• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
The FBI must keep rolling their eyes that they have to investigate this garbage.

Or maybe they enjoy it. Who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think some of you are misreading the story, The FBI knows it's fake and are investigating it as that and the people who where warned not to decimate this are in potential trouble for willfully assisting in another Russian op.

That's how I interpreted the story. I know there's sensitivities because of the 2016 bullshit, but let's settle down for a moment -- Rudy could get a nice thorough fucking over this.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
If I'm reading this correctly, it's a good thing?

It seems like the FBI is investigating this as a "foreign intelligence operation" as in, they see this as planted misinformation from foreign states.

What's with the knee jerk reactions?

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I think some of you are misreading the story, The FBI knows it's fake and are investigating it as that and the people who where warned not to decimate this are in potential trouble for willfully assisting in another Russian op.
I think people aren't actually reading it at all :/

Yeah this isn't bad news folks.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
vV5N1kx.jpg

Welp.

But for real, the OP title is much worse-sounding then what is actually happening, if I'm understanding this right.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
As some other recent posters are saying, this looks like good news. The FBI is investigating this as a foreign interference bullshit story, not investigating Hunter's actions.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I got someone I know who I will be defriending on Facebook that's believing the story about Hunter Biden. She posted shit about how she thinks Hunter Biden should go to jail and I tried to explain it that this story is to prey upon a person's fear about their children.

She works at the airport and I think she turned into a fucking QAnon idiot.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is more of an investigation at to how Rudy may be compromised and foreign agents are trying to manipulate him. I don't see this being as "as the FBI, we're currently investigating the Biden family."

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Here we fucking go again. This is Hilary's emails. Again.

They are stealing the election and getting away with it.

About over 10 million people have already voted early. Guess who they're voting for? Not Trump.

People outside of Trump's base aren't going to fall for his bullshit again after what has happened under him during the past four years, including on how Trump's handling the Pandemic.

Last edited:

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Yeah, this is huge misreading. The FBI are investigating this story as a potential foreign intelligence operation to disrupt the election. It's not because they think it's actually true.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I think people aren't actually reading it at all :/

Yeah this isn't bad news folks.
I did, but this still boosts the story and keeps it in media rotation, even when it's good for the Biden side. Shit needs to just sputter out everywhere (except on the cult side). Not that I blame the media in this case... they have to report developments

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
No it's not. Nobody gives a shit about Hunter when the world is burning around them.
Also over 9 million people have already voted.
21 million. Versus about 2.3 million this time in 2016.

This is also probably right and I thought was already previously signaled by other intel sources too.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't we known for MONTHS this was a garbage story that Bunker Baby and Ghouliani were going to try to drop in October to make new "but his emails" for the FBI? Why are they wasting time on this????????

Edit:

Ah, I see, they're investigating this with the knowledge that it was fake. Excellent.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

Because it's an investigation that people in this very topic fear that, whether right or wrong, could have the same ramifications for the election of this year as the butter emails investigation had on the 2016 election.

Is it really that difficult to understand how the two relate, even if this investigation and the nothing burger Rudy is trying to push will probably have less of an impact than butter emails?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's an investigation that people in this very topic fear that, whether right or wrong, could have the same ramifications for the election of this year as the butter emails investigation had on the 2016 election.

Is it really that difficult to understand how the two relate, even if this investigation and the nothing burger Rudy is trying to push will probably have less of an impact than butter emails?
Well apparently a lot of folks are having difficulty understanding the context of this investigation, which is anti-Trump. Like, Rudy is the one being investigated here.

Also the margins Biden has are 4 points better than what Clinton was working with. 538 had to readjust their methods after 2016.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe

No at this point I dont think anyone gives a shit about the Hunter Biden story. Its sounding like this investigation is more troublesome for the Trump campaign if anything.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
who am i going to go with?
joe biden who lied once and might have got his son a job he didn't deserve in ukraine?
or trump who lies constantly and definitely got his daughter and son-in-law jobs they didnt deserve in the white house... and who also has proven himself a terrible leader?
gotta go with trump.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Here we fucking go again. This is Hilary's emails. Again.

They are stealing the election and getting away with it.
This is politics. They were always going to try this. This charade will not change anybodies mind if they were already voting for Biden and I really can't imagine it swaying any of the dumb undecided voters either.

Hillary didn't lose because of the leaked emails.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
Oooh for the love of all that is good. This is ubsured, what random repair shop calls flipping Rudy Giuliani and the FBI. Common son

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who even wrote that story, I wonder? What shitty movie did they watch, involving a laptop brought into a repair shop, that them "inspired" them to write the dumbest fucking hit piece of all time?

