• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Grookey

Votes: 406 28.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 558 38.5%
  • Sobble

Votes: 607 41.9%

• Total voters

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Just for the sake of discussion, did y'all see this "leak" of the fire starter evolution:

fiorsi2qt4j21.jpg

Very likely to be fake for a bunch of reasons that has already been discussed on other forums. But I just thought it'd be fun to discuss: hypothetically, if this were real, would you choose the fire starter? I know I would. I think this design is super cool and unique, I would go for it instantly.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I mean, there's no way this isn't intentional.

In addition to the consistent color schemes, Scorbunny has the same bow-shaped ears, Sobble has the fringe shape and the yellow tied-up pigtail, and Grookey has the same hairstyle shape (ears and center forehead).

The fact they're also in almost identical positions might just be good cherry-picking of similar stances.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I simultaneously love and hate the fake evolutions. Especially for the last few generations because the fan speculation ends up looking better than what we actually get. And then I feel sad and mad knowing a better option existed than what is "canonical'

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to get this shit because the games are still going to be basic and easy as fuck but these three are undoubtedly the best as a whole since Ruby/Sapphire. They're all really good.

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
Think this is one of the worst gens. Unless I'm as excited with final evolutions as Gen I, Blaziken or Greninja, I think I'll just pick Scorbunny and store it into box asap.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's no way this isn't intentional.

In addition to the consistent color schemes, Scorbunny has the same bow-shaped ears, Sobble has the fringe shape and the yellow tied-up pigtail, and Grookey has the same hairstyle shape (ears and center forehead).

The fact they're also in almost identical positions might just be good cherry-picking of similar stances.
I think the person who made this comparison picture is the one who drew the powerful girls in those positions.

But yeah, the colors and hair similarity are pretty undeniable. I would say this has to be intentional.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always go with the grass starter no matter what. This time I don't dig any of the starters though. What matters is final evolution in the end, I guess.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
They all look similarly innocent in their expressions. None have like a real attitude to em which is why its so hard to pick for me. Gonna have to go with scorbunny

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
From fav to least:
  1. Sobble
  2. Grookey
  3. Scorbunny
Of course, final judgment is reserved until their full evolutionary lines are revealed. Last gen, Litten was my favorite starter and Popplio was my least, but then their evolved forms were revealed and totally flipped my opinion.

Gotta be honest though... I'm a bit lukewarm on all three of these guys. I'm starting to warm up to them a little, but I was quite unimpressed when I first saw them. Disappointing since there's usually at least one new starter that I absolutely adore immediately... Litten, Fennekin, Snivy, Piplup, Mudkip, etc...

Last edited:

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Just for the sake of discussion, did y'all see this "leak" of the fire starter evolution:

fiorsi2qt4j21.jpg

Very likely to be fake for a bunch of reasons that has already been discussed on other forums. But I just thought it'd be fun to discuss: hypothetically, if this were real, would you choose the fire starter? I know I would. I think this design is super cool and unique, I would go for it instantly.
Looks amazing, but don't think its legit.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Scorbunny & Sobble are awesome but Grookey will grow on me.

Most Pokémon when I see them first I don't really like but seeing them when I'm playing the games and seeing them in the anime and movies makes me love them.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
Just speculating on the bonus typing their final evolutions might get:

Scorbunny will almost certainly get kicking moves which suggests getting fighting type. But all common animal pokemon (rabbits, rats etc) have been normal type which would be a much more interesting twist on a starter.

Sobble is designed around sadness and has natural camouflage so maybe ghost?

Grookey has a stick weapon which might suggest getting fighting type. But other pokemon related to music have been normal or psychic (Meloetta, and Jigglypuff I guess)

also grookey is the best

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
i will decide what to choose when i know what the final forms look like, but right grookey is the cutest one

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
It's all about how the final form looks since that's what I'll see the majority of the time.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I've always felt like in previous generations there was a clear "loser" that was going to be vastly less popular than the other two, but this gen might be the first time that all of them are really close in popularity. We'll have to wait to see their final evolution to know for sure because sometimes a final evolution can be disappointing enough to hurt he popularity of the starter overall.

Litten was my clear choice for favorite when announced for Gen 7, but when we saw the final forms and Incineroar randomly decided to be bipedal (like every other god damn fire starter), Rowlet got a big enough bump to be the choice. Archer ghost owl is just a really badass concept.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
So after almost 24 hours, going through all the major internet polls (including this one here), seems like everyone collectively hates Grookey. So I guess that's gonna end up being my starter.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I see the margins have widened a bit and are now far more representative of the reality of the situation. Proud of you, Era.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised people like scorbunny. I think it looks horrible. I like the others though