• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why do people think this will be about Clinton? Do you guys read the news at all lol? Trump hates Wray since he's not an admin lackey like the rest of his appointees. It's a strained relationship. This will not be good for Trump. My guess, Russia's election interference will be unveiled.

Nov 1, 2017
How I feel on a daily basis in 2020:
tenor.gif

Please be good news, please be good news, please be good news...

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not trying to spread bullshit. I'm looking at what I'm seeing on Twitter and various news sources.

And determining that a story released hours ago that has nothing to do with national security today will be re-released tomorrow again as having to do with national security? People are ribbing you for a reason. You aren't thinking that one through. If its an already released story, its not getting a whole press conference tomorrow...

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Lol I hope it's about the Clinton plan to tie Russian influence to the Trump campaign.

People are fed up with Trump. Clinton, electorally, is history. It would be the driest, dustiest, least audible and barely odious fart of an October surprise in american history if it turns out to be that.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
This shit terrifies me. Even if its something that conventionally would appear damaging to Trump, the psychopaths will just see it as confirmation of the 'deep state' conspiracy bullshit. I just can't see a way that it doesn't help that motherfucker.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Comey set this precedent btw lol.

This shit terrifies me. Even if its something that conventionally would appear damaging to Trump, the psychopaths will just see it as confirmation of the 'deep state' conspiracy bullshit. I just can't see a way that it doesn't help that motherfucker.

There's only so many of those guys.

Oct 29, 2017
Idk why this thread is so sure it's something damaging to trump. All those tweets sound like some shit Fox News is going to latch on to for the next mont.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Geez man. Y'all need to chill the hell out. Whatever it is won't swing many voters at all. Everyone is locked in, even these so-called undecideds.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I'll laugh if this is the Nixon moment that forces him to do the walk of shame. This seems incredibly well timed regardless.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I forget how panicky folks can be. Good to be reminded, I suppose.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Does it mean anything that Barr isn't involved? I think if it was interference either he or Pompeo would be there, wouldn't they?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Im betting is nothing huge, but not minor either. Like social media forced to shut down foreign interference. Like Qanon on Facebook. Maybe bots on twitter will get axed.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Yeah it's gonna be such a bombshell that it's going to erase the 10+ point lead Biden has in an instant.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find anything about this on justice.gov, have we seen any further confirmation yet? (I saw the thing about a BuzzFeed reporter saying they got it from a colleague but wonder if we've gotten anything else)

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh that explains Trump's current flavor of grievance.

Gee I hope all this stress isn't affecting his recovery!

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
Looking at the roster, I too think it's about ongoing 2020 election interference attempts.

If this were about Biden or Clinton, Bill Barr or Trump himself would be running to the podium to be the first to announce it, optics be damned.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Sometimes I forget how panicky folks can be. Good to be reminded, I suppose.

There's precedent - just look at Comey in 2016.

That being said, I doubt there's much of anything that could move the needle one way or the other at this point. The FBI could literally release hundreds of pages of transcripts describing exactly which methods the Russians are using to interfere with elections, and Republicans would just say 'as long as Trump can keep sticking it to the libs, then bring it on!', and even the most Trump-friendly findings wouldn't sway me in the slightest.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Actually either way; both these aren't new narratives to the political landscape.

1)Hilary/Obama ordered the deep state to pause their pedophilia to take down justice fighter Donnie Trump
2)Russia tipped the scale and Trump has been a goldmine for them, and they want to keep this party going.

Trump's been saying he's been targeted for the past four years and has provided 'proof' dozens of time. Even if it's super conclusive ('Look, it's footage of Hilary using rope to shimmy down Trump tower to peer in his suite!') it's not going to fix his covid/economy issues or amp up his base who already believed it anyway

If it's Russia is actively working to get Trump re-elected, I don't think anyone rational is thinking other wise post impeachment.

Oct 25, 2017
The FBI is a far greater threat to the security of people in this country than anything they would be reporting on.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017

iunno if it'll HELP him exactly, but I've definitely resigned myself to thinking that nothing could possibly come out that would hurt him.

Anecdotally, a lot of the general public seem to be desensitized by the tumultuous nature of the US government. Whatever comes out tomorrow, many will see it as either merely formative due to election season, or Just Another Cog in the Conspiracy™. It's a bummer, but that's how it seems around these parts, anyway.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to see an actual news outlet report about this supposed conference tomorrow. Hell it lists cnn as the press pool and they haven't even mentioned it lol
I don't see anyone else reporting on this. I feel we have been duped.
I can't find anything about this on justice.gov, have we seen any further confirmation yet? (I saw the thing about a BuzzFeed reporter saying they got it from a colleague but wonder if we've gotten anything else)

Check threadmarks, I got it confirmed by BuzzFeed News.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
This makes me nervous, hope it's not something bad for Biden, a Comey esque attack.