• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Fear the Walking Dead returns for its fifth season Sunday, June 2 at 9/8c. The fifth season consists of 16 episodes and will be split into two halves, as usual. The second half of the season will air later this year, most likely in September.

AMC said:
In Season 5, the group's mission is clear: locate survivors and help make what's left of the world a slightly better place. With dogged determination, Morgan leads the group with a philosophy rooted in benevolence, community and hope. Each character believes that helping others will allow them to make up for the wrongs of their pasts. But trust won't be easily earned.

Their mission of helping others will be put to the ultimate test when our group finds themselves in uncharted territory, one which will force them to face not just their pasts but also their fears. It is only through facing those fears that the group will discover an entirely new way to live, one that will leave them forever changed.

Cast

The cast also includes:

Danay Garcia as Luciana
Mo Collins as Sarah
Daryll Mitchell as Wendell
Karen David as Grace
Matt Frewer as Logan

Videos

Season 5.A trailer
Behind the Scenes on season 5

Links

The Walking Dead season 9 thread
Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Part 1 thread
Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Part 2 thread
SPOILERS The Walking Dead TV show leak and comic book thread SPOILERS

Photos

Ht3Q4pz.jpg

gwC0VMx.jpg

fiZQ1Ib.jpg

73qV8XF.jpg

qmjDby0.jpg

L + SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

Season Three:

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.4 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.6 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.4 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 9 & 10: 2.1 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 11: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 18-49 rating
Episode 12: 2.0 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 13: 2.4 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 14: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 15 & 16: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating

Season Four:

Episode 1: 4.1 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 3.1 million viewers and 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.3 million viewers and 0.8 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.0 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.3 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 1.9 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 1.9 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 1.8 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 1.5 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 1.7 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 1.9 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 16: 2.1 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating

Season Five:

Episode 1: 2.0 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 1.8 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 1.7 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 1.4 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 1.6 million viewers and 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 1.1 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 1.3 million viewers and 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 1.3 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 16: 1.5 million viewers and 0.4 A18-49 rating

Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I only saw about half of season 4 before completely losing interest. I will give this new season a try! John Dory's episode is still the best from last season.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Morgan is really grating.

The second half of last season was sooo bad, like a different show.

I'll give it another go but may drop it. Feel another cull is on the cards.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Did this end up doing anything new as far as showing the very beginning of the zombie apocalypse? Like is it at all convincing how the collapse happens?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
First half of S4 was awesome and almost like a soft reboot, but they completely ruined it with an absolutely terrible second half.

Not holding my breath for this season but hope I get unexpectedly surprised.

And as usual AMC marketing just being atrocious with that college intern-tier banner. Seriously, do Victor and Alicia turn into fucking super heroes this season or something? Those poses are ridiculous.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did this end up doing anything new as far as showing the very beginning of the zombie apocalypse? Like is it at all convincing how the collapse happens?

They really blew through it where the outbreak came and went within half of the first season iirc. There's plenty of new aspects the show not seen in TWD and you do see the impact across different communities in a way no shown typically in other media, but how it spread and the initial responses are sort of brushed over in a throwaway line or two here and there. The collapse isn't nonsensical, but it's just hardly there to be judged.

The second half of season 4 fell flat for me, so I'm hoping 5 returns to the quality that had it heads and shoulders above the main show for a long while.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if they could have done anything to actually make the zombie apocalypse convincing given that the inherent premise of a zombie apocalypse is dumb and unbelievable and would have to rely on literally everyone behaving like they're in a horror movie for any of it to come together.

That said, they do a few interesting things early on where they kind of suggest an apocalypse slowly unfolding on the margins of society, but once shit goes down, the characters retreat to a safe space to ride it out so most of the major societal collapse stuff happens off screen. A budget saving measure, to be sure, but it would also be the smartest thing for anyone to do in an actual zombie apocalypse. Zombie media has always struggled with striking a balance between "characters acting smart so it's still quasi believable" and "characters acting dumb so we get cool zombie scares" and Fear the Walking Dead is no exception.

And as usual AMC marketing just being atrocious with that college intern-tier banner. Seriously, do Victor and Alicia turn into fucking super heroes this season or something? Those poses are ridiculous.

As usual?

That banner/poster is hilarious.

Yeah, I got a good laugh out of it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously optimistic about this season. It will likely never reach the heights of season three again, but hopefully it's at least enjoyable to some extent, unlike the mostly terrible season 4B.

Also, obligatory "please bring back Madison"

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this is coming on in two days. I somehow forgot about it even though this thread went up a few days ago.

