• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker for dumb cheese, so I loved the "I brought you flours" scene from Stranger than Fiction.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
la_sce__ne_d_interrogatoire_dans_batman__the_dark_knight____warner_bros__.jpg

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Recently watched HBO's Watchmen for the first time and the end of episode 8 comes to mind. It helps that the soundtrack for that scene (Lincoln Tunnel) is really awesome too.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
To be honest, I can't think of any examples at the moment, well, except for WALL-E maybe?

It's not an outright declaration, but damn does it still fuck me up just a bit emotionally.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
She-Ra spoilers

<333

It has to be this. This is the climax of the *entire show.* It's the self actualization of both characters. I'm not sure that this has ever been successfully pulled off in a genre that wasn't specifically romance. It's a stupendous moment

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
These are the three that immediately spring to mind. Strange Days' ending in particular felt so earned and was what cemented it as an all-time favourite for me.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017

I love the unburdening, his realization at the end of it and the truth that not all love will be requited.

I've seen online that people find this to be incredibly creepy but it's the first thing that sprung to mind purely for the reasons you gave. You can't help who you develop feelings for, even if you know it's wrong to do so, and in a film where there are so many variations and stories about love, it was good to see a character whose love was unrequited manage to find a way to move on.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Zemeckis absolutely killed it with this movie. Captured the essence of every classic love story ever told on screen.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
This isn't the declaration of love but I've always liked this Rachel/Ross scene from Friends. Yes, I'm a basic white dude who likes Friends.

And then the kiss.