• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Falcon.

And honestly, the Naboo ships have a cool look as well. Especially the yellow star fighter.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y-Wing.

Bandai's model kit tested my love for it, though.

jDU1QJB.jpg

I hate these pipes.

here's a picture of the one I built. You can definitely spot some glue overage if you look carefully.

Gx0oSjG.jpg

V-Wing from Rouge Squadron
d39yvp6-0cca2713-2355-4fef-b697-b48edacc0ab7.jpg

honestly now I prefer it this way.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
One of the very few things I like about Dark Empire is the Eclipse-class star destroyer:

latest

Tie Defender:

And of course the AT-AT:

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
latest

The star of Shadows of the Empire, Dash Rendar's Outrider. Inserted retroactively into the first film during one of George's 237 revision phases. :p

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
latest

The star of Shadows of the Empire, Dash Rendar's Outrider. Inserted retroactively into the first film during one of George's 237 revision phases. :p

Such a good design. Also had another model make it into Rebels. Of all the things that got put into legends, I think I miss Shadows the most. I guess Dash has been mentioned in a book, so he's canon too, but Shadows of the Empire seemed so cool at the time. I'd love to revisit that story.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody up in here posting them AT-ATs (which I love), but not a single post yet showing their amazing younger brother:

The AT-M6 (All Terrain Mega Caliber Six) aka the Gorilla Walker.

The AT-AT always looked so menacing, but this thing takes it to a completely new level:

khINoWJ.png

TsbCgbZ.jpg
No. It just illustrates that less is often more.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
latest

Such a good design. Also had another model make it into Rebels. Of all the things that got put into legends, I think I miss Shadows the most. I guess Dash has been mentioned in a book, so he's canon too, but Shadows of the Empire seemed so cool at the time. I'd love to revisit that story.
This ship (I guess called the YT-2400 Light Freighter) was in fact created for the Mos Eisley Special Edition scene by design mainstay Doug Chiang, but the design was sitting around for a while, and so they gave it to the Shadows of the Empire devs to use as Not-quite Han's Not-quite Falcon. But yes, it's a great design.

I oddly really like the T-16 Skyhopper because it was prominently featured in the first level of Rebel Assault, which my first Star Wars game

00c1b8ff0f8e68e004114f0b6d4b45a7--star-wars-saga-star-trek.jpg
A favorite of mine too. Side note: the prop model Mark fiddles with was the original prototype model designed by Colin Cantwell (original designer of the X-Wing, Y-Wing, Blockade Runner/"proto-Falcon", Star Destroyer, Speeder, Sandcrawler and Death Star.) So this is one of the few 1977 designs that didn't get revisions later by Ralph McQuarrie or Joe Johnston/other ILM staff.

The wiki says that it was originally one of the designs in the running to be the Y-Wing (which makes some sense), but all the official Rinzler Making-of says is that it was "originally a good-guy fighter." Since I missed out on his book tour earlier this year, I actually emailed Cantwell asking a little about if it was planned to be in a compositing sequence, but I guess that decision was made after his time on the production.

(That's a lot of pointless history on a minor ship that only shows up in games or the background in decades-later Special Editions. Sorry.)

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
TIE Fighter. A wonderful classic with a cool scream. Dig the TIE Advanced and Interceptor quite a bit too.

Also really appreciated the Hammerhead greatly after Rogue One, when it freaking rammed two Destroyers together.

tumblr_on2v6ztMYn1uvhnh7o4_500.gifv

I really enjoy the A-Wing more now after recently getting the new lego set ha ha.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
S-Tier : X-Wing, TIE fighter, Falcon, Imperial Shuttle, Star Destroyer, AT-AT, Snow Speeder, Sand Crawler
A-Tier : Y-Wing, A-Wing, Speeder Bike, TIE Advanced, Tantive IV
B-Tier : Slave 1 (sorry); Land speeder; B-wing, Super Star Destroyer, shiny ship from Episode 1, AT-ST
C-Tier: Everything else from prequel and sequel trilogy