Any hype?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
They're bringing Troy back? How?
That was a rumor from a few months ago that came alongside a report regarding Daniel being brought back. However, as time has passed, it's looking more likely that it was an error on the reporter's end. There haven't been any sightings of his actor on set, and while actors and AMC eventually confirmed the rumors of Daniel and Dwight returning, they have said Troy is not returning.

Unless something changes, Troy is still hella dead.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even finish last season i think i got to episode 8 or something. Have they still got the same showrunners/writers? If so not going to bother with this trash heap.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Stopped watching ever since Nick died.
Morgan should just go back to the Walking Dead crew and stop fucking around...

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Honestly, the show is worth it for John Dorie alone. That man can act, and his bottle episode last season was phenomenal.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Not an awful premier, but at the same time everything starts to feel same-y. At some point you should probably stop helping people and just build your community and have people find you.

I mean, it's insane to imagine Morgan and crew would fly a fucking plane to reach someone they don't even know.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
I am so fucking frustrated by the pacing of the episode, and the actions of everyone except the new kids..

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Not an awful premier, but at the same time everything starts to feel same-y.

Yeah, I felt like I'd seen that one before. Still, it looks like they might be doing something with radiation/nuclear silos this season with the sign Alicia found, not to mention that the linked 3 ring symbol Al found on the papers at the end is the same symbol that was on the helicopter that took Rick and Jadis away in S9 of TWD...

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I enjoyed it. More action than I was expecting. My prediction from last year that Daniel would recruit and army and be the villian this season might be true.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads-up for anyone watching the show: AMC Premiere has the full episodes 48 hours before they air this season, so they become available on Friday night. Be wary of spoilers if you wait until Sunday night to watch.

And on a related note, I have a question for RatskyWatsky: since AMC is making the episodes available to watch legally on Fridays, are we good to discuss new episodes in this thread from then until Sunday's TV airing as long as we use spoiler tags?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Great, another same old shit bad guy.

It's like I haven't seen this before in previous seasons of both shows.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Great, another same old shit bad guy.

It's like I haven't seen this before in previous seasons of both shows.

What's dumb is that there's zero reason for conflict.

So the new bad guy (I don't even remember his name) was a trucker friend of the guy who had that denim factory and was helping people and apparently owned it or something before the outbreak (as if that means anything now). That place is fucking HUGE. He knew Morgan and crew were good people wanting to help others, why not just go there and just share this giant denim factory?

I'm hoping that's not the conflict, I think it's just the writers doing that to set them up to find the armored walkers and tease the nuclear bit more.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the episode. Seemed like a decent start to the season, and I'm glad to see Alicia taking up more of a leader role in the group, working alongside (and challenging) Morgan. Plus, Strand's reaction to Daniel's tape was pretty good. Wonder if they'll actually talk about what transpired at the dam when they inevitably meet.

Also, I guess the Helicopter People™ took Al, and she'll eventually meet Rick Grimes... Is that really the last we're going to see of her this season?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Second episode was underwhelming. It kinda feels like the show is just going through the motions right now. Hopefully something more comes of the
radiation stuff down the line, because that storyline seems to have wrapped up way too quickly.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Second episode was underwhelming. It kinda feels like the show is just going through the motions right now. Hopefully something more comes of the
radiation stuff down the line, because that storyline seems to have wrapped up way too quickly.

Waiting until tomorrow to watch but it's disappointing if that's the case.

At this point I would be totally fine ending the show after this season and somehow have one cast member or Morgan just going back to TWD and converging the plots or something.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm enjoying the start to this season. Between Fear and Chernobyl and replaying Fallout 4 for the first time in 2 years I'm really itching for a big budget Fallout series.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I liked that one - John Dorie and June episodes are always the best. The Old West setting was fun and it was nice to see Dwight again (and I'm relieved that he's not an antagonist). The twist at the end was interesting as well.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked that one - John Dorie and June episodes are always the best. The Old West setting was fun and it was nice to see Dwight again (and I'm relieved that he's not an antagonist). The twist at the end was interesting as well.
I was half paying attention so didn't understand the twist properly.. So does it mean that
kids are the bad guys? Why are they even doing it for?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Agreed on all points. Dwight is a good tragic figure but he had no more room for growth on the parent show. Despite all the high profile exits the show has a strong core cast.

LOL at Alicia talking about losing her mother and brother but forgetting about Travis.

Last edited:

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's silly how much fresh this feels than the main series. And I'm not even half way through the first episode of the season :/

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched the second and third episodes, and I'll be damned. The quality of the first episode is actually staying around. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually enjoying Fear again. Still feels lighthearted like season four did, but I think it's being handled better this time.

Consider me cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.