• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The FBI Arrests Man Who Carried Zip Ties into Capitol - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

The F.B.I. arrested a man on Sunday who was photographed in the Senate chamber clad in military-style clothing and holding zip ties after internet researchers managed to piece together his identity.
Law enforcement officials said the man, Eric Gavelek Munchel, 30, was taken into custody in Nashville on federal charges. One of the officials said the authorities had recovered several weapons. No further details were available. Charges were expected to be announced soon.
Efforts to reach Mr. Munchel before his arrest were unsuccessful. He is one of more than a dozen people charged by federal authorities in connection with the attack on the Capitol.

merlin_182054916_324bc128-b9d5-4c63-91bb-fe5e538b463f-superJumbo.jpg

Woot! One more down. :)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine ruining your life by committing insurrection in the name of someone that doesn't give a single shit about you and never did.

Oct 26, 2017
This terrorist, insurrectionist, had handcuffs, zipties, pepper spray, and his pistol on his person when he invaded the capital building.

I hope this fuck get 25+ years in federal prison.

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
And unlike other law enforcement the feds will see this as an easy promotion regardless of his skin color.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Realistically, how much time whey would face in jail being federal charges?

I'm afraid they are only getting 1 year but releasing them in a few months.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Send him to Guantanamo. And oh and start randomly selecting white people for inspection at airports.

Signed,
A brown muslim man

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
All because he decided to LARP in the same outfit and then take off his mask in the lobby of a hotel like no one was going to notice.

At least change your shirt, dude.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love that his defense was "I found these ties on the ground and was looking for an officer to give them to"

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is true or not but my wife read somewhere where he claimed he just found the zip ties laying on the ground and picked them up to give them to a police fo fire.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
terrorists shocked that acts of terrorrism lead to being arrested

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't this the same guy who was trying to claim he had found the zip ties on the senate floor and was intending to return them to a police officer?

This scum better not just get one year for this.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I love that his defense was "I found these ties on the ground and was looking for an officer to give them to"

Wasn't this the same guy who was trying to claim he had found the zip ties on the senate floor and was intending to return them to a police officer?

This scum better not just get one year for this.

That's the air force guy, unless Munchel also attempted that defense.

AF guy needs to be arrested if he hasn't been already.

www.militarytimes.com

Insurrectionist ‘Zip-Tie Guy’ identified as retired Air Force lieutenant colonel

Retired Lt. Col. Larry Rendall Brock Jr. was photographed on the Senate floor in combat gear holding zip tie handcuffs.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Realistically, how much time whey would face in jail being federal charges?

I'm afraid they are only getting 1 year but releasing them in a few months.
I'm no expert on prison sentencing by any means, but this isn't just breaking and entering into a federal building. Not a chance they are only sentenced for one year after all criminal charges are made and go through trial.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if this is true or not but my wife read somewhere where he claimed he just found the zip ties laying on the ground and picked them up to give them to a police fo fire.
That was a different guy who claimed that when being interviewed by ronan farrow. It is complete horseshit.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Ma! We gonna go storm the elites for GEOTUS Trump! You comin!?!

yea lemme grab some zip ties for those pedo satanists Dems!!

thanks ma! *screams in y'all qaeda*

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
They better not give him a slap on his the wrist like the guy who stole Pelosi's podium.