• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite Plastic Member

• Regina

Votes: 71 24.7%
  • Gretchen

Votes: 126 43.8%
  • Karen

Votes: 77 26.7%
  • Cady

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Since it's October 3rd, I decided to make this thread in remembrance of Mean Girls (still a great movie).

Of the Plastics which member would you say is your favourite:

Regina:

Gretchen:

rs_634x1024-191010104005-634x1024-Lacey_Chabert-meangirls-gj-10-10-19.jpg

Karen:

59d000a1d7605b30008b4892

Cady:

sub-buzz-23880-1556643705-6.jpg

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This a hard call. I mean Gretchen totally made fetch happen, and Karen actively tries to bang her cousin. Regina was the Queen Bee to end all Queen bees.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Regina a lot more looking back so her

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is like an age test.

Lacey Chabert, but because of Party of Five.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't recall Gretchen being terribly mean spirited compared to the others.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
i want to be in with the toaster strudel money
Amusingly, there's currently a promo going on that allows you to buy Mean Girls-themed Toaster Strudel, and purchasing two of them gets you a rental of the movie.

Anyway, I prefer Cady overall, with Gretchen as a pretty distant second. I really like how she more or less goes full circle throughout the course of the movie, and I have to say that I'm conflicted as to whether I feel worse for Cady the first time she eats alone in the restroom or the second time she eats alone in the restroom.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Karen made me believe in having fun at Taco Bell.

But Gretchen had quite the character arc and made fetch happen.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Amusingly, there's currently a promo going on that allows you to buy Mean Girls-themed Toaster Strudel, and purchasing two of them gets you a rental of the movie.

Anyway, I prefer Cady overall, with Gretchen as a pretty distant second. I really like how she more or less goes full circle throughout the course of the movie, and I have to say that I'm conflicted as to whether I feel worse for Cady the first time she eats alone in the restroom or the second time she eats alone in the restroom.
The first, because the second time is her own fault and she knew it, too.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
The first, because the second time is her own fault and she knew it, too.
She did, but I feel as though she also experienced so much of what people experience over 13 10-11 years of school within a single year, so she went in with a pretty clear disadvantage and no reliable expectations. A lot of what she did, she did because both of her circles of friends were manipulating her. I don't think I'm alone in feeling bad for her the second time around.

EDIT: Oh, my bad. She's not a senior. I think she's a sophomore, but she still went in with a pretty clear disadvantage with no build-up.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
considering how popular this movie became, i'm actually surprised that "fetch" didn't ironically happen.

anyway, mean girls is the poor man's heathers.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gretchen doesn't even do anything aside from mentioning fetch lol. Regina has the strongest personality and carries the bullies, so her.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Karen's breasts can tell when it's already raining, which idk, is pretty fetch impressive

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I don't remember Karen being an asshole just kinda ditzy so I guess her?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gretchen. I am quite sympathetic to her plight and she seems the most fun.

Also her hair is full of secrets how can I not like her the most

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
Karen is the Ringo Starr of the group. She's just lucky to be there. Team Gretchen all the way.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lacey Chabert due to adolescent crush, but Amanda Seyfreid is a very very close second.
They're all fantastic in that movie though. Rachel McAdams is still great. Eurovision Song Contest says hello.