• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I swear I'm the only person in the world who thinks Birthright is better in all ways to its counterparts. It at least makes sense plotwise, and you don't feel rushed.

Really hope it's not the only time you'll get to play as a non-European-style nation, either, very sad Three Houses is back to just. Three psuedo-Europe factions. Bleh. Gimme more pseudo-Japans, or pseudo-China, something.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Map designs wise Conquest and Birthright are equally good, but Birthright lacks the varieties while Conquest lacks the creative in designs and enemies placing, one has a plus that the other doesn't have
Conquest also has more enemies with unique skills and placement taking advantage of that, while in Birthright they generally just have stat numbers. The only thing Birthright has that Conquest doesn't is spamming enemy reinforcements, which isn't really a fun design choice.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Fire Emblem is one of my favourite series so I'm really happy with it's recent resurgence. Here's hoping that Three Houses can continue to build on the success so far.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Financially? Yes.

Historically? Metroid is at least as significant for essentially pioneering a new genre (which Fire Emblem also did).

If Kusakihara is anywhere near and Elibe duology remake, I will riot.
History does not matter much when you can not sell, I speak of today

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I'm the only person in the world who thinks Birthright is better in all ways to its counterparts. It at least makes sense plotwise, and you don't feel rushed.

Really hope it's not the only time you'll get to play as a non-European-style nation, either, very sad Three Houses is back to just. Three psuedo-Europe factions. Bleh. Gimme more pseudo-Japans, or pseudo-China, something.

Birthright definitely has the most coherent story out of the Fates games, because it doesn't veer wildly from Fire Emblem's typical mould of "defend your pacifistic nation from invasion, then infiltrate enemy nation and kill their leader." It's still the worst of that story archetype among Fire Emblem games, mind you, but it's way more palatable than Conquest/Revelation.

I agree that it'd be rad if we got more non-European Fire Emblems. So many choices to draw from that could fit splendidly.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Good for them. Awakening was so good. Fates...I barely completed Birthright. And just quit half way through Conquest.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know Fates was doing this well. Good job Intelligent Systems.

Completely deserved too, it's one of the best FE games.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So this means the series will be always be full on anime waifu/husbando going fwd?
Not necessarily, if they're smart at least cause that's not likely a growth market, and Three Houses doesn't look like it's going down that road so far. At least with the limited amount we've seen, never know what might be in store even if the general art direction and design appears rather conservative. Plenty of other characters may turn out to be crap in either design or characterization.

I do fear that between Warriors and Heroes, which both rely on the same kind pandering that was present in Awakening, and increased in Fates, to an even more extreme degree that it will be near impossible to escape that in Three Houses, but I'm holding out hope nonetheless.Awakening and Fates did well for a lot of other much more important reasons than pandering characterizations and character designs. Strong marketing, strong overall art/graphics direction, new mechanics and features that players really enjoyed like player avatar, casual mode, pair ups, grinding and the actual mechanics of marriages and offspring allowing for super soldiers were all a lot more important. That's not to say people don't loving shipping characters and everything surrounding Supports as there is certainly a very vocal group surrounding that, but that alone should not be the take away as to why Awakening/Fates did so well and how they'll succeed in the future.

I think it's the lack of a number of those major features that resulted in Echoes failing to do anywhere near as well as the prior two games beyond the timing of its release and lack of marketing.

I'm hoping that Three Houses develops and expands upon those things both Awakening/Fates and Echoes did so well, especially Echoes with the likes of explorable environments, dungeons and a more organic way of story telling and plot progression. Not mention well developed characters and a decent main plot and overall writing, which has been rather abysmal to say the least and could really help grow the series.

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to bump this thread because I feel like 5 million might be in the cards, just based off the hype and a bigger push from nintendo then I thought

Last edited:
OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5 million would be splatoon 1 range which would make FE a defacto AAA series for Nintendo...and i think its possible

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Well first things first.

Hit 3 million milestone and I say reach 4 million.

That would be incredible for a SRPG.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like three houses is a 5m TLD Switcth Franchise. I could be wrong and there isn't broader appeal outside those who got into Fates.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Given the Switch's consistent boosting effect, and Three Houses' apparent budget increase, I see 3M as a very attainable target.

4-5M+ would be incredibly impressive and nice, but I'll keep expectations in check until we see reception.

Oct 26, 2017
It's hype, man. Go big or go home. 5 million easily.
I'm pretty hyped for the game myself but, man, 5 million isn't exactly a small milestone, considering the sort of game Fire Emblem is. I won't deny that it can get there but it won't be easy. Now, 4 million is a number I feel much more comfortable with guessing

Go has 2 SKUs like every major prokemon
The vast majority of folk only buy one of the two so this doesn't exactly change much

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty hyped for the game myself but, man, 5 million isn't exactly a small milestone, considering the sort of game Fire Emblem is. I won't deny that it can get there but it won't be easy. Now, 4 million is a number I feel much more comfortable with guessing

The vast majority of folk only buy one of the two so this doesn't exactly change much
I would be pretty confident in 4 million and I am, but LTD I can see it hitting 5 within the year

Status
Not open for further replies.