what would she be doing on tales though? We saw all of her story. Also, do we know if she's actually dead? Can't remember if we saw a body or not.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, what would she be doing on tales though? We saw all of her story. Also, do we know if she's actually dead? Can't remember if we saw a body or not.

They showed her lock herself into the stadium and start to get surrounded by zombies as the fire began, but we never saw her after that, not even her body. She could've climbed the fence that she was backed up against, so they have an easy way out of that decision if they do want to bring her back.

They could show us a story set in the past though. Maybe showing us when she killed her dad, or something closer to the start of Fear's first season. If they do end up showing us that she actually survived after her "death" scene though, then I'd prefer it to be on Fear, not Tales. I really want her back with everyone else, interacting with both the old and new characters.

Especially since it seems like they might be going back to the characters having some sense again instead of cherishing all life at their own expense.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
i want madison back as much as anyone but she basically has abandoned alisha for years at this point. Lol. Still I will accept it at this point.

Episode could have been worse, especially a morgan episode, was only bored 50% of the time. Strand and alisha episode could be great.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
That... was a really good episode.

Hopefully this season keeps the same momentum and this show might be redeemed somewhat.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That episode was pretty good. The Headhunter guy was a cool villain, and Morgan is hopefully back to being a good character.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That was a pretty good ep and set of encounters, especially liked the ending.

Looks like

Episode 1 = Morgan
Episode 4 = John Dorrie
Oh interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. I watched this new episode after years of not watching Fear. Now I have to catch up on the episodes I missed because this was so good that I want to know how we got here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

They showed her lock herself into the stadium and start to get surrounded by zombies as the fire began, but we never saw her after that, not even her body. She could've climbed the fence that she was backed up against, so they have an easy way out of that decision if they do want to bring her back.

They could show us a story set in the past though. Maybe showing us when she killed her dad, or something closer to the start of Fear's first season. If they do end up showing us that she actually survived after her "death" scene though, then I'd prefer it to be on Fear, not Tales. I really want her back with everyone else, interacting with both the old and new characters.

Especially since it seems like they might be going back to the characters having some sense again instead of cherishing all life at their own expense.

He "death" was absolutely shot in a way in case they wanted to bring her back. I hope they do.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Being told this was actually good. Guess I gotta finish the previous season then.
I thought this episode was genuinely good, and you know how much I hated the last two seasons. I definitely recommend watching it. I just hope the rest of the season carries this quality.

He "death" was absolutely shot in a way in case they wanted to bring her back. I hope they do.
Yuuuup. I just hope Kim Dickens is open to the idea. Wouldn't blame her if she isn't.