• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
On Thursday night, the FBI tweeted a photo of the suspect and posted a reward of up to $50,000 "for information leading to the location, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the placement of suspected pipe bombs in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021."

At around 1 p.m. on Wednesday, law enforcement agencies received reports of two suspected pipe bombs with wires outside the RNC and DNC headquarters in Washington, D.C.

federal law enforcement source told ABC News that the suspected pipe bombs were indeed active, and U.S. Capitol Police confirmed that the devices could have caused "great harm."

"The USCP Hazardous Materials Response Team determined that both devices were, in fact, hazardous and could cause great harm to public safety," police said in statement.

abcnews.go.com

FBI posts photo of person who placed suspected pipe bombs outside DNC, RNC

The FBI has shared a photo of the person responsible for placing the suspected explosive devices outside the RNC and DNC Wednesday, prior to the U.S. Capitol protests.

Image of person

pipe-bomb-suspect-fbi-mo-20210108_1610083324785_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

let me know if posted already. But this was lost in the mix I think it probably needs more attention at just how much terror could've been brought during the riot. This is insane.

picture of the device
abc-news-exclusive-explosive-device_1610004276333_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

Last edited:

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Grey hoodie and black gloves? Classic Antifa uniform.

(/s)

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
I know the FBI has the assets to actually catch him, but I find it hilarious that the pic they post hast literally 0 defining features present.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
If the show Homeland were made today it would be all about this shit.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I know the FBI has the assets to actually catch him, but I find it hilarious that the pic they post hast literally 0 defining features present.
yeah makes it kind of wild lol. But I'm sure they must have a few cameras to track their path where they came from.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad this guy wasn't dumb enough to not cover himself and post selfies on social media.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Anyone in America weighing under about 180 lbs who owns a heather gray hoodie and black gloves is gonna have to have a chat with the FBI. Surely they'll weed 'em out eventually.

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, the guy covered his body, face, and head up, so I think they are just putting out what they have in the hopes that someone recognizes his general appearance. Maybe they get a few dozen leads from people who think they know a guy who wore something similar on that day, and maybe when they follow up they find him.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
yeah makes it kind of wild lol. But I'm sure they must have a few cameras to track their path where they came from.

Yeah, I imagine they can follow his path to either vehicle or hotel with cameras, but they might also be able to figure out his ID through cell info if they can figure out who he is based on his path.

Anyone in America weighing under about 180 lbs who owns a heather gray hoodie and black gloves is gonna have to have a chat with the FBI. Surely they'll weed 'em out eventually.

shit

Oct 29, 2017

I mean, this does narrow down who the suspect is quite a bit. Just from this photo you can reasonably assume he's a white (maybe?), younger, ~160 pound male. If maybe someone the terrorist knows already had suspicions this would help push them towards contacting the FBI.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
I mean, this does narrow down who the suspect is quite a bit. Just from this photo you can reasonably assume he's a white (maybe?), younger, ~160 pound male. If maybe someone the terrorist knows already had suspicions this would help push them towards contacting the FBI.

I mean we all assume he's white, but there's no pixel (at least in the pic in the thread) showing skin color. Hell, could even be a woman.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grey hoodie and black gloves? Classic Antifa uniform.

(/s)
The fact that he's not covered in Trump shit is proof that he's not Antifa. If they were really running a false flag psyop they would want him covered head to toe in MAGA gear.

This is someone who is legit trying to hide their identity. An actual terrorist and not the dumbest we've seen. Scary.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we all assume he's white, but there's no pixel (at least in the pic in the thread) showing skin color. Hell, could even be a woman.
Exactamundo. You really can't assume much here.

We can at least get their height and weight down closer. But there's not much to go by here.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
The fact that he's not covered in Trump shit is proof that he's not Antifa. If they were really running a false flag psyop they would want him covered head to toe in MAGA gear.

This is someone who is legit trying to hide their identity. An actual terrorist and not the dumbest we've seen. Scary.

Just stop entertaining this false conspiracy that "antifa" was dressed as trump supporters

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I imagine they can follow his path to either vehicle or hotel with cameras, but they might also be able to figure out his ID through cell info if they can figure out who he is based on his path.
Yeah esp the time of night can narrow people down if they were dumb enough to bring a phone with them.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Please believe, at this moment multiple networks/platforms have their writers furiously crunching on being first with the best "domestic terrorism during messy Presidential transition with fascist/radical lame duck" plotline for a series.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I mean I was clownin' obviously, but I can't even tell he's white from this photo (beyond just making the obvious assumption) or that he's on the younger side beyond just seemingly having a somewhat more modern fashion sense then 95% of the MAGA parade.

Ain't gonna disagree that what little info is here though could be enough to cause a suspicious friend, family member, or neighbor to send in a tip that catches them though. Just find it interesting that there's not a single better photo that shows even a spec of facial features that they could have gone with, given the amount of cameras I know are in that area (DC area resident here).

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
If that photo is all they have to go off of, the best bet would be the unique shoes, assuming the person wearing them was stupid enough not to throw them away afterwards

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't provide their WORST photo just to try and keep people out of their way.
Yeah might be right to really make someone make some movement, and eliminate some false tips.
If that photo is all they have to go off of, the best bet would be the unique shoes, assuming the person wearing them was stupid enough not to throw them away afterwards
Yeah those shoes look unique.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
seems like a pattern.

The tactical people were wearing masks, like the guy with the zipties.

The morons there for the lib tears weren't really wearing masks.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously Hillary

Just need to check her e-mails.

seems like a pattern.

The tactical people were wearing masks, like the guy with the zipties.

The morons there for the lib tears weren't really wearing masks.

I feel like it's a useful idiot model from top to bottom. Trump himself is a useful idiot. He's got direct useful idiots, and the pattern just flows all the way to the bottom. The law enforcement model at the Capitol fits this, as does the raid itself.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Not much to ID the guy, but the point of the $50K reward is to find somebody who knows him. He probably wasn't completely unknown so somebody might have known what he was up to. He's probably not the type to be completely silent about it, to either friends, family, or social media.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Just need to check her e-mails.

I feel like it's a useful idiot model from top to bottom. Trump himself is a useful idiot. He's got direct useful idiots, and the pattern just flows all the way to the bottom. The law enforcement model at the Capitol fits this, as does the raid itself.

you KNOW there were spies inside of that building as this thing had so much notice. On one hand, that last hack likely affected the capitol. so sure, already exposed..

But just having the hardware/access like this is insane to me from a national security standpoint. They had hours. I heard on the radio that there was a lockdown that happened w/the machines eventually software wise. But, they literally stole computers.

Lets just hope the democrats weren't typing anything stupid again.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You remember how it was kind of about what was happening over these past 4 years?? That was insane.

I never researched to see if they came up with it before or after the 2016 election. The season with President Keane.