• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This generation is coming to an end and I figured I'd reflect on some well done inter-titles. Like a lot of users, I'm currently playing through Ghost of Tsushima. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a title drop this generation that elicited the same sort of emotional response.

The music, the art-style, the camera angle zooming along side the horse (which is probably why I think riding a horse in this is so enjoyable) the wind blowing, Jin taking the time to feel the grass. It's really well done.

Also, these two last gen classics:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Control is really effective as well. When it disappears you regain control of the character.

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Obligatory NieR Automata

because of what happens when it occurs. Literally 2 endings + into the game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doom 2016 probably.

I'd probably like Ghosts more if the stuff before it wasn't kinda bad.

Breath of the Wild and Control are pretty good too.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Obligatory NieR Automata

because of what happens when it occurs. Literally 2 endings + into the game.
I sort of hate this one lol, especially as someone who did all the sidequests.
After like 27 hours or so doing everything in Route A and B, I get past the intro of Route C, it does the title drop like 'oh the game is only just beginning' and then it finishes like 4 or 5 hours later.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Nier Automata is funny because literally everyone forgets the title drop at the beginning of chapter B, lol

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
The Last of Us 1's intro title sequence was just incredible. Especially loved how they overlaid the news briefings and the memorable music they included.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Do the classic Sonic the Hedgehog zone title cards count? If so, I'm picking those.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nier Automata is funny because literally everyone forgets the title drop at the beginning of chapter B, lol

tenor.gif

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Metal Gear Solid's elevator sequence remains iconic to this day:

tumblr_n2rid315UQ1rg3flro5_500.gif

And of course, Final Fantasy VII's is classic.

From a more modern game, Mario Odyssey's was great, dropping the title as you leave Cap Kingdom. Felt very cinematic.

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Started GoT last night and the title drop was amazing.

BotW was great too. the music and looking out over the cliff at hyrule was amazing

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild's is just lovely.

Xenoblade 2's does a great job of capturing the wonders and mystery of the Cloud Sea where the game takes place.

Xenoblade 1 is the absolute king though. It has been my favorite since I first saw it on the Wii and it's still god-tier. It's kinda long, but literally EVERYTHING about this scene is fantastic. In fact, this whole initial segment always gives me chills. The music playing in the background is amazing. There's such a great sense of urgency, and then... that last shot with the camera panning through all those locations to reveal that everything we've been seeing is but a small point in the bodies of dead titans. It's still one of the most awe-inspiring things I've experienced in gaming.

OP
OP
HiLife

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild's is just lovely.

Xenoblade 2's does a great job of capturing the wonders and mystery of the Cloud Sea where the game takes place.

Xenoblade 1 is the absolute king though. It has been my favorite since I first saw it on the Wii and it's still god-tier. It's kinda long, but literally EVERYTHING about this scene is fantastic. In fact, this whole initial segment always gives me chills. The music playing in the background is amazing. There's such a great sense of urgency, and then... that last shot with the camera panning through all those locations to reveal that everything we've been seeing is but a small point in the bodies of dead titans. It's still one of the most awe-inspiring things I've experienced in gaming.

I forgot how great BOTW was. Basically panned the camera out and all of it was your playground that you could explore as soon as the title disappeared.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When Red Dead Redemption's comes in right at the end of the game (after you get redemption) is pretty bad ass.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't started Ghosts yet so not gonna watch that, but I do remember the first inFamous having a pretty strong title screen:

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect 2, DOOM 2016, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7...

All mentioned already! Good job, gang!

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
So hard to pick one, but to name a few...

-Final Fantasy VII
-Metal Gear Solid
-Breath of the Wild
-Xenoblade 1/2

All seem to have been listed, haha

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going around watching Twitch vods just to see people react to the one in Ghost of Tsushima. So darn good.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 2, because it made you feel like shit for (correctly) whining about how boring Roxas has been.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
The Ghost Of Tsushima one os great if I only didn't run straight into the river and have Nobu kick up a fit... I can't be the only one who just ran straight.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeah GoT does it very well transitioning from the bleak and dark prologue to a bright and colourful area denoting the hopeful and exciting tone of the adventure ahead.