• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Minimizing Racism Over Multiple Posts
You think it would have been better if he said #BLM on a picture of a watermelon? LMAO
No, why would you think that? Did I write that?

It just seemed he switched a word on a recent trending hashtag to garner some attention. The backlash he got is clear as a day but I didn't know the dude so I just said that it may be just a stupid thing he said.

Racism sucks but this whole thing sometimes seems like a witch hunting from someone outside of the US. (the last sentence is not based on your comment)

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

It just seemed he switched a word on a recent trending hashtag to garner some attention. The backlash he got is clear as a day but I didn't know the dude so I just said that it may be just a stupid thing he said.

Racism sucks but this whole thing sometimes seems like a witch hunting from someone outside of the US. (the last sentence is not based on your comment)
you literally said " stupid word switcheroo on the hashtag? ", so blacklivesmatter instead of watermelonlivesmatter.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He fucking knew what he was saying. You can't claim ignorance just because you're outside USA

www.independent.co.uk

Boris Johnson says 'watermelon smiles' remark was 'wholly satirical'

‘The quotations have been wrenched out of context,’ claims Tory frontrunner on notorious column

Racist pieces of shit always claim it's satire or a joke

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
He apologized immediately and it seems just like a stupid word switcheroo on the hashtag?
It just looks like a really stupid brainfart in a troubled time 🤷‍♂️

But I don't know the guy so what do I know?

Edit.: Apparently he's an asshole?

Yep. Raging a-hole. Some folks wanna act like he's being a heel but no. That IS him, no persona or act, just him.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fchamp should have retired when KBR bodied him on that tournament

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will those in charge of EVO ban him or remain incompetent during these historical times?

Do the right thing and show everyone the message of a better future, Joey Cuellar.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Trash man is streaming now, "what I said wasn't cool or nice... uhh yeah.."

"really disappointing I got banned this way"

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think these people would learn to not say stupid shit if for no other reason then to preserve your career.

How shitty do you have to be to think you'll get away with this?

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
He's always been a giant asshole. The whole "heel" thing was stupid and I'm glad people aren't all just using that as a cover for him.

Oct 25, 2017

What the hell nonsense are you spewing? It's fine if you're proud of your ignorance but keep it to yourself.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You'd think these people would learn to not say stupid shit if for no other reason then to preserve your career.

How shitty do you have to be to think you'll get away with this?

I mean real talk, you have people who started off as kids going to lives and streaming, with 0 media training for decades.

Of course they would show their ass during a highly charge national crisis. More so when they don't really care. More so when they have a history of showing zero empathy about anything. More so when you're in an environment where showing any sort of weakness or compassion labels you as soft and inferior.

Expect more of this.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

I'm confused. I know Fchamp is a "heel" in the fgc but this doesn't even make sense? Like, what's he even saying? I'd say I guess his FGC career is over but, he seems to get away with a lot of shit.

Tweet was deleted.
1i5va8mjgp451.png

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the people crying in his twitch about "black people kill each other and no one cares" and "sonicfox tweets about riots and antifa but TOs don't ban him for supporting terrorist orgs!!"

hoooooooooly shit.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Black people got stuck with the fucking stupidest food stereotypes.

Who DOESN'T eat fried chicken? And you don't get to say you come from a tropical or hot place if you haven't cooled yourself down with watermelon.
Beat me to it. Was just about to to post about fried chicken.

I'm always reminded of that Dave Chapelle skit about being genetically predisposed to liking fried chicken.

As for the topic....I guess some ppl just dont give a fuck about their sources of income.

G Darksoul

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The true marks of any idiot, of any ne'er do well, or any cretin are these 2 things: they don't possess an ounce of humility and they can't stay quiet...it is proven.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like his defense is going to be: How can I be racist when I love watermelon and fried chicken so much?

edit: is this stereotype unique to NA?

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
How do I get in on being a public shitsack full-time and have it played off as jokes and being a heel?

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf does Fchamp even do for a living these days? Dude hasn't been relevant since he got bodied by KBR years ago.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
A piece of shit playing video games being a piece of shit outside of video games? Who would have known!?

Wtf does Fchamp even do for a living these days? Dude hasn't been relevant since he got bodied by KBR years ago.

Sometimes when I feel bad I go watch that match. It's so goddamn cathartic and Yipes' commentary only makes it better.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Champ has always been a piece of shit, I never bought the whole "we need heel characters" argument, no we fucking don't, FGC is already one of the most inclusive communities out there, we don't need scum like Ryan dragging it down

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
What's this about cero getting banned? I remember LTG talking trash a while back. Did cero cross a line too?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't followed the scene since the Ultra SFIV/UMVC3, but I thought he was well-liked in the FGC and many top players vouched for his integrity?
All the Evil Genius clique from that time and well before were pieces of shit / protected other pieces of shit. Fchamp, Ricki Ortiz, JWong, PrRog, all of them. Nobody held them accountable of anything.

I wish those days were gone, but Chris G is still there and kicking, and I know nothing of consequence will happen to MikeZ either.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I don't know who he is but that's a fantastically racist and fucked up tweet. The sort of thing that isn't, "oh it's a poor joke," or "it was poorly worded and got misconstrued." Nope, that's just somebody who doesn't care about being garbage publicly.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Not surprised. Hes been a douche for a while and it's nice to see someone take some action. Wonder when Chris G will be held accountable