• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one is your favorite?

• Intro 1

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Intro 2

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • Intro 3

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Intro 4

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Intro 5

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was cool how they did a different version of the same song per season.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Season 1 for sure.

But if I'm being honest, I don't really like any of them. Even as a major Tom Waits fan, the whole thing felt corny as hell. But I also don't like The Sopranos intro song, so what the hell do I know?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The first one feels the most iconic because, well, it was the first... and it was what they used in the ending.

I have a soft spot for season 4's though.

Season 1 for sure.

But if I'm being honest, I don't really like any of them. Even as a major Tom Waits fan, the whole thing felt corny as hell. But I also don't like The Sopranos intro song, so what the hell do I know?

Blasphemy!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2.

Man I need to do a rewatch soon, still my favorite show of all time.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the season 5 the most, but I also liked season 5 itself more than most people too.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the rare times in which the original of a song sucks. Tom Waits' voice is terrible and even the instrumental part of his song put it in the bottom for me.

Season 1 and 4 are probably the best, though.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Tom Waits fan, so it has to be Season 2.

I remember when I first watched The Wire and it kicked in... I was agog.

This is one of the rare times in which the original of a song sucks. Tom Waits' voice is terrible and even the instrumental part of his song put it in the bottom for me.

tumblr_o5nmw3JxR31qzk2apo2_500.gifv

Quite the nuclear take you got there.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this was a tough choice between 2 and 4 but I had to go with 4 in the end.

I know this is about the song and not the visuals but how cool is this shot of Snoop in that season 4 intro tho
XL2JnA.gif

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
If I have to choose, S1, but I was never too hot on the opening themes. The theme for the ending to each episode though... perfection.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First time I saw season 2 I was like "Oh that's awesome, they got Tom Waits to do the theme"

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Season 1, I really disliked the season 5 theme, it's too droning. Season 2 as well to a lesser extent.

1, 3, 4, 2, 5 in that order

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i bounce back and forth all the time.

season one just fits right no matter what... but four is a fucking jam. that beginning is so smooth.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Season one intro is what comes to mind whenever I think about the show.

Best version of the song is this though.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I'm sorry, his voice is actual fantastic. Lol

He's a great songwriter, and even his acting performances I've enjoyed, but I'm not going to delude myself or anyone else by saying he has a great voice. Distinctive, sure, but great? Come on.