• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII has still one of the most iconic anthems

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If you come at it as a villain song, Let it Go is a pretty genius one.

I very much enjoyed FFXIII-2's theme for Caius, it really hits all the notes of his characterization and personality quite well. it's got a lot of depth if you can be objective and look past it and it's subject's similarity to Sephiroth, you nerds.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
From what hasn't been shown yet, Shiny is a subtle yet brutal takedown of Maui physically and emotionally.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

tumblr_nuj1f59WOq1romplbo1_500.gif

tumblr_pbqnhrLGNf1vgzd4so5_r1_500.gif

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Happy to see so many people saying this thread's true answer is "Be Prepared". I agree fully.

Disney is great at villain themes, all of the examples in here are perfect.

For instrumental, the theme song that Ludwig Goransson put together for Killmonger is a perfectly menacing mix of orchestral strings, African tribal music and trap beats.

Pain's theme from Naruto is cinematic and haunting.

The final boss music (I won't spoil more) for Bowser's Inside Story caught me off guard by how fucking cool it was.

Last edited:

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Dentist! from Little Shop of Horrors

Not THE villain, but A villain.

Still Alive from Portal

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I really love Vanitas' theme from Kingdom Hearts, it's an evil sounding mix of the themes for the 3 main heroes

And it got awesome new versions for KH3.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Most of my first picks have been posted already, so for something a bit more metal, one of my personal favorites: Magnus and the Assassin, from Metalocalypse (Featuring Corpsegrinder, of Cannibal Corpse fame, as the masked man)

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but Kill la Kill's villain themes sprung to my mind. There are some excellent ones.

Also the Jaws theme is about as iconic and memorable as it gets if that counts.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The song is really good, but it basically boils down to a religious man feels sexual impulse for a woman, so obviously all of Paris must burn.