• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So with overwatch 2 news it made think of the roster of characters we have and I love majority of them.
latest

My favourite character from personality is tracer I love her design and bubblyness and she's fun to play
But...
latest

My absolute favourite character to play is Ashe!
Her shotgun is so deadly and the combos I do with her shotgun push back and dynamite. Also Bob is a heast!

What about all of you?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Ana. She's a healer / sniper / grandma hybrid and probably my favorite support character from a gameplay perspective in any game I've played.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zarya, most fun to play and a great design

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
They're all great but mine is Mercy. I think her angel aesthetic is cool and her gameplay design is perfect for me. I can't aim, I'm not good at shooters, so she gives me a way to contribute in a major way that is critical to the team. Her mobility is extremely fun too.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Tank: Sigma, Hog, Dva
DPS: Soldier, Pharah, Torb, Sym
Heal: Moira, Babtiste, Ana, Mercy

I like pretty much everyone but those I can make shine. I got to Platinum once with Zarya on PS4 solo. Lately my favorite overall is Moira. I can heal, do damage and her orbs are fun.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Favorite to play as at the moment is Mercy. Flying around the battlefield with Guardian Angel and during Valk is so fun.

I used to really love playing Symmetra 2.0 because of her unique trap-setting playstyle, but I don't really vibe with her current kit.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Roadhog because finally there's a FAT character well designed. And D. Va because i'm just horny.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I main Pharah.

They treat her output of skins dirty though, always shafted. And with OW2 the only thing they did was make her visor transparent. Wow!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
zarya because once you get high energy you can carry pretty hard. bubbles let you make some big plays, meaty right clicks to charge your ult, rocket jumps to let you get high ground faster and getting big gravs.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Zarya.

Bad players get absolutely rolled by her and that full charge beam drone is a beautiful sound. Seeing the actual foley work they're doing for OW2 makes me giddy with anticipation for how good she's going to sound and feel.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite to play? Echo

Favorite design overall? Widowmaker

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Despite not liking her at first, Moira is now my absolute favorite Overwatch character. I really like how she plays and being a villain raises her coolness as well.

She's the only OW character I'd buy a figure of at this point.

Hunt

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite character is the reaper guy. he is very powerfull. special move, honestly is one of the best in the game and so he comes equipped with these two revolvers and only takes about 3 or 4 shots to actually execute a kill so it comes really in handy specially when you come from the side.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
I was a dva main for a long ass time but once they reworked her, it never clicked for me. That said my favourite character is probably mcree or ashe. Love me some cowpokes

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mained Pharah when I used to play. Because jetpack and rockets.

Otherwise, I'd play Tracer. And to a lesser extent, Lucio, Genji, and Mercy.

Fell off the game around Orisa and Doomfist

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played it in years but I eventually settled into rotating between Zarya and Zenyatta as long as the team composition permitted it. I'd give the edge to Zarya since I was very very good at her, but I have no idea what state she is in the game by now. She really plays to my strengths in that I'm good at tracking people with her laser and predicting damage on my team. Plus it felt good to be able to totally dominate a match when the enemy team was playing stupid and giving me energy. I'm generally bad with characters like Genji or Hanzo by comparison.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Always liked playing as Mercy or Reinhardt the best. I remember really liking Symmetra early on too, but changes to her moveset drove me away eventually.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Pharah reporting

best feeling was getting the enemy team to tilt switch to hit scan heroes and still endlessly shit on them. I got to top 500 as a pharah main and that was one hell of a toxic trip. I kind of miss it lol.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite to play: Genji, Mccree, Ana, Lucio, and used to be Hanzo (he just doesn't feel as fun anymore).

In terms of personality, probably Mei.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brigitte and Baptiste.

Baptiste is the most fun I have. Throwing a clutch field is basically a Jojo moment for me lol.

Bap is also the most charming character.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
iu

Along with Zenyatta and Wrecking Ball, Mei is one of my favourites since watching her reveal trailer back in 2015.

I really dig her design and ice theme, and she's just do gosh darn cherry I want to pinch those chubby cheeks.

As far as favourite cosmetic skin for Mei? It would be the following below (Chang'e/Luna, Jiangshi, Pajamei, ECO Point, and Beekeeper).

iu

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
S tier: Baptiste, Moira, Reinhardt, Sigma, Symmetra, Zarya,
A tier: Everyone but
C tier: Orisa. I play as her a lot. She's good to have on the team. But boy, she's not that fun to play.

Siobhan

Oct 28, 2017
I came back to OW recently after a long break. I have been really enjoying Brig. I love being able to just murder people who try to dive the backline, and she's probably the closest that a FPS character will ever come to feeling like I'm playing a cleric. I've also been having a lot of fun with Ashe. I wrote her kit off as kinda boring at first, she seemed like McCree with a mobility skill, but the viper is actually a pretty interesting gun. She's become my go-to DPS. Not that I DPS all that often.

I'm also really surprised with how much I like Sigma. When I saw screenshots of him I always thought he looked kinda goofy and his story seemed a bit boring. 'Badguy scientist' is not really a villain archetype that clicks with me. Since getting back into the game, he's really grown on me, and his ult voice line is one of my favorites. Het universum zingt vor mij!

Before I took my break, my favorites were probably Mei & Pharah? At least as far as how I liked their character. For gameplay I almost exclusively played support, primarily Mercy & Lucio, and a bit of Zen.