• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is it one from the earlier games?

rJ1nhnZ.gif

The Lunar Whale or Blackjack?

knYyh4G.jpg

EoV215T.jpg

The Highwind or Ragnarok or Prima Vista?

7H63j7u.jpg

GiU6Swl.png

eA09M9u.jpg

The Celsius or Shiva?

ezjFUIh.jpg

A2pPrcm.jpg

Or something else 🤔 Aside from the Prima Vista I don't usually like most of the more wooden 'boat' style airships. Celsius is a bit ridiculous but I do like the more scifi ships you see in X, XII, XIII.

finalfantasy.fandom.com

List of airships

Airships (飛空艇, Hikūtei?) and other aerial means of mechanized transportation in the Final Fantasy series are the most common form of transportation. This airship was piloted by the Sky Warriors hundreds of years ago, and is found and used again by the Warriors of Light after they raise it from...

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Every air ship in FFXII I would say. Which is fitting considering how integral they were to the story.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
This is like choosing a favourite child. Don't make me do it friend

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i like the one in FFV for utlity terms. Its a ship, an airship and an.... over-the-air airship? Also the hiryuu fucking blows so it looked even better in comparison

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I love the Blackjack and the Highwind, but I've got a small place in my heart for the Prima Vista.

Such a shame it's not really usable, but it's gorgeous both in and out as well as pretty populous and comfy, really classy and sells the vibe of a ragtag group of thieves posing as an acting troupe, orchesta included:
s9cKSLH.jpg

L24YAGz.jpg

d86Veep.jpg

wGtjCbz.jpg

On that vein, I also like IX's Cargo Ship (in how "small-time" and humble it is) and the Hilda Garde series' sleek designs. The Invincible is really cool too, but I tend to prefer the more "mundane" airships.

Fun fact: VIII's Ragnarok is called Lagunamov in Spanish, so I grew up with that name:

Another big difference in translations compared to the English version would be Ultimecia/Ultima being Artemisa/Artema.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely the Ragnarok. It's like something I would've drawn in my notebook as a kid and I love it. Second is probably the Blackjack

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IX and XII because airships are a big part of their stories/worlds, and because they look awesome. Prima Vista from IX is probably my favourite due to its "classical" design, plus I really love the interior.

XII has some of the most grand and imposing ships in the series. I love the scale they went for with that game.

latest

latest

fff_ffxii_cg_airships_catoblepas.jpg

Last edited:

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
A hard decision, but my vote goes for the airships in IX. Especially the Prima Vista; althought not a controllable one, it plays an important scenario on the early moments of the game.

The airships that appeared since the PS2 games were pretty ambitious and I think the staffs had to give up using them as vehicles in order to change them into narrative scenarios by themselves.

Musically talking, I have pretty clear that Hildagarde 3, Blackjack and Lunar Whale have my favourite airship themes in the entire series. Outside the FF ecosystem, both Epoch and Yggdrassil are also my jam.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Honestly it's one of the few aspects that I don't like about FF. All their airships are always just so over designed, ugly or meh at best. But good thing they're never a huge focus in the story.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ragnarok, definitely.

I have a soft spot for the Falcon too, if only for that godlike scene where it ascends from the water while Searching for Friends starts playing for the first time.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Blackjack for me.

Although my heart also says the fully-loaded Falcon from FFIV (front drill, magma protection, & hook to carry a hovercraft!)

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Lunar Whale.

It's not the best designed airship in the bunch but I still get happy saying the sentence "Getting in my big space whale to fly to the moon"

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Prima Vista for me, probably. It's such a fun concept. I'm indifferent to most of the others aside from the NES ones because "ship, but with propellers" is very silly and I love it

FFXII's look like they were heavily inspired by the Star Wars prequels' art direction though and that's super fun