• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite type of chocolate?

• White Chocolate

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Milk Chocolate

Votes: 47 43.1%
  • Dark Chocolate

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don't like chocolate

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I just did a taste test of chocolate in Market Research class, and was curious how you guys lie. My personal favorite is white chocolate, as I love the sweetness of it, but I can easily see why it can be divisive. I've tried some truly nasty white chocolate that tastes like hardened plastic mixed with canola oil. Milk chocolate is very safe but almost always good. Dark Chocolate's mileage varies for me, as I think a delicate balance is needed between sweet and bitter. Some of the best chocolate I've ever had has been dark (usually with a nice caramel or sea salt), but some of the worst has been too (the less said about the 99% dark chocolate my brother likes, the better). Just curious where you guys lie.

EDIT: Some Stats. As of 2013 Preference rates are 51% milk, 35% dark, 8% white, 6% none. https://www.mintel.com/press-centre...reeping-up-on-the-ever-popular-milk-chocolate

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like a pretty dark chocolate, like around 70%-75%. Once you're in the 80's it's too bitter for me.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I like all sorts but my limits for each is different and the type does not necessarily mean I am ok with all chocolates of its kind. Like, dark chocolate 80% and 95% are pretty different, even when eating the same brand.

I think if I had to pick one I would go with dark. I can have a little bit and be satisfied and I can indulge in a fair bit more before I say "Ok, I've had enough sweets... for now." I think milk chocolate is a close runner up just because it is "safe" as others said. White can be too sweet and I have less of the white chocolates before I've had my fill, however when you really want some white chocolate nothing else is good enough but I can sort of be satisfied if I eat milk/dark when I want the other.

I get cravings for different ones.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK milk chocolate.

Not Europe milk chocolate.
Definitely not the awful US milk chocolate.

Brands make a big difference too, Galaxy is great, Cadburys is ass these days (owned by US company now... coincidence?)

Jan 2, 2018
Milk with some kind of nuts in it. Plain milk chocolate is really boring.

Also: White "chocolate" is disgusting and not even chocolate at all.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As a teen and my early 20's, it used to be milk chocolate.

As I got into my late twenties and now early 30's, I find myself vastly preferring dark chocolate. Not sure why.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
God I want some Cookies and Cream right now.

Jul 4, 2018
White Chocolate is the top followed by Ruby and Dark. Used to love Milk Chocolate as a kid but now it tastes meh at best or Awful at worst.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? [Poll]

i gotta go with dark chocolate - the essence of actual chocolate. Y’all can keep that Hershey’s garbage

www.resetera.com

Dark or milk chocolate?

It's so weird how over time I started preferring dark chocolate so much more. I think it's an age thing because I know a lot of other people also had the same thing happen.

www.resetera.com

Redeem yourselves Eranians: Dark Chocolate vs Milk Chocolate

Yesterday this thread popped up: https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-keep-sticking-nuts-in-my-brownies-and-cookies-and-i-have-had-enough.123074/ And disturbingly, 54.7% of Era has been exposed as possessing FAILBUDS instead of tastebuds. Now is your chance at redemption. Dark Chocolate...