Hire a competent writer, idiots.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
This is politics. They were always going to try this. This charade will not change anybodies mind if they were already voting for Biden and I really can't imagine it swaying any of the dumb undecided voters either.

Hillary didn't lose because of the leaked emails.

Hillary just wasn't very well liked (thanks to 20+ years of right wing talk radio and Fox News slander), and undecided voters were looking for any excuse to vote against her - hence the effectiveness of butter emails. Biden just isn't that polarizing.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is huge misreading. The FBI are investigating this story as a potential foreign intelligence operation to disrupt the election. It's not because they think it's actually true.
I wouldn't say it's "not because they think it's true". I don't think they care if it's true or not. The emails very well could be real but they sure as shit didn't originate from some laptop that Hunter Biden left at a computer repair shop that just so happened to be run by a crazy Trump supporter that has absolutely no ethics. The issue is, is this another operation in the long line of Russian operations to subvert our election? And who exactly are the players involved in this operation?

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would, same shit happened with Hillary around the sametime in 2016 and her numbers dropped because of it.

You have to keep in mind, though, that there was like 25 years worth of Clinton conspiracy theories in the mainstream consciousness before "email gate" happened and the reason it was so toxic was because it just affirmed a lot of people's pre-existing beliefs about her.

The same isn't true of Biden. Polling shows that folks haven't responded to this story the way they responded in 2016. The media is being much more responsible in the way they report this story. And Trump was already impeached over this shit, which ensures no one but his diehards take these claims at face value.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

This. The replies in this thread are something else.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like this story is gaining any traction anyways. Like no one cares. I guess if the FBI can show that Rudy was duped by Russians than cool, but it probably won't make a big difference either way.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
If you're really so shallow do as to still be an undecided voter, and you're stupid enough to fall for this obvious lie, I don't know what to say to you.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like this story is gaining any traction anyways. Like no one cares. I guess if the FBI can show that Rudy was duped by Russians than cool, but it probably won't make a big difference either way.
Nah, it really does seem like too little, too late. The takes I've seen from people who even bother to respond to it fall into these categories:
a.) Trump's trying to pull Burisma/Emails 2.0 because he's desperate
b.) So what? We're not electing Hunter Biden as president
c.) Even if Hunter abused his father's position, it's nothing compared to what the Trump kids have done.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There's a lot of misreading (or not reading) the OP, the FBI is investigating this because they believe the story, emails, and laptop itself were planted by foreign intelligence, and Rudy is the willing idiot to amplify it this time.

Far more likely that this results in a second round of indictments for the Internet Research Agency than Hunter Biden.

Oct 25, 2017
The story falls apart instantly once you learn one simple fact. Hunter Biden lives in Los Angeles.
Why the hell would Hunter fly across the country to his home state just to get some computers fixed? He's not hurting for money either, the Biden family is fairly well-off. He could easily afford a house call to fix his computer. Also, flying across the country for that would be a colossal waste of money.
Seriously there's so much shit to this story that doesn't work. The FBI are investigating where the story came from since it's so obviously false.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
My reaction in 2016 when the Comey letter was dropped: "Fuckin' SHIT!!!"

My reaction in 2020, when this "surprise" was put in the NY Post: "...Fuckin' LOL."

This laptop/email story is completely bogus, and the FBI knows it.

Yep. It's a pretty short OP.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Hillary just wasn't very well liked (thanks to 20+ years of right wing talk radio and Fox News slander), and undecided voters were looking for any excuse to vote against her - hence the effectiveness of butter emails. Biden just isn't that polarizing.
I agree completely.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
The difference between this story and the Clinton email sandal is that the later had an investigation from a respected source (the fbi), and had months long media attention hammering the story from every angle. And at the end of it all, there was an additional letter from a respected official right before the election.

This is a last minute tabloid hack job with no verifiable evidence. I really don't see this as comparable at all.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of misreading (or not reading) the OP, the FBI is investigating this because they believe the story, emails, and laptop itself were planted by foreign intelligence, and Rudy is the willing idiot to amplify it this time.

Far more likely that this results in a second round of indictments for the Internet Research Agency than Hunter Biden.
Yep. Gotta love it. These dipshits were banking on this, along with the investigation into Obama and Clinton SPYING on Trump as the October double whammy surprise that undid the Biden campaign momentum. Oops.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm beginning to think their disinformation campaigns were just throwing shit at the wall until something stuck. This Hunter thing isn't even subtle, much less plausible.

I think a lot of the sophistication of these interference operations has been overblown. As you say, they throw people and a little money at these things and hope something pays off.